You Can't Die, You Fool, You're Immortal.

MrEnnigma

Well, seriously speaking, I would try to get rid of this immortality. I wouldn't want to lose all my friends and family - it would be awful, knowing that you are going to live alone after all your loved ones have died. Humans are not supposed to be immortal, I think it would be a horrible fate.

I've found the first reaction is usually something along the lines of cool. Then I bring up your point and it's suddenly not so cool. It would take a strong willed person I think to hang onto one's sanity. Eternity is an awfully long time to be alone...

This started as a witty reply, but has sense changed

Eternity is an awfully long time.

Your loved ones have heard their last chime, but you will go on.

You could meet new people, of course, 'till they are gone.

You will obtain more knowledge than any human has ever done.

You will also have forgotten more than anyone.

The information you have gathered is immense.

Unfortunately the medium you chosen has been dispensed.

So for fun, you let slip your mental cohesion.

For no apparent rhyme or reason

You play in the trees so tall.

‘Till the suns rays burn them all.

You stand on a rock so barren.

‘O to have your sanity back again.

Day after day the sun grows nearer.

And every day you wish for the Reaper.

EDIT:

BTW this is my first attempt at any sort of writing

Once you've actually gone mad it won't matter very much will it? (If you notice, I went mad sometime around my second option) :groucho:

You'd probaly end up giving yourself increasingly difficult (impossible) goals to achive just to stay occupied.

Two that sping to mind are:

Explore the Universe

Attempt to get Humanity to Live in Peace

Well, seriously speaking, I would try to get rid of this immortality. I wouldn't want to lose all my friends and family - it would be awful, knowing that you are going to live alone after all your loved ones have died. Humans are not supposed to be immortal, I think it would be a horrible fate.

I've found the first reaction is usually something along the lines of cool. Then I bring up your point and it's suddenly not so cool. It would take a strong willed person I think to hang onto one's sanity. Eternity is an awfully long time to be alone...

No disrespect intended, but I find this an unconvincing argument. Most people outlive their parents. It hurts, we recover. Most people outlive many loved ones. It hurts, we recover. Relationships end, we recover. An Immortal might end up emotionally distant, and tend to have short term relationships or go long periods alone, but then many people live like that.

Now outliving your planet without access to interstellar travel, that's a problem. :groucho:

Once you've actually gone mad it won't matter very much will it? (If you notice, I went mad sometime around my second option)  :groucho:

You'd probaly end up giving yourself increasingly difficult (impossible) goals to achive just to stay occupied.

Two that sping to mind are:

Explore the Universe

Attempt to get Humanity to Live in Peace

Insult everyone in the entire history of the universe, in alphabetical order.

-Douglas Adams

No disrespect intended, but I find this an unconvincing argument. Most people outlive their parents. It hurts, we recover. Most people outlive many loved ones. It hurts, we recover. Relationships end, we recover. An Immortal might end up emotionally distant, and tend to have short term relationships or go long periods alone, but then many people live like that.

True. As someone who is emotionally distant, etc, etc I agree. I simply wished to point out there is sacrifice involved in such a choice/revelation. Just bringing cloud cover to an otherwise sunny day. It's what I do. mwaha.gif

Edit: Wow Sir-Kill, dark, grim, with a hopeless quality. I like it.

try and get into as many fights as possible,depose of blair and royal family proclaim myself ruler of UK :)

guess it would be cool until realeastion sets in that i would have to see anyone i would get close to age and die before my eyes. guess a good example would kinda be a elf going out with a human or half elf

its a shame bioware didnt include the fact that PC would most likely die before the female love intrest ,in the romances.

You can also,

A.) learn magic

B.) prove that mistical creatures did/do exist

C.) if B fails go to A and learn plane travel and bring mystical creatures to Earth to prove people wrong (if it still exists anyway)

I don`t know, I`d most likely enjoy it at the beginning; then yes, lose everything I currently have. And gain others. And then lose them again, at a certain point deciding to get out of this circle and probably continue living all alone. Having the.. gift of being immortal would probably allow me to.. acquire more than enough money to build myself a castle or two and try to live in solitude. Probably educating myself & reading an immense amount of books, like liches do, would be a viable option. At least the expression of 'wasting time' would be missing from my vocabulary. :)

Archived