Custom kit problems with BG2EE?

Rhaella

These files are not patched by the weidu "addkit" instruction.
Yeah, the suggestion here is to handle those with a special function &...

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~BGEE BG2EE~ THEN BEGIN
 INCLUDE ~mymod/ee/cd_ee_kit_appends.tph~
 LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION ee_kit_appends STR_VAR class = "FIGHTER" kitname = "PX_BLADESINGER" END
END 

Yes, that function might need to be updated per the EE versions if they update those.

While experimenting on my own on the currently available version of Bladesinger kit from deratiseur (without the latest changes reported by deratiseur), adding the suggested function and function call (without clastest.2da though), plus the code suggested by Rhaella for clastext.2da (and the proper kit variable suggested by Wisp), I found out that the function provided is failing to update CLSRCREQ.2da.

The missing addition in CLSRCREQ.2da makes the kit unavailable to select, although it appears in the list (greyed).

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~BGEE BG2EE~ THEN BEGIN

// Function included int tp2, does not patch clastext.2da
 LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION ee_kit_appends STR_VAR class = "FIGHTER" kitname = "PX_BLADESINGER" END

// Biography and simple description taken from the fighter
 APPEND ~clastext.2da~ ~PX_BLADESINGER	    2				   %PX_BLADESINGER%				   99901			    99902			    99903			    15881			    0            31252~

COPY_EXISTING ~clastext.2da~ ~override~
   REPLACE ~99901~ @89
   REPLACE ~99902~ @92
   REPLACE ~99903~ @91

APPEND ~CLSRCREQ.2da~ ~PX_BLADESINGER                0        1        0            0        0            0        0~

END

Yeah, I added clscreq manually to the appends.tph like so:

ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN backstab clsrcreq clswpbon hpclass numwslot thiefskl traplimt BEGIN

ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN clascolr clasiskl clasthac clsrcreq thiefscl BEGIN

And removed Clastext from it.

Hmm, everything seems to be working now with the kit variable added for the KitID.

Rhaella, I believe you only need to add "clsrcreq" to the first list, as you need to add a line at the end with content copied from the parent class.

The second block adds a column to the files. Having "clsrcreq" involved here may do funny things to that particular file by adding an unneeded column with unknow content.

Archived