One-Day Quests

NiGHTMARE

As of yet I've never actually coded any quests, and so I was planning to do something relatively small and simple as practice. However, just now an idea struck me: if people are willing and able to implement an entire NPC in a day, why not a quest?

In fact, judging by some of the results of just four hours work in the Iron Modder contests, I'd imagine quests both intricate and intriguing could quite easily be designed and added to the game in just a day...

So, is anyone else up for the challenge?

Great idea, although I don`t know modding at all yet. :groucho: I plan to start learning it by an obscure version of One Day NPC entitled Three Day NPC: designing an NPC in just three days without any previous experience in modding. This would mean, during those three days, reading through tutorials, learning how to make items, learning WeiDU, making the portrait, writing the dialogs etc.

Umm, on topic: good idea. ???

An interesting idea...

I was trying to convince Andyr to write a 1-day romance for an NPC currently in the game...

Is that like one-night stand? :groucho: (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

An interesting idea...

I was trying to convince Andyr to write a 1-day romance for an NPC currently in the game...

Not only that: make it a romance with Keldorn, and you'll have a one-knight stand.

See? Your pun wasn't that bad... ???

An interesting idea...

Is that like one-night stand? ??? (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Not only that: make it a romance with Keldorn, and you'll have a one-knight stand.

See? Your pun wasn't that bad... :groucho:

Ahh, sweet Armor-e . . . .

An interesting idea...

Now, that would be a rip-off of Anomen's romance... (sorry could not resist as well)

But seriuously, great idea! And if anyone wantz to, I have textz already writen, so if you want to code in one day and help out BG1NPC Phase II... proshu pane...

An interesting idea...

Now, that would be a rip-off of Anomen's romance... (sorry could not resist as well)

But seriuously, great idea! And if anyone wantz to, I have textz already writen, so if you want to code in one day and help out BG1NPC Phase II... proshu pane...

For the record, coding all of Branwen's stuff for BG1NPC took me about three hours, total.

yes, but correcting, implementing and testing your interjections took me about the same time...  :groucho:

Not bad considering that I don't even own the games that I was coding for ??? .

Ya do not know what ya missing!

An interesting idea...

Actually, it was going to be an S&M relationship with Tiax.

No, really...

Should anyone be bereft of better ideas, I've been toying with adding some item quests to the FW Item Pack. I want to make the PC work for those +5 weapons and other powerful nik naks. It always bugs me when you can find such in a shop. So feel free to mine there for any inspirations.

An interesting idea...

Actually, it was going to be an S&M relationship with Tiax.

No, really...

Honestly.

Archived