Crossmod killed Chloe

ericp07

Hello,

In the process of testing mods, to see if I can make all the ones I want to use work together in one game, I've noticed that installing some mods results in Chloe (a joinable NPC mod from Spellhold Studios) being struck dead when brought, as part of the party, out of the Air plane and into Irenicus' dungeon. The same thing happened after installing Kelsey (from PPG); something about these other mods must be altering something about Chloe, most likely her unique scimitar. Some text appears that says something about only a chosen of Akadia can wield the scimitar, and that "you have committed sacriledge [sic]." I've reported about this issue before.

Running Install-mod.sh from a Terminal session (this is the way WeiDU mods install under Mac OS X), I chose to reinstall Chloe, but that didn't solve the problem. I found that uninstalling Chloe, then installing the mod as though for the first time, solved the problem after it happened with the Kelsey mod installed. Now, in a new test game after installing Crossmod Banter Pack, the Chloe death scene happened again. It's not supposed to happen that way, as normally she remains with the party unless dismissed. So, I've uninstalled and then installed her mod again, and will conduct a new test game to see if this solves the issue.

Strange that an NPC mod should need to be added after Crossmod, but that appears to be the only way to maintain Chloe's integrity, so to speak. I'll return with results fairly soon.

Happy gaming,

Eric

Eric, I've been watching your trials and hardships over at SHS, and that poor kensai has taken a heck of a beating. Every mod you have installed after Chloe, without exception, has killed Chloe. Maybe it isn't the other mods.

I fear the implications of your statement. It appears to me that Chloe hasn't been maintained/updated for quite some time...maybe she's been abandoned? In any case, I don't want to lose this mod, even if it falls to me to dig into the guts and find a way to "fix" it, so it will work with the other mods.

From where I sit now, it may be necessary for me to uninstall and then install Chloe again after the rest of the mods I have left to test (SP Collection, tbtweaks, BG2 Tweaks, and Refinements, in that order). I'll carry on with testing one at a time.

The good news is that this is the only problem I've encountered with any of the mods :p

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

In the words of a great man "The man just wants to play the game." It is true that Chloe doesn't get the maintenance that some other mods do, but that shouldn't be your problem. Next time you're at SHS, check your PMs (I can't attach files here).

B

Eric,

In the words of a great man "The man just wants to play the game." It is true that Chloe doesn't get the maintenance that some other mods do, but that shouldn't be your problem. Next time you're at SHS, check your PMs (I can't attach files here).

B

You are my hero :p BTW, are you familiar at all with Summit, NJ? That's where my mom was born. Just curious.

- E

Archived