BG Soundsets

... in order to upload on Mod site don't u need permisson?

Well, depends on what you actually want to do. SHSforums for example has a download section to which you can upload mods to a few categories(Miscellaneous Released Mods) as long as it's smaller than 30 Mb's the last time I looked.

If you want larger space/forum dedicated to the mod etc, you are probably better PM'ing the site maintainers, Admins etc. as they can give you the permissions and so forth, so you can show them that you can do the things you claim ... so to speak.

Also, here in G3, you can make a topic in the "Miscellaneous Released Mods", on to which you can attach a file via the new topic interface. You can of course only attach achieve files(.zip, 7z and .rar if the forum allows them, nearly every forum allows the .zip's at least).

Edit, yeah, you need to be logged in to make a topic ... and have a small amount of posts... maybe 5, but as you have made this topic, you already pass that restriction.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

... in order to upload on Mod site don't u need permisson?

Well, depends on what you actually want to do. SHSforums for example has a download section to which you can upload mods to a few categories(Miscellaneous Released Mods) as long as it's smaller than 30 Mb's the last time I looked.

If you want larger space/forum dedicated to the mod etc, you are probably better PM'ing the site maintainers, Admins etc. as they can give you the permissions and so forth, so you can show them that you can do the things you claim ... so to speak.

Also, here in G3, you can make a topic in the "Miscellaneous Released Mods", on to which you can attach a file via the new topic interface. You can of course only attach achieve files(.zip, 7z and .rar if the forum allows them, nearly every forum allows the .zip's at least).

Ah ok that makes sense. I have browsed the internet over the last almost 20 years seeing what soundsets where out there. I did find a few I liked, which got me into creating my own. I assumed that forums on here where stuff was added could only be added by modders, thanks for the heads up. I am still tweaking the soundsets atm, but now I know where i can upload them.

In regards to soundsets isnt the format to make custome: All the WAV files should be
22 khz, 16 bit mono sounds. , I did that and for some reason it keeps saving it as 32 bit instead of 16.

I pulled up 2 wav files to compare, one that i use in game and the new one there was No difference in the way it was made, but it doesnt play like normal. Im at a

loss as to what to do

In regards to soundsets isnt the format to make custome: All the WAV files should be

22 khz, 16 bit mono sounds. , I did that and for some reason it keeps saving it as 32 bit instead of 16.

What keeps saving it as that ? You didn't say the tool you use. I actually have no idea about the sounds except what's in the IESDP about them.

Also what format are the sounds files before your convert them into .wav files ? As the weidu.exe can convert a few file types into .wav by itself, well at least the .ogg files, for BG2.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

What keeps saving it as that ? You didn't say the tool you use. I actually have no idea about the sounds except what's in the IESDP about them.

Also what format are the sounds files before your convert them into .wav files ? As the weidu.exe can convert a few file types into .wav by itself, well at least the .ogg files, for BG2.

I use Audacity to convert them from mp3 format to wav format and for the most part I havent had any issues. I made a entire soundset for on of my PC's with 0 problem. So now im working on another PC set and I have the talking parts in wav bits but so far I convert it like the BG info says to and it wont play in-game. Everything is in the correct folder. Not sure if u are familiar with Audacity its a pretty nice soundfile modifier, u can cut/paste edit and alot of other things. I dont know all the quirks yet. Some of the time i use bits of songs in small durations as long as they sound ok in game. When i have the wav file up in Audacity oddly enough some of the small wav files save in Stereo format instead of Mono and still tend to work in game. But majority is Mono. I didnt think the bit 16 or 32 really mattered but BG says it should be 16. For some reason when I save it as 22Mhz, 16bit Mono , I can pull it right back up and its 22Mhz 32bit Float

New Odd Problem the file for critical hit XXXXXXXz will not work

after further testing this is what i discovered:

XXXXXXXa.wav : Battle Cry **(Works)
XXXXXXXb.wav : Becoming Leader **(Works)
XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired **(Works)
XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored **(Works)
XXXXXXXe.wav : Badly Wounded **(Works)
XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1 **(Works)
XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2 **(Works)
XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3 **(Works)
XXXXXXXi.wav : Action Acknowledgement 1 **(Works)
XXXXXXXj.wav : Action Acknowledgement 2 **(Works)
XXXXXXXk.wav : Action Acknowledgement 3 **(Works)
XXXXXXXl.wav : Being Hit **(Works)
XXXXXXXm.wav : Dying **(Works)
XXXXXXXn.wav : In Forest **(Works)
XXXXXXXo.wav : In City **(Works)
XXXXXXXp.wav : In Dungeon **(Works)
XXXXXXXq.wav : Daytime **(Works)
XXXXXXXr.wav : Nighttime **(Works)
XXXXXXXs.wav : Action Acknowledgement 4 **(Works)
XXXXXXXt.wav : Action Acknowledgement 5 **(Works)
XXXXXXXu.wav : Action Acknowledgement 6 **(Works)
XXXXXXXv.wav : Action Acknowledgement 7 **(Works)
XXXXXXXw.wav : Reaction to Party Member Death **(Works)
XXXXXXXx.wav : Rare Select 1 **(Works)

everything below x.wav will not play in the BG game for some reason

XXXXXXXy.wav : Rare Select 2 - ?
XXXXXXXz.wav : Critical Hit Given - ?
XXXXXXX1.wav : Critical Miss - ?
XXXXXXX2.wav : Target Immune - ?
XXXXXXX3.wav : Inventory Full - ?
XXXXXXX4.wav : Successfully Picked A Pocket - ?
XXXXXXX5.wav : Successfully Hid In shadows - ?
XXXXXXX6.wav : Spell Disrupted - ?
XXXXXXX7.wav : Set A Trap - ?
XXXXXXX8.wav : Battle Cry 2 - ?
XXXXXXX9.wav : Battle Cry 3 - ?
XXXXXXX0.wav : Selected 6 - ?
XXXXXXX_.wav : Action Acknowledgement 8 - ?

that went for all the custom files

Edited by Psionica