Photo

innate abilities with level > 1

1 reply to this topic

#1 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2758 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:46 AM

These used to be crashy.  Anyone know whether they still are in the newest EE engines?

More specifically: let's say, as a wild hypothetical that surely has nothing to do with anything I'm actually working on, that I wanted to do something crazy like change ALL arcane spells into innate spells, including changing their RES filenames from SPWI to SPIN or SPCL, and editing the corresponding IDS entries in SPELL.IDS.  If I change SPWI703 to SPCL703, would that work okay?

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#2 kjeron

kjeron
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:14 AM

These used to be crashy.  Anyone know whether they still are in the newest EE engines?

More specifically: let's say, as a wild hypothetical that surely has nothing to do with anything I'm actually working on, that I wanted to do something crazy like change ALL arcane spells into innate spells, including changing their RES filenames from SPWI to SPIN or SPCL, and editing the corresponding IDS entries in SPELL.IDS.  If I change SPWI703 to SPCL703, would that work okay?

Well, the corresponding SPIN###/SPCL### might already be in use.

The new spell would get checked in dialogues that were written with labels, but not indexes, and scripts would continue to check/cast the old spell unless you updated them as well.

But why do you need an SPIN/SPCL prefix for the EE?  Every relevant action/trigger except "HaveSpellParty()" has a RES variant, and it can be replicated with 6x "HaveSpellRES()".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users