Photo

Toss your semi-useful WeiDU macros here

47 replies to this topic

#46 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Oh, this is great! Any chance for a 'shawdowed' option (i.e. like shades or shadow monsters in iwdee)?

Eh, didn't expect such a response to a relatively simple function.  Is nobody interested in my erase-journal-o-matic for BGT? :-)

And yeah, writing variants should not be too hard, if I'd know what makes a monster a shade or shadow.  Here's a variant that makes the monster illusionary.

Spoiler

Edited by Angel, 08 August 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#47 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9188 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Another small one, turn a creature into a summoned creature. 

This is GOLD. Gonna make good use of this.

Anyone know of a macro that is the obverse of SNPRINT - instead of retaining the first x characters of a string, I want to remove the first x characters and keep the rest. (Basically I want to automate switching out the modder prefix for a different one.)

In a patch context, this will take the file name sppr101/spwi101 and set the new_res variable to abcd101:

INNER_PATCH_SAVE new_res ~%SOURCE_RES%~ BEGIN
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^[Ss][Pp][WwPp][IiRr]~ ~abcd~
  END

In an action context, it's the same syntax except with OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#48 Grammarsalad

Grammarsalad
  • Modders
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

Oh, this is great! Any chance for a 'shawdowed' option (i.e. like shades or shadow monsters in iwdee)?

Eh, didn't expect such a response to a relatively simple function.  Is nobody interested in my erase-journal-o-matic for BGT? :-)

And yeah, writing variants should not be too hard, if I'd know what makes a monster a shade or shadow.  Here's a variant that makes the monster illusionary.

Spoiler

Oh, I love all of these!  I just have a specific issue that this will help with.  Basically, I have some bugs with a couple of summoning spells.  I think the issue has something to do with imported animations.  I'm just going to convert existing creatures, and this'll help.  It's great timing.  

I had to look up what made a creature 'shadow-like'.  I think the only thing required is that the creature has TRANS60.ITM equipped (I'm pretty sure).  That's easy enough for me to add, though.  Thanks...

Edit: as for illusionary creatures, I'll probably use it just because it's right there!

Edited by Grammarsalad, 07 August 2017 - 08:17 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users