Can't Install: AI Enhancements

lefti

Hi all. I have BG2 + TOB - GOG edition. When I try to install stratagems-v28.exe, I can't install most of the AI Enhancements (Smarter General AI, better calls for hp, smarter mages.. etc). I have tried installing it before the TOB 26498 patch, after the TOB patch and after the BG2Fixpack. No matter the installing order, I always get the same error for installing SCS. I also have tried SCS versions 21, 22, 25, 26 and 27.

My OS is Win 7 64-bit. I have no other problems whatsoever regarding my BG2 install. Here are some lines of code from the .debug file:

Compiling 1 script ...

ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#summe.baf]

ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#summe.baf]!

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [smarter general AI], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6000/OTHER.6000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6000/OTHER.6000")

[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6000/UNSETSTR.6000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 34 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6000.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "stratagems_external/workspace\\ssl_out\\dw#summe.baf")

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Copying 1 file ...

ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\help.baf]

ERROR Installing [better calls for help], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/OTHER.6010]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/OTHER.6010")

[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/UNSETSTR.6010] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 3 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6010.

Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/SFO_warnings.txt]

stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/SFO_warnings.txt copied to stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt, 664 bytes

Uninstalled 3 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6010.

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/READLN.6010]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/READLN.6010")

Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/READLN.6010.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6010/READLN.6010.TEXT")

GOG Edition is already patched with official patch. You only need to install Fixpack. Try disabling any UAC if you have any active, be sure game isn't located in Program Files directory.

Still not working.

I re-installed BG2 GOG Edition again. I only installed Fixpack v.10, after this I installed SCS v.28.

I have disabled UAC, firewalls and anti-virus. Game isn't located in Program Files directory, it's located at C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2.

Also, I can't install the SCS v.28 from the stratagems-v28.exe, a window pop-ups for a split-second and disappears. The stratagems.bat doesn't work either, the same thing happens. But doing this un-packs the SCS to the BG2 installation folder.

I have to re-name weidu.exe to setup-stratagems.exe. This way I can install the components.

I can install:

Core Component

Spell Tweaks

Item Tweaks

Gameplay Tweaks

Cosmetic and ease-of-use tweaks

I can't install (and these are the reason I want SCS):

AI Enhancements

Tactical Challenges for BG2

After around 10 hours of fiddling around and google-fu, I got it to work.

The solution I got from a fellow forumer, who had the same problem:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26098

I installed the GOG edition and all the fixes/mods I wanted on a Win 7 32-bit install. On that version the game worked like a charm, then I copied the folder, after which it took some re-configuring on my 64-bit OS and I'm going through Irenicus' Dungeon as I'm writing this.

Archived