SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Faerie Fire seems weak, even for a 1st-level spells. I really can't see any circumstance in which I wouldn't give up a FF slot in exchange for another casting of Sunscorch.

Maybe make it a bit more of a niche spell: in addition to the combat penalties for the target, impose a ~+2 casting speed penalty. So it would be a mild anti-caster spell.

Maybe also have it dispel invisibility, like a single-target Glitterdust. This way a caster with See Invisible or True Seeing can have a way to make the target visible to his fighter buddies as well.

I noticed upon installation the quasit had the newer abilities and stats but his description in pack is strange : Tiax knows he will rule all in the end" in the top box.

Some kind of mod overlap perhaps or has this been a problem with anyone else? BGEEV2.3 + SoD

I dunno if it's like that in the new version, but when I played (a couple of months ago) having SR with SoD fucked up a lot of descriptions.

Ah, maybe that's it. The summoned shadows are named "Why have you come here"

SoD has done that with several things then. I have noticed some other mods have that happen inside the bg content with SoD.

It does not seem to hamper it much but sure is distracting.

I cant get v15 to install in order to compare.

Maybe SR is not ready for BGEE+SoD quite yet.

It's not SR - SoD from GOG or Steam will mess up all mod text strings unless you use Modmerge before installing mods.

I actually knew about that, good point, but its strange, cause mine are straight from Beamdog.

Faerie Fire seems weak, even for a 1st-level spells. I really can't see any circumstance in which I wouldn't give up a FF slot in exchange for another casting of Sunscorch.

Maybe make it a bit more of a niche spell: in addition to the combat penalties for the target, impose a ~+2 casting speed penalty. So it would be a mild anti-caster spell.

Maybe also have it dispel invisibility, like a single-target Glitterdust. This way a caster with See Invisible or True Seeing can have a way to make the target visible to his fighter buddies as well.

I like FF quite a bit in the last Revision of Beta4, it removes the untargettable effect of spirit trolls and such allowing mages to target them with single target spells, this almost seems too strong considering its level 1.

I am playing revised scs with latest versions of spell revisions as solo sorcerer. I am level 18, i tried my first lich fight at Temple Ruins, which i think is overtuned. Lich gated 3 demons and wished for timestop with improved alacrity and also posses 2 greater basilisks. Demons and lich then spam remove magic vs and strip all my protections. I couldnt react to that with casting spell shield or dispelling screen because of spam. I dont know much about liches but do they have 18 wisdom for wish? And i think demon gating should be restricted to 1 like celestials because even my char can summon 4 death knights who can kill most things in soa easily.

Edited by Hicuty

I dont know much about liches but do they have 18 wisdom for wish?

Some do, the others have 16. Kaxx for example only has 16, but there are several that have 18. And then there's the one that has 9 in all the stats, no spells etc fun.

Hi,

Will there SR updates?

I found that the Mind Blank is not dissipate by abilities: Pierce Magic, Khelben's Warding Whirp and Ruby Ray of Reversal. Their description presupposes this.

Does SCS ver give Ghostform or Moment of Priescience to enemies? What to do with the these spells? They do not removed by Breach or similar. Can be they can be removed with the help of True Seeing?

I'm having a strange bug where I have two different Dispel Magic in my 3rd level spell selection screen, and my 4th level spell selection screen has both Monster Summoning 2 (SR's version, which is present in the 2nd level spells screen as well) and Monster Summoning IV.

Is there a fix?

I'm having a strange bug where I have two different Dispel Magic in my 3rd level spell selection screen, and my 4th level spell selection screen has both Monster Summoning 2 (SR's version, which is present in the 2nd level spells screen as well) and Monster Summoning IV.

Is there a fix?

Have you installed the component 'Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens'? If you haven't, you can expect to see some leftover spells but they should be disabled (greyed out). What you're describing sounds a little different.