Installing the Mod - no Setup.exe

Guest dave20

Guest dave20

Quote from the readme:

Alternatively the files can be extracted from the archive using WinRAR. If properly extracted, you should have an Oversight folder, setup-Oversight.tp2 and Setup-Oversight.exe in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-Oversight.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

i always have "Setup Oversight", "Setup Oversight.tp2", and "Setup Oversight.command" in my Bg2 File.

There is no "setup.exe" in the archive.

What to do? Cant install the mod :-(

Quote from the readme:

Alternatively the files can be extracted from the archive using WinRAR. If properly extracted, you should have an Oversight folder, setup-Oversight.tp2 and Setup-Oversight.exe in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click Setup-Oversight.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

i always have "Setup Oversight", "Setup Oversight.tp2", and "Setup Oversight.command" in my Bg2 File.

Assuming you're using Windows, it appears that you downloaded the wrong archive, the one for Mac OSX. You can get the Windows version here.

Guest StrangeDude
Quote from the readme:

Assuming you're using Windows, it appears that you downloaded the wrong archive, the one for Mac OSX. You can get the Windows version here.

I'm having the same problem. I am using Windows and I have the right version. Still I get the same error message.

I can verify that the linked v12 has all the necessary files. The SFX does appear to launch an auto-update script, which might cause looping.

I'd recommend installing WinRAR if you don't already have it, right-clicking on the Oversight-v12.exe file and choosing to 'Extract here', then moving the extracted files to your BG2 directory. After that, you can manually run Setup-Oversight.exe.

Guest StrangeDude
I can verify that the linked v12 has all the necessary files. The SFX does appear to launch an auto-update script, which might cause looping.

I'd recommend installing WinRAR if you don't already have it, right-clicking on the Oversight-v12.exe file and choosing to 'Extract here', then moving the extracted files to your BG2 directory. After that, you can manually run Setup-Oversight.exe.

Thanks, that worked!

Archived