PotC: At World's End **Spoilers!**

Evaine Dian

I saw it not long ago. It was ok. :) There were too many WTF moments. I lost track on who was betraying who. Not enough good humor. Calypso would have been good if she was fleshed out more. Davy Jones seems to have taken a back seat in this movie. Made a few appearances than killed off.

Yeah, I remember, after the movie, I was like "Well, it was obvious she'd be with the good boy in the end." And the guys were: "Excuse me? A good boy? You don't remember how he was betraying everyone left, right and centre?" And I was: "Um... yeah. Right." :)

It does. "Up is Down"(when they rock the boat) is my favourite.

I haven't gotten my hands on the PotC: AWE soundtrack just yet (but it shouldn't be long), but I remember that, as I watched the movie, I found myself thinking that it resembled the soundtrack for number 2 which I absolutely adored. And if I'm not mistaken, Hans Zimmer worked on both, whereas it was Klaus Badelt (who did a good job) who did the soundtrack to the Black Pearl.

So, what am I trying to say? I agree with Kulyok! :(

I enjoyed the movie a lot, but feel that it would have been even better if it would have been made into two movies.

I guess Lizzie got to eat the cake and keep it too... :(

From the whole trilogy, the third part is simply the best. The soundtrack, the cast, the whole idea of how to close all plots...a masterpiece :(

I was just amazed how everything fitted to the story, from Beckett's scheming to that wooden eye that suddely becomes something SO important!

Besides, there is a lot of things one can read between the lines, it's not just a comedy with a grand adventure and a sweet love-story. I admit I didn't expect to see a film so...deep (can't find the right word, but you know what I mean...I hope ;)) from Disney studios. Sure, their animated movies are wonderful and have an epic touch to it but...they are just cartoons. It is the first Disney non-animated film I watched and I got to admit that the way they pictured Davy Jones' Locker (the whole World's End so to speak) and human feelings and ambitions is simply breathtaking.

But perhaps it is just me looking from a difrent perspective on something that was ment to be what it is - a good film that most of us will remember for a long time :)

Actually, I think it was my main gripe with the film: that they tried to make it deep, and they failed. I had a sort of grim satisfaction when I saw that after a large "It sucks, man, it sucks!" outcry in the first weekend the cash flow started to go down.

Actually, I think it was my main gripe with the film: that they tried to make it deep, and they failed. I had a sort of grim satisfaction when I saw that after a large "It sucks, man, it sucks!" outcry in the first weekend the cash flow started to go down.

I had the feeling when I saw the first two films. The first whas epic, sure, it was funny...but that's it. Second part was more to my tastes, it concentraded more on the characters, revealing their background and giving them more depth.

Now, the third part is everything Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest had in them and much, much more. It's maybe the fact I have a weaknes to fine-written plots that have a good (and by that I mean logic or simply breathtaking and you go like: "aaawww") ending.

But it's just my point of view of course :(

But one thing I can say for sure: the soundtrack rocks.

It sure does! It was not even 24 hours after I saw the movie that I owned the soundtrack!

Also spoiler question...

For those of you who saw the scene after the credits. I have heard that Will only gets one day on land every 10 years and that is it. But another source said that because Elizabeth stayed true to him, that his curse was ended and he could stay forever. Their resoning is you can see a greem flash reflecting on her face meaning a soul has come back from the dead and that soul is Will. WHat is your opinion? Is Will back for good, or does he have to leave her for another 10 years?

I think it is only one day every 10 years.

i thought it was better than the second, but not the first. i really loved the...

*spoilers*

...skitsophrenic (sp?) scene with jack in the locker. It was hilarious, and also wonderfully surreal. i also thought this was definitely the most... visually stimulating of the three. like when they were sailing past icebergs, and through the sea of stars. i also loved the "up is down" scene, and... just the whole damn movie, okay!

if there were a few things that could have been changed, i thought it would have been nice to see more of davy jones and (is he an admiral now?) norrington. also, there could have been more of those beautiful, sweeping shots of the caribbean, like in the first two. i thought those really captured the heart of the movies.

okay, i'm done venting now.

oh, and i also liked the shipwreck cove bit!

I think it is only one day every 10 years.

I think so, too.

(It wasn't after the credits in my case, it was immediately after Jack sailed away in that puny boat).

My most favourite ending is in part 1, though. It even looked good in translation, which is remarkable in itself.

Archived