Version 2 of Tweaks Anthology Now Available

CamDawg

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks that will run on every Infinity Engine game, from the original Planescape:Torment, through the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series, and the new Enhanced Editions of the games. The successor to BG2 Tweaks and several other tweak packs, some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 2 adds seven new components and a couple of new options for existing components as well as some fixes, most notable being better PSTEE detection.

Version 2 changelog:

• Added several new components: Separate Resist Fire/Cold Portrait Icon into Separate Icons, Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time, Level-Locked Spell Scrolls, Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields, Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce, Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots, and Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party
  • Tweaks Anthology will no longer install on games that require Modmerge and instead point users to Modmerge and how to install it
  • The mod will better detect PsTEE games and offer components appropriately. This better detection also addresses some other bugs, such as the Rest Anywhere component not working on PsTEE.
  • The Exotic Item Pack was rewritten to address some minor bugs and streamline the code; the Katana +2 had its effect percentages corrected
  • Wear Multiple Protection Items has a new option, Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item
  • Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids is now Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids, as you now have options to loosen or tighten these restrictions.
  • Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items was streamlined a bit, mainly to make the new Cromwell component easier to write
  • All Alter Weapon Proficiency System options save Rebalanced Profiencies could potentially rob joinable NPCs of overall pips since various proficiencies could get combined. These "duplicate proficiency" points are now re-assigned so that joinable NPCs retain their correct total of weapon pips.
  • Maximum HP Creatures was not properly accounting for dual-class characters, potentially shorting their maximum HPs

Le sigh, already our first bug. Installing any of the components that alter rest spawns will also enable you to rest anywhere.

And note to self--extend bottomless bags to PSTEE, per argent's suggestion.

Le sigh, already our first bug. Installing any of the components that alter rest spawns will also enable you to rest anywhere.

Don't be too harsh on yourself. If anything, the fault lies with me that i didn't report it earlier. If only my brain worked :p, i could have reported it weeks ago. I rested 100 times in places that i couldn't before and it only occurred to me that something is fishy when i accidentally clicked rest in the slaver stockade.

Hi Pete,

note that in my late IWDEE (French version) install with cdtweaks_v2, I’d had the impossibility to install too Increase Ammo Stock Size, and :

Increase Gem & Jewelry Stacking / Increase Scroll Stacking are installed BUT with warnings…

here the WeiDU Log :

Aw, thanks for including so many of my suggestions. ^^

During my tests of my own version of the level-locked spell scrolls, I discovered that the original BG1/TotSC and IWD1/HoW/TotLM engines do not check the minimum level field of items. So while the component is installable on these engines, it won't have any effect.

Also, scribing new spells in the spellbook does not check the level field either. But since the spell won't be castable until the caster levels up anyway, I suppose this does not matter much.

Finally, my original mod actually allowed casters to use scrolls of one level beyond what they can normally cast. So a 7th level priest (4th level spells) would be able to use a scroll of Cure Critical Wounds (5th level spell). Otherwise they would have to wait till they are 9th level which is beyond the TotSC level cap, so those scrolls of Cure Critical Wounds added to some temples in BG1 by BG1UB would be useless.

Hi Pete,

note that in my late IWDEE (French version) install with cdtweaks_v2, I’d had the impossibility to install too Increase Ammo Stock Size, and :

Increase Gem & Jewelry Stacking / Increase Scroll Stacking are installed BUT with warnings…

here the WeiDU Log :

Yeah, the fix for the increased ammo size is already posted to Github and will be in v3.

The issue with Increase Gem & Jewelry stacking (and scroll stacking, too) is that it goes through all scripts and dialogues and adjusts a few actions here and there so that entire item stacks don't get eaten. During the search, any time it hits a dialogue with a bad action/trigger it will spit out a warning--in this case, it's complaining (correctly) that dcallian.dlg uses an action not listed in action.ids--but these are unrelated to the tweak itself.

Aw, thanks for including so many of my suggestions. ^^

During my tests of my own version of the level-locked spell scrolls, I discovered that the original BG1/TotSC and IWD1/HoW/TotLM engines do not check the minimum level field of items. So while the component is installable on these engines, it won't have any effect.

Also, scribing new spells in the spellbook does not check the level field either. But since the spell won't be castable until the caster levels up anyway, I suppose this does not matter much.

Finally, my original mod actually allowed casters to use scrolls of one level beyond what they can normally cast. So a 7th level priest (4th level spells) would be able to use a scroll of Cure Critical Wounds (5th level spell). Otherwise they would have to wait till they are 9th level which is beyond the TotSC level cap, so those scrolls of Cure Critical Wounds added to some temples in BG1 by BG1UB would be useless.

Cheers. I actually excluded divine spell scrolls, mainly because there are so few of them I didn't think they'd be worth the effort, but there's no reason not to include them as well.

Two typos in cdtweaks/lib/g3_cpmvars_master.tpa prevent installing multiple components on vanilla BG1 and Trilogy. Here's the diff:

diff --git a/cdtweaks/lib/g3_cpmvars_master.tpa b/cdtweaks/lib/g3_cpmvars_master.tpa
index ae9b0b8..12df894 100644
--- a/cdtweaks/lib/g3_cpmvars_master.tpa
+++ b/cdtweaks/lib/g3_cpmvars_master.tpa
@@ -18,11 +18,11 @@ END ELSE BEGIN

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ THEN BEGIN

-        INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/g3_bgt_cpmvars.tph~ // bgt
+        INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa~ // bgt

END ELSE BEGIN

-        INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/g3_bg_cpmvars.tph~ // vanilla bg
+        INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/g3_bg_cpmvars.tpa~ // vanilla bg

END

@@ -64,4 +64,4 @@ BEGIN

END

Botched translation string references prevent installing Exotic Item Pack. Again, a diff:

diff --git a/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2 b/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2
index bfe8b75..f8ea1cc 100644
--- a/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2
+++ b/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2
@@ -2412,47 +2412,47 @@ COPY ~cdtweaks/bam/cdiammo.bam~  ~override~

// add and name items
 COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdplquiv.itm~ ~override~ // quiver of plenty +0
-  SAY 0x08 @190001
-  SAY 0x0c @190001
-  SAY 0x50 @190002
-  SAY 0x54 @190002
+  SAY 0x08 @109001
+  SAY 0x0c @109001
+  SAY 0x50 @109002
+  SAY 0x54 @109002

COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdplcase.itm~ ~override~ // case of plenty +0
-  SAY 0x08 @190003
-  SAY 0x0c @190003
-  SAY 0x50 @190004
-  SAY 0x54 @190004
+  SAY 0x08 @109003
+  SAY 0x0c @109003
+  SAY 0x50 @109004
+  SAY 0x54 @109004

COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdplbag.itm~ ~override~ // bag of plenty +0
-  SAY 0x08 @190005
-  SAY 0x0c @190005
-  SAY 0x50 @190006
-  SAY 0x54 @190006
+  SAY 0x08 @109005
+  SAY 0x0c @109005
+  SAY 0x50 @109006
+  SAY 0x54 @109006

COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdioun1.itm~ ~override~  // Deep Purple Ioun Stone
-  SAY 0x0c @190007
-  SAY 0x54 @190008
+  SAY 0x0c @109007
+  SAY 0x54 @109008
   WRITE_LONG 0x08 generic_ioun_name
   WRITE_LONG 0x50 generic_ioun_desc

COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdioun2.itm~ ~override~ // Flickering White Ioun Stone
-  SAY 0x0c @190009
-  SAY 0x54 @190010
+  SAY 0x0c @109009
+  SAY 0x54 @109010
   WRITE_LONG 0x08 generic_ioun_name
   WRITE_LONG 0x50 generic_ioun_desc

COPY ~cdtweaks/itm/cdkat2.itm~ ~override~ // Katana +2
-  SAY 0x0c @190013
-  SAY 0x54 @190014
+  SAY 0x0c @109013
+  SAY 0x54 @109014
   WRITE_LONG 0x08 generic_kat_name
   WRITE_LONG 0x50 generic_kat_desc
-  SAY 0x19e @190015 // wisdom modification
-  SAY 0x1fe @190021 // strength modification
-  SAY 0x25e @190020 // intelligence modification
-  SAY 0x2be @190019 // hit point modification
-  SAY 0x31e @190017 // dexterity modification
-  SAY 0x37e @190016 // constitution modification
-  SAY 0x3de @190018 // charisma modification
+  SAY 0x19e @109015 // wisdom modification
+  SAY 0x1fe @109021 // strength modification
+  SAY 0x25e @109020 // intelligence modification
+  SAY 0x2be @109019 // hit point modification
+  SAY 0x31e @109017 // dexterity modification
+  SAY 0x37e @109016 // constitution modification
+  SAY 0x3de @109018 // charisma modification

LAF cd_extend_bg_area_script STR_VAR area = EVAL "%CloakwoodMines_L4%"           script = ~cdtweaks/baf/_ar1803~ END  // adds Contagion scroll to Davaeorn's loot
 LAF cd_extend_bg_area_script STR_VAR area = EVAL "%Lighthouse_BlackAlaricsCave%" script = ~cdtweaks/baf/_ar3601~ END  // adds Ninja-To +0 to Sirine cave loot
@@ -12880,4 +12880,4 @@ COPY_EXISTING ~ar0602.bcs~ ~override~ // irenicus's dungeon
   DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
     REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Global("BD_DEFAI","MYAREA",0)~ ~ False()~ // nuke block that assigns 'advanced ai' to player1
   END
-  BUT_ONLY IF_EXISTS
\ No newline at end of file
+  BUT_ONLY IF_EXISTS

Tighten fighter/druid restrictions is way too tight now, and among other issues now locks Jaheira out of her Harper Pin. You might want to adapt my more selective code, here:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven/blob/development/mih/components/druid_item_restrictions.tpa

And the exception list, here:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven/blob/development/mih/config/druid_item_exceptions.txt

Archived