Weidu macro libraries

Gort

I have a bunch of macro, written for myself, maybe they might be useful for others. Actually, I'm quite surprised why isn't there a community resourse that would hold a variety of them yet. Macro names are intuitive, required and optional variables are listed in relevant .txt files. Obviously, I don't guarantee anything, anyone can use them in any way and form. Basically, all that needed to use them is to put a line in .tp2, like "INCLUDE ~mymod/lib/g_itm.lib~", and they will be available. They work, but they ARE NOT heavily tested, particularly g_eff.lib (unlikely I will heavily test them myself ever), so use them on your own risk. Tell me if you find a bug, please. Hopefully they will save some time to somebody, at least.

edit: the link contains the updates ones, with readme formatting like in weidu readme

archive with libs(9 kb)

There are 3 libs, see more detailed descriptions in .txt files in the archive:

g_itm.lib - item management. Macro:

DELETE_CRE_ITEM

DELETE_STORE_ITEM

DELETE_AREA_ITEM

REPLACE_CRE_ITEM

REPLACE_STORE_ITEM

REPLACE_AREA_ITEM

ADD_AREA_ITEM

ADD_CRE_ITEM_FLAGS

REMOVE_CRE_ITEM_FLAGS

g_eff.lib - effect management

DEL_SPL_EFF

DEL_ITM_EFF

DEL_ITM_EQEFF

DEL_CRE_EFF

DEL_SPL_EFF_ALL

DEL_ITM_EFF_ALL

ITEM_EFF_TO_SPL

ADD_SPL_EFF

ADD_ITM_EFF

ADD_ITM_EQEFF

ADD_CRE_EFF

g_cre.lib - only 2 macro so far

READ_SOUNDSET

WRITE_SOUNDSET

I'll take a look re: soundsets and compare with Macready's soundset utilities code - with your permission, Gort, I will include these in the Common Code repository on the dev wikki (currently the place for such stuff).

Or, I can rebuild Nythrun's Code Bank and your stuff, plus some of the common code that operates as macros, and CamDawg can make it an easier link to follow in the "tools and utilities" section.

Either way, I will check back here in about 6 hours, and if this is ok, build it this afternoon.

ADD_AREA_ITEM

Consider it stolen. Thanks :)

Actually, I'm quite surprised why isn't there a community resourse that would hold a variety of them yet.

I thought there was somewhere on the wiki to store them? There are probably quite a few macros around in various mods if you want to start collecting them.

The common code page is up, but I am scavenging stuff for the bigg et al (and the rest of us, if we are learning stuff or it is not widespread enough of usefulness to make it into WeiDU) right here, on the Wikki

(By the way, this is an open community resource, so if folks have stuff, throw it up there, or edit to make more conservative/useful as you see fit.)

READ_SOUNDSET

WRITE_SOUNDSET

Mmm!

Actually, I didn't expect somebody besides me need these=)

I'll take a look re: soundsets and compare with Macready's soundset utilities code - with your permission, Gort, I will include these in the Common Code repository on the dev wikki (currently the place for such stuff).

Or, I can rebuild Nythrun's Code Bank and your stuff, plus some of the common code that operates as macros, and CamDawg can make it an easier link to follow in the "tools and utilities" section.

Either way, I will check back here in about 6 hours, and if this is ok, build it this afternoon.

do as you like.

If you're OK with this, I can include them in WeiDU by default (shipping files and/or INCLUDEing them isn't needed, just LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO is required).

It would be the best, I think. Though I'd prefer someone to check them before including in WeiDU=). I can tweak some of them so that they will be more like other weidu functions in syntax.

Overall, as I have said, no permission is required to use them in absolutely any way. Or "permission is granted", if you like it more=)

It would be the best, I think. Though I'd prefer someone to check them before including in WeiDU=). I can tweak some of them so that they will be more like other weidu functions in syntax.

No, I'll be lazy and include them as macroes. If you wish, just prepare a listing of input and output parameters for every macro, like in this section of the WeiDU readme. NB: Since the readme is written in Latex and then translated to HTML, don't bother to HTMLitize your text, plaintext is OK (or, if you know Latex, send a diff for {WeiDU-Src-*.zip}/WeiDU/doc/base.txt).

how does one edit wiki at all? It says I need to login first, but I can't login with forum account, and there's no form to create a new one.

Try to change your forum password to use only letters and numbers. That should do the trick.

No, I'll be lazy and include them as macroes. If you wish, just prepare a listing of input and output parameters for every macro, like in this section of the WeiDU readme. NB: Since the readme is written in Latex and then translated to HTML, don't bother to HTMLitize your text, plaintext is OK (or, if you know Latex, send a diff for {WeiDU-Src-*.zip}/WeiDU/doc/base.txt).

ok.

Try to change your forum password to use only letters and numbers. That should do the trick.

It says "There is no user by the name "Gort". I guess only a super-secret group of "big modders" have access to it=)

It says "There is no user by the name "Gort". I guess only a super-secret group of "big modders" have access to it=)
I've never been able to access the wiki, despite several tries and supposed investigation by admins (eventually I just gave up).

Toss a note to CamDawg - I had big problems until I stopped trying to put a period in my password - I had to change *both* my regular password and then set the wikki one to it. Or, try a new name other than Gort, like GortBG, with a single word PW and see if that works!

Archived