Messing with the Sorceror...

Andyr

Heya,

Has anyone tried making a clone of the Sorceror class - i.e. a kit for another class that uses the Sorceror casting system? No memorisation, spells gained on levelling etc.

If so, any pointers?

If not, reckon it's possible/impossible? ;)

I'm looking to try and make something for which a Sorceror - like system may be best, but obviously I don't want to remove the Sorceror class... ;)

It's easier to add whatever you want to the Sorcerer class via an item, a script, and invisible creature, or some combination of the above. That said, you might want to check out Max's Mana casting system at www.teambg.net under the file sharing section in the forums.

I've seen Max's system, thanks. ;)

What I'm after is a separate kit - I want to take the Sorceror's system, and apply it to a new kit.

I'll think about those suggestions, though. Thing is, I'd want a new spell list too, which I suspect could be a major hurdle.

Perhaps a few scripts added to baldur.bcs that look something like the following:

IF
         GlobalLT("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",20)
OR(3)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL1A)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL1B)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL1C)
         // insert more spells here, changing the OR() number accordingly
THEN
         ReallyForceSpellRES(SpellThatAddsCastSpellsBack) // Using Effect #261 (Spell: Restore Lost Spells)
         IncrementGlobal("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
         GlobalLT("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",20)
OR(3)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL2A)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL2B)
         !HaveSpell(SPELL2C)
         // insert more spells here, changing the OR() number accordingly
THEN
         ReallyForceSpellRES(SpellThatAddsCastSpellsBack) // Using Effect #261 (Spell: Restore Lost Spells)
         IncrementGlobal("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",2)
END

// insert copies of the above for levels 3+, increasing the IncrementGlobal() number accordingly

IF
         GlobalGT("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",19)
         ReallyForceSpellRES(SpellThatDisablesSpellCasting) // Using Effect #144 (Button: Disable Button)
         etc
END

IF
         PartyRested()

THEN
         SetGlobal("SpellLevelsCastToday","GLOBAL",0)
         ReallyForceSpellRes(SpellThatEnablesSpellCasting) // Using Effect #279 (Button: Enable Button)
END

Of course this is using the same variable for all spells. Obviously you could give each spell (or spell level) a seperate one if you wanted to.

I've seen Max's system, thanks. ;)

What I'm after is a separate kit - I want to take the Sorceror's system, and apply it to a new kit.

I'll think about those suggestions, though. Thing is, I'd want a new spell list too, which I suspect could be a major hurdle.

My very basic semi-multi mod uses an item to add 35 new spells to any arcane caster, including a Sorcerer. Assuming that you don't mind adding your kit via dialog, you could follow that method to have an item or an invisible creature add whatever you'd like to a Sorcerer, including a new kit name and text, THACO boost, more or less everything including thief skills. It might break immersion a bit, but it works well enough, and you could finish your mod in a few hours. ;)

NiGHTMARE etc: This is similar to what Max did, yeah. ;) I've thought about that, but it won't fit too well with the existing stuff.

Bob: Checking your mod now, but it's still not exactly what I'm after. Will see what I can do. The main problem I'm having is not the adding abilities, but getting the spell selection on levelling.

See LoI Kits for a scripting method of making sure the spells are correct when you level up.

As noted in the thread, I'm sure there's away to drastically reduce the length of the script, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Guest Guest
...(As per my current Runic-Sorcerer I'm playing.)

Where can I get this mod? I'm making a Runecrafter kit and would like to see what's already been done (don't really want to duplicate another mod, if you know what I mean).

Archived