SCS — BG:EE , on INSANE (far right scroll) difficulty setting.

frostysh

Greetings!

I am hardcore PCgamer with a lot of experience in RPG-like games. Now I founded and install BG:EE, and I want to walktrogh it on the hardest difficulty of each possible (like always) — and ofc , the all of possible side quests, etc.

SCS — is a huge modification , that can dramatically change the game procces! So I wonder , that it needs to be installed for me or it will ruin the game for me ??

I readed the itroduction in SCS , and I wont to install it right now :p . But I am little bit frustrated about it....

So opinions that players whom played WITH and WITHOUT SCS-mod in BG:EE , will be greate to me!

Offtopic — BG:EE v1.2 , installed mods — Classic Cutscenes. Please , if someone knows how to change the default dialogs text background color from the black one to the white , and also change the entire text color — tell me pls! :) . I am not the progremmer dude , but I can try to manipulate with BG:EE files to change it, if someone help me with manuals etc...

Changing of autoscale (the higthest point of camera view ) in the scriptscenes , will be great too , for now its too far for me , and I need to harm my eyes for the look of some action.

Tooltips font is horrible too , they are so small :( I can to read it , but it is make my head pain

— That is annoig stuff I want to change

Any other suggestion how to set ~6 months of my life to the trash, and have fun with it (I mean playing to BG:EE) will be appreciated. :p .

Thanx for the answers!

I *updated* BG:EE to ~1.3 , and now I can play.

Is the installed BG:EE mods: Classic Cutscenes, SCS .

My startup configuration of SCS-mod. : almost all tweaks installed, except some NPC`s stuff.

//////////// AI enhancements \\\\\\\\\\\\

What do you want to do with this group of components?

1: Install all of them (you will be asked about multiple-choice components)

2: Choose whether to install each component

3: Skip this group of components

Q: Quit without installing anything

//////////// Tactical Challenges - BG1 \\\\\\\\\\\\

What do you want to do with this group of components?

1: Install all of them (you will be asked about multiple-choice components)

2: Choose whether to install each component

3: Skip this group of components

Q: Quit without installing anything

Install Component [Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones]?

[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:

1] Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis

2] Fine weapons are affected by the iron crisis

Install Component [Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores]?

1] Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores

2] Stores sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling

Install Component [Faster Bears]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

I

Install Component [Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

I

Install Component [More realistic wolves and wild dogs]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? I

Install Component [improved shapeshifting]?

Install Component [Make party members less likely to die irreversibly]?

Install Component [Decrease the rate at which reputation improves]?

1] Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate

2] Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate

3] Reputation increases at about 1/3 the normal rate

4] Reputation increases at about 1/4 the normal rate

Install Component [Allow NPC pairs to separate]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? N

Install Component [NPCs go to inns]?

Install Component [Move NPCs to more convenient locations]?

Install Component [Allow Yeslick to use axes]?

Install Component [skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections]?

1] Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep

2] Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!)

N

Install Component [smarter Mages]?

1] Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

2] Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

3] Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat

4] Mages in BG1 cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat; mages in BG2 only do so if they are created in sight of the PC

5] Mages cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat on difficulty settings of Hard or higher

Install Component [smarter Priests]?

1] Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

2] Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

3] Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat

4] Priests in BG1 cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat; priests in BG2 only do so if they are created in sight of the

PC

5] Priests cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat on difficulty settings of Hard or higher

Install Component [Potions for NPCs]?

1] All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable

2] One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost

3] Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost

4] Two thirds of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost

5] All of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost

My char initial abilities :

Strength 5

Dexterity 9

Constitution 7

Intelligence 18

Wisdom 18

Charisma 18

Class mage, subclass diviner.

Character: lawful good

Race: half-elf

Spells: Chill Touch , Chromatic Orb, Identify

Weapon proficiency: quarterstaff

So I managed difficulty slider to the far right (INSANE), and started the game.... (I just tansported my char to the 1.3 , last save was in the Chapter 1)

well....Yes and No. SCS can change the game procces but not dramatically for a hardcore gamer. Try Improved Anvil if you want hardcore.

SCS is modular. You must be careful during installation what options you choose. Do you really want ALL mages with HLA's prebuffing before the fight? is this hardcore enough for you? stuff like that...be careful because re-installing SCS is a painfull time-consuming process. Do you really want a dragon with substantial HP increase? ect.

I don't see much sense in changing background color from black to white without changing letters color form white to black. Honestly, it's just stupid.

See this example picture:

359524-bgs2_020.jpg

Do you really REALLY want black text and white background? just think about it for a sec........

and NO!! TOOLTIPS ARE NOT TOO SMALL!!!!

well....Yes and No. SCS can change the game procces but not dramatically for a hardcore gamer. Try Improved Anvil if you want hardcore.

SCS is modular. You must be careful during installation what options you choose. Do you really want ALL mages with HLA's prebuffing before the fight? is this hardcore enough for you? stuff like that...be careful because re-installing SCS is a painfull time-consuming process. Do you really want a dragon with substantial HP increase? ect.

I don't see much sense in changing background color from black to white without changing letters color form white to black. Honestly, it's just stupid.

See this example picture:

359524-bgs2_020.jpg

Do you really REALLY want black text and white background? just think about it for a sec........

and NO!! TOOLTIPS ARE NOT TOO SMALL!!!!

Hey there! :)

It`s Huuuurt, my eyes! Spoiler! No..... :) . Please less spoilers. I forgot to said it in the first post.

I hell no idea what is that "HLA prebuffed" stuff, but seems to be that the Improved Anvil has more , and lots of the critical game changing stuff compared to SCS , so SCS with less dramatic overbuildins is more preferable for me .

I am had never played in Baldur`s Gate series . So, for first time I want to recognize the game closest to it is original.

Improved Anvil disabling cheats , but I am not the cheater , I never cheat , even if my char is stacks off with the some hard quest or the "monster".

SCS is just a good old BG , with some little AI improvements , in general, is it so???

Yes, please tell me how I can change the dialog text color and its background? i.e. Yoshimo Save vs Spell is black, and background is white , I need to install some editors like a DragonLance editor??

And no ofc , if u have a large resolution of the game screen the tool tips is so small.... :( Maybe I need to change the resolution to 1024x768 , I don`t have much of care about resolution , but how I can change it??? BG:EE has no option about that :( .

I want to play , but something says to me that I will spent much more time to configuring it rather then to playing it .... huh.

P.S. I created my avatar lawful good , half-elf , mage diviner , the amazing journey to the fairy tell will begin soon!!! ^_^ I am always plays with the "good" ones characters :) .

Maybe I need to change the resolution to 1024x768 , I don`t have much of care about resolution , but how I can change it??? BG:EE has no option about that :( .

Set the Windows background resolution to the one you want to start the game at, and then run the baldur.exe file. And vola.

The SCS or Improved Anvil are the furthest from the vanilla you can go. I would suggest that you first try to whole game without these mods. These are the mods that you will get your ass handed to you even if you know how to play the game ... if you choose the hard enough options, though the Improved Anvil doesn't actually give any options to choose.

You don't even know the games rules.

Truthfully, you need to wait for the v1.4 update, and then you might have to option to recolor the interface. At this point, there is no info on if the text is recolorable.

Set the Windows background resolution to the one you want to start the game at, and then run the baldur.exe file. And vola.

Damn , so simple , why I can`t figured it out for myself... But , still it is has some inopportuneness .

The SCS or Improved Anvil are the furthest from the vanilla you can go. I would suggest that you first try to whole game without these mods.

What do u mean "furthest from the vanilla" more far from the original game? So even SCS is farthest one, it is so?

These are the mods that you will get your ass handed to you even if you know how to play the game ... if you choose the hard enough options, though the Improved Anvil doesn't actually give any options to choose.

Yeah , that is what I want to know , if because the some bug , on the HARDEST difficulty setting of BG:EE , in SCS for example I will stuck , that`s will be sad... :(

No , I want to walktrough the BG:EE only once , because this is a LONG journey with a huge amount of the side quests , etc , so I need to configure my BG:EE very good!

This is I. Anvil notes.

1) Tactical challenges and Improved enemies

2) Many New quests and encounters

3) New types of monsters

4) Fixes and tweaks:

Improved Anvil applies several corrections and changes (including fixes and tweaks) to the original game. For details see the related document which is provided in the download package.

5) Item Randomizer program:

A novelty introduced by Improved Anvil for the first time: A good number of powerful items have been removed from their original locations. Each time you start a new game with Improved Anvil, those items will be randomly (and sensibly) redistributed into new and difficult locations and/or in the inventory of improved and tough enemies. In other words, each time you play the game with this mod, each of those items may be in different places and you won't be sure where to look for them.

6) New item upgrades:

Cromwell and Cespenar have 101 new item upgrade recipes most of which require brand new components which are also added to the game by this mod.

7) Four new kits:

Two new ranger kits, a new druid kit and a new fighter kit are added to the game. The new kits are all available to the protagonist at character creation stage. In addition, the new druid kit is assigned to Cernd and one of the new ranger kits is assigned to Valygar as well.

Four new subclasses but but SCS has no such as huge addition to the BG, I am right? > So SCS is a less "harmless" thing to the original game then IAnvil, it is so?

What is the rules? The Little ones mages, and long ears shooters backward , the scrap metal barrels forward , and hit the moron with a big hummer and burn them down with a fireball and pin out with the arrows ^_^ .

Like in Neverwinter Nights 1, 2; Dragon Age 1, 2; that the similar to BG:EE games walktroughed by me on the hardest difficulty setting...

Truthfully, you need to wait for the v1.4 update, and then you might have to option to recolor the interface. At this point, there is no info on if the text is recolorable.

Bloody hell! I have no money for the 1.4v :( . It is no another way? I just don`t want to harm my eyes on that stupid anti-contrast dialogs :? .

P.S. My English is poor enough, sorry ;/ .

So even SCS is farthest one, it is so?

Well, if you consider, take the hardest preset in SCWS, you'll encounter a wizard that's knows you are coming, so it has casted not one spell, but 7 to 10 spells that will help it defend itself, defenses such as:

1) Protection from Magic Weapons, which makes it invulnerable to all your melee efforts. Well sort of.

2) several forms of Invisibility that will make it impossible to remove the former protection, unless your mage can cast 9th level spells.

3) Protection from Elements and now the rest of your spells are kinda useless.

4) Contingency, which allows it to recast the previous spells the second it looses them. And it knows when it does.

5) Time Stop...

6) do we need to go on ?

Yes, they all have counters, but you better know the base system before installing the SCS.

And yes, all this is in the vanilla, sort of, but the thing is, the mages don't "know you are coming", so they need to cast each of those spells individually, which actually balances most of them.

What the Improve Anvil does to the game, well it kinda forces you to use the 4 "special" kits it provides, because they are the only ones that are enough Over Powered to take on the opposition.

Things such as golems that have 200 Hit Points, and 99% general damage resistance. So your 1d10+5 sword does 1 HP with each swing.

Bloody hell! I have no money for the 1.4v :( . It is no another way?

Phem, you got to be kidding me. The EEv1.4 update will be free. Just like the v2.5.26498 patch to the original game is.

If you have a legitimate copy of the BG1EE game, you should be able to download the BG1EE: v1.3.2053 right at this moment, at least if it's from the Steam, the GoG page also hints to the fact that it provides that, as the game install size it the exact same.

And what comes to it, you are purchased the license to download the product from either of those services, you didn't purchase a version of the said product.

So even SCS is farthest one, it is so?

Well, if you consider, take the hardest preset in SCWS, you'll encounter a wizard that's knows you are coming, so it has casted not one spell, but 7 to 10 spells that will help it defend itself, defenses such as:

1) Protection from Magic Weapons, which makes it invulnerable to all your melee efforts. Well sort of.

2) several forms of Invisibility that will make it impossible to remove the former protection, unless your mage can cast 9th level spells.

3) Protection from Elements and now the rest of your spells are kinda useless.

4) Contingency, which allows it to recast the previous spells the second it looses them. And it knows when it does.

5) Time Stop...

6) do we need to go on ?

Yes, they all have counters, but you better know the base system before installing the SCS.

And yes, all this is in the vanilla, sort of, but the thing is, the mages don't "know you are coming", so they need to cast each of those spells individually, which actually balances most of them.

What the Improve Anvil does to the game, well it kinda forces you to use the 4 "special" kits it provides, because they are the only ones that are enough Over Powered to take on the opposition.

Things such as golems that have 200 Hit Points, and 99% general damage resistance. So your 1d10+5 sword does 1 HP with each swing.

Hello there!

Yes indeed I choose the hardest setting in SCS ─ the prebuff by mages , and almost all tweaks exept: Deleting Candlekeep prologue, Yarnir can use axes, NPCs in the convincated locations, Separating pair-NPC.

But I don`t care too much. If it will be too difficult for me , "I just will drop the game to the dusty dresser and forgot about it".

Buffs are has not infinity time , I dont scared by some roten golems ─ I defeated a LOT of that mindless creatures in the other RPG-like games :) .

ADDED: Mages are smart guys ... they can see ya incomming via their crystal spheres and say welcome to your party with a meteor shower ^_^.

But tactics vs mages is simple : imune/resist to spells , lot heal, and hit-hit-hit-hit ... . :p .

I scrolled off the SCS README.TXT and I think that is that I need! (ofc I tried to avoid the spoilers...) :)

But the stupid addon do not installs properly :( . say something like that

Installing file(s) nashkelwolf_ee.d

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[stratagems/initial/dlg/nashkelwolf_ee.d] loaded, 656 bytes

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...

[sHOPKN.DLG] loaded

WARNING: internal label [2] not found in processed DLG [sHOPKN]

ERROR: processing .D actions [tb#compile_patches/stratagems/initial/dlg/nashkelwolf_ee.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

huh... Most hardest quest in the BG:EE thats a configuring BG:EE :( . I need to create topic in the proper branch , because I have no idea what the hells-like bug did such a horrible ERROR :O .

Bloody hell! I have no money for the 1.4v :( . It is no another way?

Phem, you got to be kidding me. The EEv1.4 update will be free. Just like the v2.5.26498 patch to the original game is.

If you have a legitimate copy of the BG1EE game, you should be able to download the BG1EE: v1.3.2053 right at this moment, at least if it's from the Steam, the GoG page also hints to the fact that it provides that, as the game install size it the exact same.

And what comes to it, you are purchased the license to download the product from either of those services, you didn't purchase a version of the said product.

"Truth is too simply to understand it , and too complicated to belive it..." ─ I forgot who did said it.

I just want to say that 20$ for me is a lot pack of moneys that I can stay with it an entire month...

P.S. Thanx for the nice answer!

Huzzzzzzza! :)

--moved to the first post--

Prologue:

Interesting location with some stories. Many dudes in green, and the Candlekeep Inn, I solved some quests , especially hard was to find the "Inner Grounds" this is a inside castle entrance, there are scroll for the mage in the tavern, thats quest gave to me some money ~ 100 GP.

First defeated enemy was someone called Shank, thats was not an easy fight, but Chromatic Orb spell works perfectly...

Don`t want to tell about the main storyline :) .

My char is good one , so he is did not stole anything .

So after my char spoked with all inhabitants of Candlekeep , I went to the dangerous world of Gate of the Baldure, with 50 Gold points and wooden quarterstaff ...

Chapter 1:

First wood that was amazing location , beautiful trees , and the atmosphere ... My little party saved one strange folk from the suicide... Suddenly the way to the Candlekeep for now is blocked off.. :(

My party , tries to avoid wild wolves and bears , but sometimes it is was impossible, anyway 2 Chromatic Orbs , or some lucky crithit , and dangerous enemies is in story...

My party was meet some strange folks Xzar[/i], and Mortidom[/i] : they looked like are not good ones , so I listened the stranger, and decided did not invite them to the party.

After I had been discovered all of the First wood, I had managed my party to the Second wood:

The bad luck party have been attacked by the group of the wild dogs, reloading....

In the beginning of the Second wood, my little party meets some old man in the red, strange dude , at least... Killed some blue humanoid, whom attacked us.

At last my party arrived to the Friendly Inn:

Exploring the location my party gotcha some quests , and listened lot about game, fairy tails stories , and other.. In the stairs of the Inn, some mage named Tutanotis[/i] attacked my party :( . He casted some kind of the —unconsciousness— [/i] spell, but before he reached my party that was on the ground, the guards killed him, so I was a very happy for that. Anyway , party gotcha some suitable loot from his body.

In the Inn , my party joined two another characters DRUID/FIGHTER, FIGHTER. And meet some not friendly orc Dar 2-Khan[/i]. Seems , at least 2 additional characters to the party , and all will be ready for the adventure ! :)

To be continued . . .

If I found any bug , or something I will post it on the forum.

The game seems to be very addiction for me, the beautiful graphics , the nice story huh good enough , may it`s bad idea was to install it... .

I will accept any helpful tips for my journey , but , please the LESS spoilers possible.

Thanx for the answers.

Actually, It would be enjoyable to read "first-time SCS experience with BG and the same time with SCS" Be ready to learn about BG combat, THAC0, resistances, and spell-protections of the mages :)

I think that is not more difficult then Witcher 2 , with hardcore setting (just one death, and whole story from the start...). Thaco is simple , lowest thaco is the better thaco.

About the magical resist of the magy folks , I do no know about it, but the magy guy that attacked my party near Friendly Inn has been killed by guards very fast... , so I think mages are not the strongest folks , indeed. :)

Right now , I need to dive in the world of the fairy tells , legends and myths, the imaginary world of BG:EE . Huh , my poor real life, :lol: !

Chapter 1: Continued . . .

Near Friendly Arm Inn: my party took down some hobgoblins that attacked us, that was easy enough. From hobgoblins party tooks some rings and necklaces.
At the South of the Friendly Inn (in tha wood), my party saw some mad Ogre, and mad Ogre saw my party ... , I had been shots into the moron with Entangle spell (hold on the place), but missed and has been entangled my own warrior, without any harm to the Ogre! :( Stupid spell is seems to be with an huge AoE..., and the Ogre did almost killed my own druid, but regardless it, my party was stronger then stupid beast (especially with healing potions... ).

South of the Lion's passage my party had been founded some mage's house with the Flesh Golems, reloading.... Inside of the house also was some magy trader. I my party had 1 additional ranger (why the hell I need a ranger, I don't know but that's fellah seem to be the good one.) - We needs the paladin!
I am storing the skull of the first killed skeleton by my party, maybe I is too sentimentally player... ^_^ .

Boreghost: - some kind of the city. But very hard to find doors entrance to the houses when it from the backside of your look :( .
When my party steps to the inside of the one of the houses , few Huge Spiders was there ... Entagle indeed a very spell ;) , just do not miss with it is huge AoE. The Spiders had been easily defeated.

For now I had been explored entire Boreghost-city, every house. I had founded the Shadowblades story in the top North house (my party did not stole anything but books ... )

Some kind of the female magy fella kicked ass of the whole my_party so hard... In this game mages are some kind of troubles, indeed.... And addition for that , my FIGHTER sometimes fleeing with a screams :( , rather then continue to fights on, not good at all, nerveless another location is awaits me!
I am solved the many quests , also. That is very suddenly that my party have only few hundreds of the GP, I like to spent it for rumors in the taverns :) .

South-southwest of the Boreghost-city:
The first hard fight. My party is pretty noobish , easy equipped and so on, but still it is a pretty flexible .
MAGE-DIVINER, 1st lvl, THIEF 2nd lvl, FIGHTER/DRUID 2nd lvl, FIGHTER 1st lvl, RANGER 1st lvl.
So, in some kingdom in the some land my party meets some three hobgoblins, they say
"Give up or die", and I said
"It is okay , but what do you want from my party?"
"All of your's money"
So the fight began... code names of the bandits are : Z, M, G. Z is meele fighter, M and G — rangers .
My tactics was a pretty simple , core thing — that the archers cannot penetrate the rock :) , so I prepared the ambush, by using THIEF's special ability , and the Entangle spell of the DRUID, of course my avatar have prepared two Chromatic Orbs..

Baldr001.jpg
My enemies had been luckily separated , for me . Z is need to be focused last.

Baldr003.jpg
Entangled Z is an easy target for the rangers.

That pals using POISONOUS weapons , so an Antidote potions is preferable ..

MY questions is:

--- "What is that "1d8", "2d4" , what is meaning of it? 2d4 is the better then 1d8 ?"

--- " I had been found a lot of the Stories (books), where I can store it? I need some kind of the party storage chest! "

--- " I had been seen many companions with some quests , I think so, but my party has only 6 slots (included my avatar), so I want to solve the companions quests , but I don't want dismiss anyone, either spent half of the game with companion that I do not want. What I can to do with that?"

Thanx for the answers.

You met Silke :laugh:

1 "What is that "1d8", "2d4" , what is meaning of it? 2d4 is the better then 1d8 ?"
2 " I had been found a lot of the Stories (books), where I can store it? I need some kind of the party storage chest! "
3 " I had been seen many companions with some quests , I think so, but my party has only 6 slots (included my avatar), so I want to solve the companions quests , but I don't want dismiss anyone, either spent half of the game with companion that I do not want. What I can to do with that?"

1. It's a 1 roll of 8-side dice vs 2 rolls of 4-side dice: firs will give you minimum 1/maximum 8 and second will give you minimum 2/maximum 8. So 2d4 is better than 1d8
2. You need "Scroll Case" - Quest reward from spoiler (select text): Firebead Elvenhair in Beregost

3. You can't do anything, it is impossible to achieve this for EE-game. There are not so many NPC-related quest to be worried about XP points. Just use other party members next time.

My party need some kind of the stun ability, or silence, or something vs mages , because that dudes have a hell lot of annoying spells, especially bad one, that my party cannot runs out from the mage , i.e. because that little ... seacoast ... Silke selfcasting some kind of the SPEED BUFF :( !

Good that in the scroll case can be gathered books :) . Because the book spent ALL of slot of some my chars.

So I get a point! {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8} Probability 1/8 ? {1, 2, 3, 4} Probability 1/4 + {1, 2, 3, 4} Probability 1/4

Is that the truth? So if the meele fighter is rapedly hit the opounen (compared to the opounent hit rate) then he\she needs the 1d8, else 2d4 .

Very saddly that I cannot solve all of the companions quest :( . When full map will be explored, when all possible side quest will be solved. I do not think that after that I would like to play again in BG:EE .. . Maybe in BG:EE 2 , I would.

SO I need to take the hard desicion, take into party WILD MAGE , and help with shes problems, or wait for the PALADIN that my party needs (I hope PALADIN companion will be somewhere in early game.... ). :( .

This is not about an EXP, this is about the story :) .

My Questions Is:

--- " What about experience,? I.e. when my avatar will be 10th lvl, and gather EXP from the monster 5th lvl, that is will be some kind of penalties?? If my avatar 10th lvl will gather EXP from the QUEST 5th lvl, that will be penaltiy too ?"

Thanx for the answers.

So I get a point! {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8} Probability 1/8 ? {1, 2, 3, 4} Probability 1/4 + {1, 2, 3, 4} Probability 1/4

Is that the truth? So if the meele fighter is rapedly hit the opounen (compared to the opounent hit rate) then he\she needs the 1d8, else 2d4 .

Erhm, nothing to do with how fast the character is hit, but the amount varies, see the damage 2 is 1/16 probable, the 3 is 2/16, 4 is 3/16, and 5 is 4/16( or 1/4), 6 is 3/16, 7 is 2/16 and 8 is 1/16, if the hit lands.

There's no xp penalties, you can kill 1000sends of goblins with each giving the very same amount of xp everytime.

The rule you describe only applies in the Icewind Dale 2 game. And no, the monsters in this game don't have any "levels"... in the same sense.

Archived