DSotSC v3.0 beta bugs

Roxanne

thanks.

What to do with Jules though is still a problem. Currently the Jules creature and CúChoinneach will only appear if you have accepted the Gillian quest to rescue the baby and have the mace. I did exactly as you suggested spawning CúChoinneach only if the party has the mace. Originally the Jules quest in Nashkel was used to guide you to where CúChoinneach was. Something I have tried to preserve by placing her outside of the temple to meet you once the mace is blessed. However I do like the idea though of breaking the linear aspect of the mod up a bit but it would leave the Jules quest as a seperate quest with no ties to CúChoinneach.

I'm not proposing removing Jules from her role to guide us into Cucho location. What I'm against is tying mace quest with it because it would force the player to travel into Beregost without any good reason. Gillian quest starts in Nashkeel. Jules spawns after we speak with Gillian, so she will be found by player who is looking for clues in Nashkeel. Additional requirements related to mace quest and Beregost seems redundant to me.

In the original version of the game Castle Daerthmac (where the baby is) which was actually called a Citidel was not supposed to appear until you had the mace blessed. This was in the original walkthrough.

'You remember that after you returned the religious relic to the priest of Morningwhatever, he said if you ever need anything, you can find him at the temple, located just east of the Friendly Arm Inn. Yo'u go there, have him bless the mace, and now you can find the access to the Citadel (the access will not appear until the mace is blessed). You find the access on the east (or was it north) boundary of the map that you fought the dragon.'

The mace was designed for that quest.

The same walkthrough says:

The quests must be completed in this order, save the Dark One, which can be done anytime, except as the last quest. The missing nephew quest reset all of my new Dark Side areas (i.e. removed them) when I completed it. I don't know if this was specific to my game, or was supposed to happen. So play safe, and assume it will happen to you.

Fortunately it's no longer the case :p

Even if first version of DSotSC forced the mace quest on us I'm still not convinced if this is a good idea. Maybe if that guy who tells you about Mayor's baby right after you exit the Dragon's Lair wouldn't spawn than going into Beregost could be justified. But once the good party finds out about the Major's family tragedy Nashkeel becomes the only logical location to travel to. After talking to Gillian how exactly player is supposed to know that in order to progress the story he should do other quest in Beregost? Making the quest optional still allows you to do it before going to Citadel, so the only change here is less confusion and linearity. Unless more people will suggest changing it I think it's better to keep it the way it has been implemented in BGT version (just with changed last journal entry when the mace is blessed).

thanks.

What to do with Jules though is still a problem. Currently the Jules creature and CúChoinneach will only appear if you have accepted the Gillian quest to rescue the baby and have the mace. I did exactly as you suggested spawning CúChoinneach only if the party has the mace. Originally the Jules quest in Nashkel was used to guide you to where CúChoinneach was. Something I have tried to preserve by placing her outside of the temple to meet you once the mace is blessed. However I do like the idea though of breaking the linear aspect of the mod up a bit but it would leave the Jules quest as a seperate quest with no ties to CúChoinneach.

I'm not proposing removing Jules from her role to guide us into Cucho location. What I'm against is tying mace quest with it because it would force the player to travel into Beregost without any good reason. Gillian quest starts in Nashkeel. Jules spawns after we speak with Gillian, so she will be found by player who is looking for clues in Nashkeel. Additional requirements related to mace quest and Beregost seems redundant to me.

In the original version of the game Castle Daerthmac (where the baby is) which was actually called a Citidel was not supposed to appear until you had the mace blessed. This was in the original walkthrough.

'You remember that after you returned the religious relic to the priest of Morningwhatever, he said if you ever need anything, you can find him at the temple, located just east of the Friendly Arm Inn. Yo'u go there, have him bless the mace, and now you can find the access to the Citadel (the access will not appear until the mace is blessed). You find the access on the east (or was it north) boundary of the map that you fought the dragon.'

The mace was designed for that quest.

The same walkthrough says:

The quests must be completed in this order, save the Dark One, which can be done anytime, except as the last quest. The missing nephew quest reset all of my new Dark Side areas (i.e. removed them) when I completed it. I don't know if this was specific to my game, or was supposed to happen. So play safe, and assume it will happen to you.

Fortunately it's no longer the case :p

Even if first version of DSotSC forced the mace quest on us I'm still not convinced if this is a good idea. Maybe if that guy who tells you about Mayor's baby right after you exit the Dragon's Lair wouldn't spawn than going into Beregost could be justified. But once the good party finds out about the Major's family tragedy Nashkeel becomes the only logical location to travel to. After talking to Gillian how exactly player is supposed to know that in order to progress the story he should do other quest in Beregost? Making the quest optional still allows you to do it before going to Citadel, so the only change here is less linearity. Unless more people will suggest changing it I think it's better to keep it the way it has been implemented in BGT version (just with changed last journal entry when the mace is blessed).

I agree to that view. As a player of the mod I gave my view on the quests here

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27791&page=2&do=findComment&comment=241797

There are four main quests, the other stuff is some glue to give the player a hint or reminder which areas to go to, but they should be considered as optional (the messengers, delivery of a letter, Jules necklace, the mace).

Note : I don't know where to post this. Tell me if it's not the right place.

Remember : in BG4600 (North of gnoll's Stronghold), Laurel ask you to help her to kill Gibberlings.

Main bug : She doesn't recognize that I have killed them.
2nd bug : the Gibberlings (created by her dialog) are created FAR to the south of where Laurel is... but who cares ?

About the main bug :
I've killed ALL Gibberlings on the map, and still CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Gibberdead","BG4600") tell me "Gibberdead BG4600 doesn't exist"
So, I cannot pass the trigger Global("Gibberdead","BG4600",12) in LAUREL.DLG that check that I kill them.

BTW, since I use SCS, there are tons of them to kill ;)

My first idea was that the trigger should something like GlobalGT("Gibberdead","BG4600",12)...
But I saw that LAUREL DLG create 12 of them... so I have guessed taht only those 12 should be counted in Gibberdead...
That's where i've looked for the script that increment Gibberdead : GIBBLAUR.BCS
I saw that GIBBER.CRE has not this script...

just before killing myself (desperation), I checked BG1EE (before installing EET) : there miss 12 ActionOverride("gibber",ChangeAIScript("GIBBLAUR",OVERRIDE) in LAUREL.DLG when creating the Gibberlings.

OK so, now... I know why this doesn't work.
Now I want to check what mod change this... As usual with BGT : WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log LAUREL.DLG
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23801
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consider downgrading.
Mods affecting LAUREL.DLG:
00000: ~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC): v3.0
00001: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 7900 // Improved minor encounters: v30

And now, something VERY funny : this creates a file LAUREL.00002.DLG that already has the bug :)
I don't know how to continue :(... well.. one last thing to check :
The LAUREL.DLG BackUp in DSotSC Directory has ActionOverride
The LAUREL.DLG BackUp in stratagems_external Directory has NOT ActionOverride

Can I conclude the problem is caused by DSotSC ?

BTW : I don't care this quest, it's just that I hope to help in fixing this bug :)

Impossible to kill Jet'Laya's sister (DSotSC).
(I know I play with SCS, so it's expected that she can kill 1-4 characters before taking her down.)

The problem is that :
When she is down, she disapears (Ethereal in the dialog) (sometimes, attack once more before disapearing again...) and then... never appears again :(
Of course, casting Detect Invisibility dont remove her invisibility...

If remember well (SO LONG i've not played DSotSC), in "BGT" DSotSC, she were supposed to be in the cave just next... but she is not...

She was there this time :)

BTW, tell me if it is not the right place to post problems encountered in DSotSC

she is disabled at certain hours via script and shows up again the next day. It's normal.

She appears between the hills west of the cave at night hours. Haste is a good spell for your party when fighting her, also some summons she can kill with her banshee wail instead of your party members.

In Daerthmac Castle, most of Vampires (sometimes during fight, sometimes as soon as discovered) transforms into bats and the disappear.

I reported this as well, it is the vanilla EE script for vampires which is crap.

I gave them this script for a bit more fun (in order to use it, change the extension bmp to bcs - this site does not allow me to upload bcs files)

Archived