opcode 333

You can force a save every round in the EE with opcode 333 (Static Charge).

It forces a new saving throw for every trigger, terminating if it is successful.

The subspell would just be 6-second effects with no-save.

I'm thinking about using this for a comprehensive mod to give all effects such as Hold, Stun, Sleep, Confusion, etc. a chance to save every round to break the effect. I've done this a little bit with my psionic version of Hold, and it makes for varied and fun gameplay.

Only thing giving me pause (aside from, y'know, life) is this:

If a spell 'Level' is not specified, then the spell will be cast at level 1 and the damage opcodes will inherit the dice values of this effect, otherwise the spell will be cast at the given level.

This seems to diverge from most instances in the engine, where if you set the "cast at level" field to 0 it uses your caster level. The IESDP seems to suggest that this opcode could not be used with effects that involve caster level. Is that correct?

(Granted, for some effects - Sleep, Hold, Stun etc. - caster level doesn't really matter. Just trying to get a feel for where this could successfully be applied.

If a spell 'Level' is not specified, then the spell will be cast at level 1 and the damage opcodes will inherit the dice values of this effect, otherwise the spell will be cast at the given level.

This seems to diverge from most instances in the engine, where if you set the "cast at level" field to 0 it uses your caster level. The IESDP seems to suggest that this opcode could not be used with effects that involve caster level. Is that correct?

If the subspell is to scale, you have to specify every level:

Give the spell with opcode 333 50 ability headers, minlev 1-50, with opcode 333 in every header, casting at minlev.

It needs to store the casting level this way because the "Caster" of the subspell can end up being the target of opcode 333, rather than the caster of opcode 333.

This mostly occurs if you save/reload while the effect is active.