Aerie, the PC, and tiefling love

Eyreequel

Darn, if you're from Turkey and have a harem or you're IN it, I surely (thanks to Bhaal!) have no understanding.  "Swedish familys" too. Back in Russia guys can be enough rude but normal and rivals of any sex don't live happily as long as they stand on somebody's way.

The topic is how Haer'Dalis might react to a rivalry between the PC and Aerie. Any sweeping, opinionated generalizations about culture or race are off-topic, and foolish to boot. Debates, discussions, and disagreements are all fine--but keep it civil.

Princeps - m-m? I mean if there is a romance where three people happliy live together we call it "swedish family", of cource no offence meant to any Swede.

neriana - I can't understand just WHY people here often monstrously exaggerate my words. Who was saying that russians murder anybody, dammit?! (Though once my ex-friend seriously tried to drag my husband to her bed. And got a very expensive "date" with the dentist.) Men CAN flirt and romance with two women at the same time, but usually those women don't know about each other. As I understand, nor Aerie, nor the PC had any romances before. What young lady don't expect her first romance to be with a "fairytale Prince"? And if this Prince tries to romance somebody else at the same time, the "Princesse" I suppose will feel that she is of no importance then and be disappointed.

Cam - I'm truly sorry, but just hate to be shouted at when we simply disagree.

Men CAN flirt and romance with two women at the same time, but usually those women don't know about each other. As I understand, nor Aerie, nor the PC had any romances before. What young lady don't expect her first romance to be with a "fairytale Prince"? And if this Prince tries to romance somebody else at the same time, the "Princesse" I suppose will feel that she is of no importance then and be disappointed.

Well if he's already professed his love for one character and then starts flirting with another, then the ladies would have every reason to be annoyed. They're as likely to be mad at him though as they are at each other.

Even if Aerie and PC do end up in a big catfight under any circumstances, theres no reason why they couldn't make up and still be friends afterwards. Aerie at least just doesn't seem the type of person who stays angry for very long, and people often feel closer after such a release of tension. I'd have liked to have seen Aerie and Jaheira make up after their fights in the game.

Men CAN flirt and romance with two women at the same time, but usually those women don't know about each other. As I understand, nor Aerie, nor the PC had any romances before. What young lady don't expect her first romance to be with a "fairytale Prince"? And if this Prince tries to romance somebody else at the same time, the "Princesse" I suppose will feel that she is of no importance then and be disappointed.

I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true when it comes to flirtation. Actual romancing, well... people often draw their romantic partners from a group of friends, and they all know each other. Flirtation is just flirtation, and there is no commitment, express or implied, nor is there any harm nor foul among most friends. Ever seen "Gone With the Wind", when Scarlet O'Hara is sitting in a tent surrounded by her "beaux"? That kind of thing still happens a lot, and it can be a lot of fun.

I didn't expect my first romance to be with a "fairytale prince". I expected it to be with a human being. I had a lot to learn then, of course (still do), but I didn't expect someone I'd been friends with for years to suddenly turn into a knight in shining armor. I wouldn't want that anyway, because then I'd probably get thrown on some kind of pedestal, and those are awfully drafty. I also don't want my PC shoved into the "never had a romance before" category. Because my PCs, as I imagine them, always have had at least one romance, relationship, and/or fling before.

Aerie at least just doesn't seem the type of person who stays angry for very long, and people often feel closer after such a release of tension.

Unlesst, that this person is named Viconia and she is drow.

Aside from the animosity between the drow and, well, everyone, I don't imagine Viconia would ever apologise to any of the NPC's. Aerie just stays away from her most the time.

Aerie at least just doesn't seem the type of person who stays angry for very long, and people often feel closer after such a release of tension.

Unlesst, that this person is named Viconia and she is drow.

Aside from the animosity between the drow and, well, everyone, I don't imagine Viconia would ever apologise to any of the NPC's. Aerie just stays away from her most the time.

Sheeesh! I get it now! *Sigh* stupid Kanny sometimes need things to be said to realize them. I have the Subraces installed and I'm a Drow very often, no wonder we hate each other with the Avariel. I'm saying this, 'cause I mean - it could be pretty fun if HDR somehow noticed the Subraces and "weird" PCs like Drow or Duergar.

Clothing torn? In our case Aerie'd rather have her mouth torn up to wherence her ears used to be (at the moment they're on the floor already)  :) Naked in front of all people in the tavern?! That's not for me - I'm a decent berserker.  :D

:D Kania, you always make me laugh!!! I never thought I'd hear you say you were a decent beserker!!! :D After that infamous New Year's night at the FF I would have thought you and Dalis were capable of almost anything!!!

Archived