Bugs for V1

Domi

Hehe okay - I wasn't sure about that one anyway since I think I've seen it spelled both ways before, as well. I don't prefer one spelling over the other, but I thought I'd mention it in the interest of being consistent. :)

Heh, maybe I should look into doing serious proofreading in the future... :)

Apologies for the double-post, but here is the last round of typos that I came across before finishing the game yesterday (forgot to post them at the time, doh):

Valeero talks about her dad

PC - "It sounds like yout whole world collapsed around you."

Jaemal - Love & Nightmares

Mal - (The last of silk slides down from you waist to the marble floor.) - This was one sentence of a somewhat-lengthy paragraph, so hope it's okay that I didn't post the whole thing. It might also sound better as, "The last of the silk...", but I'm not positive on that.

Riz & Salomeya - Lloth's Favorite

Rizdaer - "The sort that leaves dinners dead." - Guess this was meant to be "diners", instead.

Valeero Accepts the Proposal

PC - "Yes, the strangest that happened since I packed up my thickest socks and headed here. The Legion's antiques have nothing on it." - "Antics."

Jaemal - Breaking down Walls

Mal - (He twines his fingers through yours, and slowly pull you towards him, until your cheek comes to rest against his.)

Jaemal Flirts w/ the PC

Mal - (It's amazing jut how many possibilities the shadows in the corner hold for lovers.)

Hi, I may have brought this on myself by fast-starting the romance, but I think somthing got messed up in the globals for Mal's male romance.

I get to the 'first time' sequence, and it goes along fine, but then the next time I tried to romance him, I got the same dialog.

That was in the fourth level of dragon's eye, but the same thing happened after the purification of the field of the dead. That's as far as I've played for not wanted to miss any more dialog.

It really is a lovely sequence, but after the seventh time...

Can I get your save, please? I used the same template for male and female romances, it could be that the Globals are mismatched for Mal's male romance, though I thought I accounted for that. domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net

It worked!

*HORRAY!!*

Thankyou so much, this mod is the saving grace of the entire game!

Though no I must admit, that had to be one of the most... amusing bugs I have ever come accross :)

I found the most amusing that one of the wrong strings assigned instead of "Jaemal falls seriously in love with you" or whatever was the:

Install joinable NPCs for IWD2 (Version 1). Warning: despite extensive testing some glitches may remain in this mod. Please report all bugs at www.gibberlings3.net.

Ye gods, what a polite bug! It practically reports itself!

On a more serious note, I know now how to fix those wrong references, so V2 will have the appropriate comments on the state of your romance.

I'm back, with a typo and possibly another bug.

In the second level of the War tower of the severed hand, Jeamal responds with "You will never see her like that..." Though I am playing the male romance.

Secondly, I started a new game, this time with Salomeya, and ever time I rest her clothes change color.

It could just be that she packed a few spares, but I thought you might like to know...

Could you be a bit more specific with Jaemal's convo? Is it a banter or an interjection? Whom does he speak to? Thank you!

Secondly, I started a new game, this time with Salomeya, and ever time I rest her clothes change color.

Yep, it does, and a couple of people worked hard to make this happen. Salomeya likes her dresses :)

The conversation was started by Harcourt Rustblade when I first walked into the second level of the war tower.

I think it was originally a conversation between him and Charname, but about half way through Jeamal says a line. An interjection, I'm guessing?

I don't think anyone mentioned this one yet: Peony's subtitles for what she says when you select her, or for her attack lines don't match what she is actually saying. It seems that it somehow displays lines from actual dialogues instead, because she's talking about the Hosttower, and what she knows how her talent works (or rather, that she doesn't know, only how to use it.).

It might be that it's a problem on my end, or it might be that nobody else noticed it because I'm probably the only one who turns on the subtitles for the selection and attack lines. ;)

Oh, and the subtitles and actually said lines of all the others in my party do match (Apart from Peony, I have Sir Nord, Valeero, Rizdaer, and Prachi. And my PC, Tenebrae, but that's not really relevant, I guess.)

Okay, I've reported it. Now I go back to playing. WHEEEEE!!

- ;):):):):):D:)

Unfortunately, unlike BG1-BG2, there is no function in IWD2 to fix the subtitles, so once they are screwed, they are screwed :) I will double check though that it's not a tra-fying artefact, but just one of them dynamic string reference problem.

Unfortunately, unlike BG1-BG2, there is no function in IWD2 to fix the subtitles, so once they are screwed, they are screwed ;) I will double check though that it's not a tra-fying artefact, but just one of them dynamic string reference problem.

Well, I guess there's not much that can be done then. At least it's not a game breaking bug, or at least it isn't so far.

It's just slightly hilarious to hear Peony say something that sounds like "Am I cute?" (not sure if that is what she is actually saying. That's the reason why I usually have the subtitles on.), and have the subtitle for it be "Maybe it's the ugliness.". :(

- :):):):):D:);)

Archived