EET Installation - Error at "Setup-EET_End.exe" - HELP ME, Please

I found the reason why EET_end chokes on this file and (maybe will also on some others from SCS) but this does not help us much.

(These scripts try to adjust difficulty of encounters based on chapter progression and EET_end tries to translate those chapter values to the EET chapter numbering).

Something has failed early in the install.

Open weidu.log in BG2EE with just any text editor and look for

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~

verify that at the end of a line for the mod it has this:......BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility

Hi Roxanne.

Thank you for your quick answers.

I could'nt answer before now, cause i exceeded the limit of 10 messages per day. I did not know ther was a limit...

So... I restarted completely the installation of EET. Now, I have another problem.

The installation is successful. Completed. But the game does not start. Nothing moves.

Still, there is a "baldur'sgate32.exe" in the task manager, but nothing appears on the screen.

I don't know what to do.

Hi Roxanne.

I could'nt answer before now, cause i exceeded the limit of 10 messages per day. I did not know ther was a limit...

So... I restarted completely the installation of EET. Now, I have another problem.

The installation is successful. Completed. But the game does not start. Nothing moves.

Still, there is a "baldur'sgate32.exe" in the task manager, but nothing appears on the screen.

I don't know what to do.

Is this related to this issue here? http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-260?do=findComment&comment=601277

The most likely reason is a mod with a journal entry that uses an illegal symbol in the french translation.

PS - It may be a good idea NOT to address your questions to me but ask everyone on the forum. There are many helpful people here.

Edited by Roxanne

Hi Roxanne.

I don't know what to do.

Is this related to this issue here? http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/page-260?do=findComment&comment=601277

The most likely reason is a mod with a journal entry that uses an illegal symbol in the french translation.

PS - It may be a good idea NOT to address your questions to me but ask everyone on the forum. There are many helpful people here.

Thanks, Roxanne. I adress to you cause you're the only one who answer me. lol.

This is a new install. And I don't translate BG2EE yet.

Just to understand.

- this is a new EET install.

- you did an english install this time

- you ran EET_end and everything and there is no error.

- you start the game from baldur.exe in BG2EE

- task manager shows that the game has started but you see nothing.

Did you try again to use this http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=30094 to see if it is again with loading the quests (journal entries)? Or something different this time?

Could you post your weidu.log from BG2EE as an attachment (not the copied contents)?

Edited by Roxanne