@121100 = ~Mazzy Fenton~

Fenton -> Fentan

@121300 = ~Nalia De'Arnise~

De'Arnise -> de'Arnise

@121500 = ~Viconia De'Vir~

De'Vir -> DeVir

@125001 = ~C£Choinneach not found~

C£Choinneach -> CuChoinneach

As for "C£Choinneach" in the code, it gets reported in the WeiDU/DOS window as "CúChoinneach" (or should anyway). As for the others, I am guessing you did your research so will investigate and correct if and when I get the chance, cheers.

Most definitely not a bug, but:

you only can install changes for BG2 NPC mods like Xan, Tiax, Kivan etc if you choose "BG1 NPC" component. I think it's got a strong anti-idiot component, i.e. confuses the player(yep, including me).

It would be okay if one could just say RTFM, BUT the readme says nothing about "Hey, all NPCs originally from BG1(for example: Ajantis, Kivan, Xan) are in BG1 NPC component, don't search for them among BG2 NPCs!" - or maybe something more understandable.

Seeing how the readme mentions Refinements and lots of other uninteresting stuff for us girls who just want to make Kivan a plain ranger but skips this important fact, I must ask: please, add it to the readme in the next version, preferably in the components section right after List party-joinable NPCs component.

I must ask: please, add it to the readme in the next version, preferably in the components section right after List party-joinable NPCs component.

It will be done.

The ReadMe needs an update anyway, so look for the changes in the next mod-update.

Typos and readme omission fixed locally. Also incorporated the the bigg's kit.ids corrections.

Really? You're all telling me there's *no* other bugs in v1.9, just a few typos? I know there are a few other posts here since the last release, but the few I looked at either amounted to user error or lacked enough data (e.g. a WeiDU.log) to reproduce the alleged issues (or I'd already fixed the issues locally).

Well, there was a report(several I believe) that if you select to uninstall an NPC component, that the proceeding NPC components would give you the option to choose the weidu standard "No changes" -option in them, but it would still lead into needing to reinsert the choices.

Honestly, I don't know how to fix that. Maybe an auto insertion NPC variable -library, but it will be a horror to make ...

Yeah, it would be better just to avoid reinstalls. It's far more worth to make the mod compatible with the Enhanced Editions than a feature that most users might not find a use for.

That was my report. I believe L1NPCs installs alphabetically; so if I want to change, say, Aerie before a new playthrough, I will run setup-L1NPCs.exe (or whatever), hit No change, No change, etc. until Aerie. I will Reinstall Aerie with my new values, and then be asked about Branwen. I will press No change but the mod will act as if I had pressed Reinstall, asking me about Branwen, and every one else I modified right through Yoshimo, forcing me re-input any changes (from memory, which is hard).

It's not the end of the world, just a PITA.

@ subtledoctor

A bit late, but nonetheless:

That's how every WeiDU mod works, if you modify one mod component every other component/mod after that gets re-installed in order to not hose your game.

Yeah, but usually they reinsert the needed inserts automatically, but in L1NPC, the no change doesn't insert the previous inserts ... from what I can tell. Which is where the auto reinsertion of previous choices would come in handy.

Will have to check if this is true to all the ACTION_READLN -functions, cause I'll be needing to build my own auto insertion library for my mod as well.

L1NPCs forces you to give user input got every component that comes after the one you're reinstalling. And due to the nature of L1NPCs, reinstalling every such component from scratch requires *lots* of user input, it is very time-consuming and annoying.

Turns out ... the No Changes is the wrong answer to pick and you should pick the Reinstall... as that uses the previously set inserts to the ACTION_READLN -functions.

So 10thLich is actually right.

That's how every WeiDU mod works, if you modify one mod component every other component/mod after that gets re-installed in order to not hose your game.

Actually no, you're wrong. As Jarno says, most Weidu mods will uninstall later components, reinstall the one in question, and then reinstall the later components without need for any user input.

L1NPCs forces you to give user input got every component that comes after the one you're reinstalling. And due to the nature of L1NPCs, reinstalling every such component from scratch requires *lots* of user input, it is very time-consuming and annoying.

Archived