• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

is the latest version used in bws?

#437 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3064 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

it's tracking github, so currently pointing at beta 10. A new prerelease has to be made there if this is not the latest thing.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#438 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2410 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

v4b10 is the latest version.

#439 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

And the item_rev_shatterfix.tp2 is no longer needed?

You cannot have progress without changes...

#440 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2410 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

I wrote that code for IRv4 and I think someone added it to the Fixpack so it could be applied for people using IRv3.  (Not sure why I didn't include it in a hotfix for v3; perhaps I thought v3 would soon be obsolete.)

It'd probably be best to remove it from the Fixpack just to reduce confusion and I will update v3 to include it.

#441 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Thanks, removed from BWFixpack (only for IR v3 which BWS don't use anymore).

You cannot have progress without changes...

#442 Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

I have a question about the Nature's Ward +2 shield (V4 Beta 9):

- It's appearance is of a Small Shields (which I actually like) and it has -3 AC penalty vs Missile weapons (like no missile weapon protection of Bucklers, which is a huge difference). On the other side it has general name (in NearInfinity), -1 THAC0 penalty, Arcane Casting Time Penalty +2, HiS/MS -30% and base AC +2 of Medium Shields.

Is it supposed to be so - a kind of mix of Bucklers/Small/Medium Shields properties? Or it's just an inheritage of multiple tweaks over the time?

WeiDU:

Spoiler

Edited by Serg BlackStrider, 06 February 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#443 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

It's a 1PP-IR thing. The latest official version of IR has an old version of 1PP integrated into it, and while it mostly works, it's outdated and has some quirks.

#444 Serg BlackStrider

Serg BlackStrider
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

It's a 1PP-IR thing. The latest official version of IR has an old version of 1PP integrated into it, and while it mostly works, it's outdated and has some quirks.

So, as I understand it, Nature's Ward should be a Medium Shield and thus shouldn't imply a -3 penalty vs Missiles Weapons, right? That's my main concern in the matter.

#445 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Yes, it should be a medium shield without a missile AC penalty.

#446 malax83

malax83
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:19 AM

Hello, i bought Beamdog version, should i install BWFixpack after install the latest SR (v4b14) and IR (v4b10) ?

Should i use Revised SCS ? this mods seems interessant but i m afraid of compatibility... If i install, should i install SR and IR after this mod (or before ?) ?

Thanks

#447 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6506 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

Hello, i bought Beamdog version, should i install BWFixpack after install the latest SR (v4b14) and IR (v4b10) ?

Well, when you read the BWFixpack, you should unbderstand tthat it fixes files when you extract files, but before you install them. So extract every mod you intend to install, run the BWFickpack, and then install the mods... or just use the BWS to remove the need to care about install orders ... As it's a setup program to install all the BG(BG1ee, SoD, BG2, BG2ee... )mods that you want... and you can choose which components just like regular manual install... but you get it done automatically, rather than manual way.

Should i use Revised SCS ? this mods seems interessant but i m afraid of compatibility... If i install, should i install SR and IR after this mod (or before ?) ?

The IR and SR mods are meant to be installed before the SCS, and then you are meant to use the SR's SCS. But again the BWS can handle everything in that line of install.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 March 2018 - 06:59 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#448 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2656 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

For new version

- more fixes, 2 additional components:

1) make potions dispellable again (with SR's Dispelling Screen I feel fighters have a decent enough option of keeping their buffs intact); fwiw I always play with this

2) display portrait icons where applicable - vanilla game (and Fixpack/EE) put icons everywhere. Any kind of MR boosting item gives a portrait icon "magic resistance" even if it's only 5%. With this component, all that nonsense is gone. You get icon when you get *full* immunity - i.e. Helm of Charm protection won't display "Mind Shield" icon, but Ring of Free Action will display "Free Action" on portrait since it gives complete set of irmmunities. 

These are both optional. 

Note that description of potions will be unchanged ("....cannot be dispelled...") but if you install this, you'll know better. :D

Both of these components can be installed at any time, (even after SCS) due to how IR potions work.

I've also tweaked some descriptions and item usability flags, and "decursed" many items since SR's Break Enchantment would remove them from your characters. Now those items are "cursed" since they affect your character in a maligant way, not because you can't take them off.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users