General Bugs Encountered in EET

Roxanne

In found another of those unnecessary (and hindering) OnCreation() uses

In ar0800.bcs >>> the trigger for Bodhi Chapter 6 appearance and abduction

IF

OnCreation() adds no value to the script but can easily fail if some other block (e.g.from a mod) triggers earlier
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
Global("Deactivate0801","AR0800",1)
InMyArea(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
FadeToColor([1.0],0)
SetGlobal("Deactivate0801","AR0800",2)
DayNight(MIDNIGHT)
FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
TriggerActivation("Tran0801a",FALSE)
TriggerActivation("Tran0801b",FALSE)
TriggerActivation("Tran0801c",FALSE)
TriggerActivation("Tran0801d",FALSE)
TriggerActivation("BodhiInfo1",TRUE)
TriggerActivation("BodhiInfo2",TRUE)
TriggerActivation("BodhiInfo3",TRUE)
TriggerActivation("Tran0808",TRUE)
Unlock("DOOR12")
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("BODHIAMB",Player1,0,0,0) // Bodhi
END

The Bodhi scene failed for me twice, until I removed the line - it works perfectly without OnCreation().

These ocurances are from the original game - however I bring them up for EET as this is supposed to be a mod platform and here such unnecessary code will create issues. OnCreation() makes sense for such areas that start a welcome movie or similar but not for the repeated cases I have reported here when they are just normal triggers for an occurance in an area you had visited before.

This is why I think some EET script/tool may be applicable to remove them where not needed.

Roxanne, this block has been already adjusted in BG2:EE patch 2.0 with additional Continue() action at the end. Not sure if it fixes all the problems though considering mods can still EXTEND_TOP without adding Continue() and break the block...

btw. open beta for 2.0 BG:EE and BG2:EE patches has started - everyone with game bought on Beamdog store or Steam can participate. EET will be adjusted to take advantage of them soon, which means the beta will no longer support 1.3 patches (although it will have continuous journal and travelling back to old areas features ready for testing).

Roxanne, this block has been already adjusted in BG2:EE patch 2.0 with additional Continue() action at the end. Not sure if it fixes all the problems though considering mods can still EXTEND_TOP without adding Continue() and break the block...

The fact that adding a CONTINUE to the end does nothing. It can actually break the action in a sorta way.

Removing the OnCreation() from that is the right action. The only good action. It has a global, so it doesn't need an OnCreation ...

So it's going to be a 2.0 instead of 1.4.... inserts a joke: A bad one. BG2.0EE

So I looking the net and found the EET, so I installed a BGEE and BG2.0EE and the EET refuses to accept my my installs as valid. :punch::jump:

btw. open beta for 2.0 BG:EE and BG2:EE patches has started - everyone with game bought on Beamdog store or Steam can participate. EET will be adjusted to take advantage of them soon, which means the beta will no longer support 1.3 patches (although it will have continuous journal and travelling back to old areas features ready for testing).

The fact that adding a CONTINUE to the end does nothing. It can actually break the action in a sorta way.

Removing the OnCreation() from that is the right action. The only good action. It has a global, so it doesn't need an OnCreation ...

Adding Continue() to those blocks changes nothing. The Continue() would be required to all blocks that go before the one starting with OnCreation() - and even then, some do not work, like the one I reported with spawning Laola Axhand in BG1 in some earlier post.

First blocking bug : when going out from the cave under Candlekeep, the chapter stay at number 6.
However, in BG2626.BCS :

IF
	Global("Teth","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		IncrementChapter("CHPTXT7_")
		AddJournalEntry(104622,INFO)
		SetGlobal("Teth","GLOBAL",3)
END

and in BG5506.BCS (the Cave) :

IF
	Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",6)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Teth","GLOBAL",2)
END

CLUA:GetGlobal("Teth","GLOBAL") => 2 ???

I can't understand...

like this ?

IF
	OnCreation()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

IF
	Global("Criminal","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("WatchSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[1009.841],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[803.1866],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2521.2963],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[3039.2062],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[4031.1308],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2270.440],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2072.2010],S)
		SetGlobal("WatchSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
	Global("C#Q08_TalkedToTrun","GLOBAL",5)
	Global("C#Q08_LindaCreationOutside","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("C#Q08_LindaCreationOutside","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("C#Q08002",[3238.2174],S)
END

Or do you also want the file itself ?

Edit :

changelog BG2626.bcS :

Mods affecting BG2626.BCS:
00000: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v17

And Winmerge between before and after BG2_Tweak show me that only line 5 as changed : "Explore()" has been removed (has expected :) )

like this ?

IF
	OnCreation()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

IF
	Global("Criminal","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("WatchSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[1009.841],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[803.1866],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2521.2963],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[3039.2062],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[4031.1308],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2270.440],S)
		CreateCreature("WATCH6",[2072.2010],S)
		SetGlobal("WatchSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
	Global("C#Q08_TalkedToTrun","GLOBAL",5)
	Global("C#Q08_LindaCreationOutside","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("C#Q08_LindaCreationOutside","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("C#Q08002",[3238.2174],S)
END

Or do you also want the file itself ?

I suggest to correct the first block

IF

OnCreation()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Explore()

END

You can do that with NI, compile and save there. There should be no reason why the chapter should not be incremented after that. No idea why your version is corrupted.

Sorry, I edited my post...

do you think that "only" this could corrupt the script ?

I always read that to see the change on an area BCS file, you have to take a savegame before entering the area...

Well... I can't ;) I first went in this area LONG time ago :(

How can I change the BCS file in my savegame ?

Sorry, I edited my post...

do you think that "only" this could corrupt the script ?

I always read that to see the change on an area BCS file, you have to take a savegame before entering the area...

Well... I can't ;) I first went in this area LONG time ago :(

How can I change the BCS file in my savegame ?

No need to go to savegame - just change the BCS. The game will use the revised file with immediate effect.

What you say about savegame is applicable for the area are file itself - once you entered the area, it is saved and the saved version is used. Not applicable for the BCS script.

Archived