Icewind Dale Fixpack v2 Released

CamDawg

The Icewind Dale Fixpack is designed to fix several bugs and errors that remain in the game after the official patches have been applied. It works on with or without the expansions Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster installed. In fact, many issues quietly fixed by Heart of Winter or Trials of the Luremaster have been rolled back to every version of the game. This originally started as a component of the IWD Tweak Pack, but was broken out in to its own mod because 1) it's gotten fairly extensive on its own and 2) it should be installed right after the official patches whereas the tweaks should be last installed.

v2 Changelog

• Documentation split out and expanded in the style of BG2 Fixpack v10
  • Added several new fixes courtesy of devSin, who had his own SEKRIT, unreleased fixpack that he was kind enough to share. The majority of fixes in this version is thanks to combing through his personal fixes and applying them
  • Corrections from v1
    • The paperdoll fixes were being applied to human female fighters, breaking them (redrake)
    • Random Treasure Table leaves the undroppable, valid items to keep the original weighting of the table
    • Identified additional enemies in the Severed Hand that were healing the party
    • Rolled back some of the sahuagin priestess script fixes (specifically, the DV changes) as they were working as intended
    • Adjusted the bug with Marketh's thieves spawning on top of each other to be a little more robust and a lot more compact
    • The fix for Misery's Herald worked and provided Horror on hit, but it propagated the existing erroneous saves. This is corrected, and an additional safeguard to prevent Horror from affecting undead has been added.
    • The English Game Text Update was killing the narration in one of the chapter breaks, which is fixed.

Well, it sure is nice he posted them here so they could be included in future versions.

The good news is that most of those were addressed anyway. I'll flag the remainder for a future version.

He unfortunately seemed to have some sort of issue with G3 at the time he posted the OP, and then just kind of stayed with SHS...

Since I cannot post anything at g3 forum (keep getting 'content encoding error'), I thought, I'll post my findings here.

I get this 'content encoding error' also, it seems to occur if you try to post without logging in. I wouldn't fault him, the G3 forums should clearly redirect a poster if anonymous posting is disabled (is it?) rather than spit a connection type error.

The good news is that most of those were addressed anyway. I'll flag the remainder for a future version.

CamDawg- any chance of a hotfix or updated version to include the fixes? if not, could you enumerate which fixes have been incorporated? None of the changelog items appear to address the issues Mike has fixed, so for those of us manually updating our .tp2's, it isn't clear which problems have been addressed.

Since I cannot post anything at g3 forum (keep getting 'content encoding error'), I thought, I'll post my findings here.

5) If I let Marchon of Waterdeep out so he helps me kill tha snakes, when I finally talk to him his response jumps in a strange way to the response you give when you tell him you killed all the snakes.

Suggested fix:

dmarch.dlg state 9 response 0 GOTO 4 -> GOTO 5

ALTER_TRANS DMARCH BEGIN 9 END BEGIN 0 END

BEGIN ~EPILOGUE~ ~GOTO 5~ END

I'll add this.

...Okay, here is an image as a clarification what I meant. As you can see, the journal adding text is wrong. It is in multiple place when talking with Whitcomb. I wonder what the real journal entry should be in this situation?...

Suggested fix:

dwhitcom.dlg state 8 response 0/1 journal entry #1349 -> #34499

ALTER_TRANS DWHITCOM BEGIN 8 END BEGIN 0 1 END

BEGIN ~JOURNAL~ ~#34499~ END

This is already in v2.

Issue with IWD Tweaks:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=21876 #2:

After installing "Icon Improvments" - item Symbol Sehanine Moonbow is buggy.

It says that x5 Find Traps and Kwow Aligment. Know Aligment is absend and after use Find Traps only 1 time - it is disapperared.

Caused by wrong offset in tp2:

Fix:

all occurances that read like:

...("%abil_off%" + ... + ("%index%" * 0x30))...

need to be changed to:

...("%abil_off%" + ... + ("%index%" * 0x38))...

This was fixed.

-serrate.itm

Mismatch Damage in description (1D10+3) vs. item (1D10+0)

Suggested fix:

Set item damage bonus to match description

-halbrd01.itm

Mismatch in identified description (Spear) vs. item (Halberd)

Sugested fix:

Item is a plain halberd -> delete identified description (sref# -1)

-Any weapon (e.g. zzz6bc.itm) that should have a damage/thac0 bonus vs. creatures per its description seem to miss these abilities effects, if you look at it using NI. It may be hardcoded in IWD, but how handles 'IWD in BG2' those?

Serrated Bone Blade was fixed, halbrd01 isn't used in the game, and the other items are hardcoded.

IWD Tweaks, component 'wear multiple protection items', selection 'PnP restrictions':

Issue:

Does not work as intended (set probability to '0'), if the item has multiple AC boni

Cause:

Wrong offset in tp2

this line in macro 'pnp_protection_patch':

WRITE_BYTE ("%fx_off%" + 0x12 + ("%loops%" * 0x38)) 0 // probability

needs to bechanged to:

WRITE_BYTE ("%fx_off%" + 0x12 + ("%loops%" * 0x30)) 0 // probability

The whole PnP component needs to be redone anyway--we need to add charges to the items so they don't sell for 1gp, an old issue from BG2 Tweaks. I thought I had already done this for IWD Tweaks, but grogerson reminded me that it's still there.

E.g. (from readme) - Arrows of the hand were no different than the Arrows +2. I've changed this, so now Arrows of the hand offer +4 damage vs orcs

- Hellpick, according to its description was used to kill drow wizards. It seems logical to me that the weapon should have bonus against mages. Therefore, +5 damage vs mages.

Can you check this mod and it's damage/thac0 bonus vs. creatures?

http://forums.chosen...sa=view;down=22

This is not a fix.

4) When Larrel is talking to the squirrel he uses an exclamation mark when he should be using a q-mark. (So do the elemental princes in ToB when it comes to that.)

This was fixed.

http://forums.gibber...pic=21877&st=15 #21

I found the Eldathyn healer women and the orc priests in the severed hand try to heal me in combat. They shouldn't be doing that, though it is helpful.

This happened in my game as well. For the orc shaman in the Severed hand the script 'shorcsh1.bcs' should be the one in question, though I don't find anything wrong with it.

This was fixed; there were about 10 scripts with the issue. shorcsh1.bcs was fixed in v1 and the rest in v2.

//one of the shadowed goblin warriors (actor4) doesn't do anything, because he's lacking the required scripts

(code snipped)

This needs to be added.

From Redrake's Fixpack:

- Removed the second Axe of Caged Souls from Dorn's Deep. It was now replaced with Benorg's Truth....

This needs to be added.

In Dorn's Deep, first level, the monument showing an elf and a dwarf is supposed to reveal an information, when clicked on it, but it's not due to missing vertices/bounding box around it.

This also needs to be added.

IWD Fixpack issue:

Malvalon's robe (watcher.itm) does not provide immunity against 'Umber Hulk Gaze', if iwd fixpack is installed.

Suggested Fix:

Replace in setup-iwdfixpack.tp2 (search for "clone"):

READ_ASCII ("%fx_off%" + ("%index%" * 0x30)) "clone"

by:

READ_ASCII ("%fx_off%" + ("%index%" * 0x30)) "clone" (0x30)

While the above should solve the issue with the fixpack, I wonder, if it's really neccessary to change watcher.itm at all.

The original IWD file had the 10% magic resistance bonus missing, but this has been addressed by patch 1.06.

Fixpack doesn't try to add this bonus, if not already applied.

Fixpack just tries to reorder the global effects so that 'protection from spell(206)' is been put at the end of the list.

Does the order of global effects in file really matter?

The changes here had already been dropped in v2, so this is working.

I get this 'content encoding error' also, it seems to occur if you try to post without logging in. I wouldn't fault him, the G3 forums should clearly redirect a poster if anonymous posting is disabled (is it?) rather than spit a connection type error.

The only place we don't allow anonymous posting is the general mod discussion, and that's only as an anti-spam measure. For some reason the anon bots only target that forum.

CamDawg- any chance of a hotfix or updated version to include the fixes? if not, could you enumerate which fixes have been incorporated? None of the changelog items appear to address the issues Mike has fixed, so for those of us manually updating our .tp2's, it isn't clear which problems have been addressed.

I'll toss out a v3, unless there's a bug thread on BWL too. :)

Archived