[Pre-RC_Luridel] Miss Behave's Playthrough

MissBehave

I got impatient and managed to figure out GitHub. Some issues I've come across so far:

- During 'Shield Wall' talk, some of the responses in regards to the drawbacks were not clickable.

- The slaver ship interjection does not recognize that we kill the Copper Coronet slaver first.

- After having the Stronghold talk at Nalia's Keep, the PID pulls up

- When trying to rest in the Stronghold the PID pulls up. Rested again and that went fine.

- 'Flirt with Aran' appears both in slot 15 and 16 in the PID (i think those number are correct)

And then one more thing, and this might not be a bug, i just found it odd. The talk starting 'Do you be needing something' really had no context for me. He refers to being forward but they hadn't had any physical contact, unless he's referring to the flirt where he touches an amulet? PC had not flirted with him at this point yet either. It just seemed kind of random.

BUT all that aside, so happy I got it installed! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

-An update on the Stronghold talk. I think where the PID pulled up before rest was supposed to be a talk I instead got randomly while I was at the Ranger cabin. "There you are.. though you might be off getting some sleep" This triggered without me trying to rest, but forced a rest at the end of it. Also, in PC response 8 it reads "[PC All we need is the illusion... "

-I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a talk in the Umar hills resting by the water, but if there is it didn't trigger at day or night.

- The 'Feeling comfortable' relationship talk. I can't quite put my finger on what bugs me. Maybe again I feel like this is coming too soon. There doesn't seem to be a lot of 'getting to know you' going on before he confesses to seriously having the hots for her. No 'slow burn' so to speak. Given that she's a powerful stranger and his boss, and not some pretty serving girl, I would have expected him to 'test the waters' a bit more subtly and see how she responds. But now I'm just nitpicking. I really am enjoying it! And none of the bugs issues I've come across are game breaking or anything. Just thought you might like to know.

- During 'Shield Wall' talk, some of the responses in regards to the drawbacks were not clickable.

I'm running through it - looking, but I don't see anything that would make a response not clickable - can you guide me a bit?

- The slaver ship interjection does not recognize that we kill the Copper Coronet slaver first.

Wow, was I asleep! Repaired - now reads

I_C_T HAEGAN 0 c-aranhaegan0 /* ~You! How dare you! We were doin' good business in this town before you took out my partner, Lehtinan at the Copper Coronet! Why are you out to ruin me?~ */
== C-ARANJ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Oh, we just dropped by to get rid o' th' vermin. An' when you turned out to be such a Cyric-kissed piece of shite, we just figured it were th' right thing to do. Good for th' neighborhood, an' all. Got any other names you want to drop, while we be all cozy an' chatty?~
END

-An update on the Stronghold talk. I think where the PID pulled up before rest was supposed to be a talk I instead got randomly while I was at the Ranger cabin. "There you are.. though you might be off getting some sleep" This triggered without me trying to rest, but forced a rest at the end of it.

That definitely is supposed to be an "on rest" one - perhaps it is choking on evaluation of TimeofDay(). I will simplify it and recheck.

- When trying to rest in the Stronghold the PID pulls up. Rested again and that went fine.

So, the "Stone Hearts And Heads" or some such is playing, but it was delayed from firing on rest. Probably by whatever popped up right after... You got the stronghold talk,

SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up permanent. Bein' a landlord has some advantages, too, with that coin comin' in. I don't suppose we can call up an army as well as use th' Keep as a home, eh?~ but then something popped a PID rifgt afterwards....

Temporarily, I am going to control for the possibility that the script variable set took too long, by adding a short timer. That will slightly delay the talk (a few seconds) and also allow there to be extra time before the script is re-evaluated. But it could also be something else, so I'd better mess about with it again!

Also, in PC response 8 it reads "[PC All we need is the illusion... "

Fixed! And I ran another check of all the [PC] calls to make sure.

- 'Flirt with Aran' appears both in slot 15 and 16 in the PID (i think those number are correct)

FOUND IT! I have been looking at that for awhile, and not seeing the loophole that would allow both heavy flirt and mature flirt possibiliteis to become active at the same time.

aranw/dialog/c-arandialog.d:20672 and aranw/dialog/c-arandialog.d:20675 can both be true at the same time. Simplified it by making "mature" flirts only available if [PC]<>[ARAN] have become physical lovers, so adjusted the c-aransex condition.

The talk starting 'Do you be needing something' really had no context for me. He refers to being forward but they hadn't had any physical contact, unless he's referring to the flirt where he touches an amulet? PC had not flirted with him at this point yet either. It just seemed kind of random.

I agree. I tried to invent something that has happened by allusion, and I don't think it works. So I am trying this:

IF ~Global("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN a505
 SAY ~[ARAN] That strap there looks a bit worse for th' wear. Here, let me...~
 = ~[ARAN] ..err... that were a mistake, I think. Now, how did that hand make itself so familiar?~ [c-aws099]
 ++ ~[PC] No offense taken. Why would you think so?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a506
 ++ ~[PC] I was about to ask you the same question.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a507
 ++ ~[PC] No offense taken... after I box your ears. Touch me again without my permission, and I will do far worse.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a508
 ++ ~[PC] Do not touch me. I need you to watch our surroundings, and stop watching me.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a509
 ++ ~[PC] You flatter yourself, boyo.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a510
 + ~RandomNum(4,1)~ + ~[PC] Now is not a good time to talk, Aran.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a1934 /* c-aranshutup28 */
 + ~RandomNum(4,2)~ + ~[PC] Can we move along? Each time we get close to accomplishing something, some idiot begins interrupting my concentration on killing things...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a1935 /* c-aranshutup29 */
 + ~RandomNum(4,3)~ + ~[PC] Silence is golden. Pay yourself.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a1936 /* c-aranshutup30 */
 + ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] Silence is golden. Pay yourself.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_LTT)~ + a1937 /* c-aranshutup31 */
END

and some follow-up edits to the reply states

But I am not sure; now he seems to be overcompensating by getting handsy and professiong attraction really quickly. I think I may need another interaction to delay things.

Checking on the otehrs - fixes listed will hit GitHub in a few minutes.

-I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a talk in the Umar hills resting by the water, but if there is it didn't trigger at day or night.

Nope - that one is triggered like the Inn talks; attempting to access PID in those water areas is supposed to allow you the option of following him down to water, poking through his stuff, etc. - but I am rechecking to make sure.

One alternate suggestion for the physical contact bit would be:

Aran: Whoops. Didn't mean to get so familiar.

PC: Is my bust sufficiently warm for you, Aran?

PC: If you want to get handsy, there are other places that are far more interesting, I assure you.

PC: Do not ever touch me like that again.

etc.

Basically, implying the action through the PC's response. It only needs to be in the top response--once the player has read that response, they assume it's happened. It's a clever way of integrating action without needing to be too explicit :)

I have my very own topic, I feel special. ;)

Ah, I'll remember to check for special water PIDs when I get a chance to play again later. My bad.

Shield wall talk.. Hmm. I think there are four options to challenge the idea of the shield wall and two of them didn't do anything when I clicked on them. The sneak behind and magical weapon ones as far as I can remember. It was on the second time that list of responses shows up, after you already pick an arguement and he counters it. But if you can't find anything forget it for now and I'll take better notes on the next play through.

Yes, an additional talk or two before he gets too 'forward' would be great. For example I got the 'tell me about candle keep' talk afterwards. That would have been better before. Give them both a chance to get to know each other for the PC whos not all over the flirts trying to bed him.

-Loved the 6 way shoe lace banter. Worked beautifully.

-Mazzy's 'lift me up' banter occurred underground in the shadow lord

Dungeon. Not a huge deal but doesn't make much sense.

-I was surprised Aran didnt have anyhing to say when we stood infront of the shadow dragon, given his aversion to dragons. Something along the lines of 'now char name don't get any stupid ideas. Just keep walking.'

-Sparring talk.

Aran's rapier to left shoulder line brings up a duplicate response option 'guard closely etc'

(a spark strikes) is missing capitalization

And this is just an opinion , but I would have liked if making out didn't have to lead to sex.

- After the morning after talk, the flirt option in the PID seems to be disabled. I haven't checked if that's fixed itself yet.

- the 'no soul' talk triggered in the wind spear hills during chapter 2, while PC still has her soul

-getting assaulted by the three guys in front of the bar went off without a problem. Two little things.. In response 4 the PC can say 'no you kill everything too slowly, I want it to be a long drawn out process' that didn't make much sense to me. And one last little thing, I would have loved the option to ask Aran to deal with these idiots before I do something I'll regret.

Found some more stuff during tonight's run but I'm tired, so I'll try to get it up here tomorrow. Just a couple quick things.

-The sex at rest talks seem to never trigger rest afterwards, which has resulted in some odd conversations, like him asking for a story right afterwards.

-After having sex following the sparring talk I've lost all access to flirts, but not PID.

-'Hey charname tell me a story...' was the last talk I got from him and I continued playing for a long time afterwards. Nada. He still flirts, banters with other characters and I have access to PID but he hasn't said peep since that story talk. Am I already out of timered talks before Spellhold?

Ok that's it for tonight, I'll get the other stuff up tomorrow.

Update:

I went ahead and advanced the story just to see what would happen and skipped a lot of the quests I'd usually do in Chapter 2. When I got to Chapter 3 his flirt option in the PID was back, but I still haven't received any more talks. I'm in Chapter 5 now, just arrived in the Underdark. He made 0 comments on the slayer change. I tried it twice. I mean its not like I want to freak the poor guy out, but I think that would have been a more natural reaction than just carrying on as normal. Then after the dream that allows the PC to control her change there could be a PID option to tell him so. I dunno, just a thought. Of course, maybe you had something scripted that just didn't trigger. So to sum it up.. He flirts, he interjects, his PID works and I got the 'Stallion in spring' talk after repeated flirting, but there don't seem to be any 'real' talks. Which makes him a great f*** buddy (pardon the language) but not much of a romance interest or even friend. I'm gonna go reread the forum if this was the role he was supposed to play, or if I broke him somehow.

Also, his 'Can we hurry this along' talk triggered immediately when we zoned in to the Underdark. Maybe it should be delayed a bit?

Checking through this - will have some answers Friday - but he definitely is supposed to comment on the slayer change, there should not be a cessation of PID flirting unless you told him not to via PID, and I think if you have run through a good bit of he material (you must have had a short timer!) = you have 5 Underdark friend talks, and some other interjections and such, but I'll have to check if i split some of the talks to be chapter 5+ dependent or not (I know there are some scenery talks and plot talks that still fire).

/* BG2 FriendTalk 14 c-aranfriendbg2 = 27 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, <CHARNAME>. Tell me a story, eh? Somethin' to take th' edge off all o' this blood an' death an' such.~ [c-aws097]

14 talks for friendshiprun through before chapter 3 means I may need to rethink the whole "not wanting to take over the story" thing and keep writing (for a version 2).

The part I am actually most worried about is

And this is just an opinion , but I would have liked if making out didn't have to lead to sex.

because that is definitely not what I intended! So I need to take a look and make sure there is more human interaction tracking, and less "oh, you like me, so we go to bed now". :)

Well admittedly she did chose to roll him onto his back and start making out, but given she was still fully clothed I think that shouldn't have committed her to sex. So maybe one more 'out' after that would be good.

But before my posts start to all sound doom and gloom, I better point out that I love what you've got so far. I decided to start another run just to keep better track of the talks I got. I'm already into 5 FTs and 4 LTs, on a 30 minute timer. Which works really well for my play style, but will mean I'll burn through his material in no time. But this makes the 'soul' talk make sense now. It must have been one of the timed talks, and because of my short timer it triggered much too early. Maybe change it to trigger in the Underdark, or Chapter 5. Of course all this means more writing for you, so I guess I'll have to wait patiently for version 2 :) . As it turns out I had a lot more talks than I thought during my first play through though, now that I'm writing them down. I also found that the LTs made a lot more sense to me the second time around. I chose different reply options that worked better for what I was aiming for. He's sweeter when you make him work for it, just like in real life. Haha

I think where I went wrong the first time around was in the very first LT 'Needin' something'. I had chosen the ' if you're man enough' response because none of the others seemed encouraging. But really that was way too bold for my char. As it turns out making fun of his language 'aye' was a much better response for where I wanted it to go. But mocking him isn't something that my char would have done. So maybe another response that's encouraging but not quite as forward? It could lead to pretty much the same conversation tree. I seem to remember having the same problem in other talks. I couldn't find much of a middle ground.

I wouldn't worry about him 'taking over'. I mean, if a player installs the short timer she/he wants him to be chatty. I'm so into chatter I'm actually going to install a second banter pack for the other NPCs. Of course, some people might actually want to play the game. But I think you still have room for more chats without people having to slow down to make sure not to miss anything. And in terms of LTs, it would help avoid the feeling of "Hi my name is Aran I want your sexy body". I'd love if he tested the waters a little longer. As it stands I get the feeling he only wants in her pants and doesn't care much who she is. I'm going to see if that changes in the second play through where I'm choosing more 'slow down there big boy' answers. I want to see if he can make her want to be with him for more than his wide shoulders and cute butt. :p

He made 0 comments on the slayer change. I tried it twice
Investigating that - it is there, but didn't trigger - rechecking!

-An update on the Stronghold talk. I think where the PID pulled up before rest was supposed to be a talk I instead got randomly while I was at the Ranger cabin. "There you are.. though you might be off getting some sleep" This triggered without me trying to rest, but forced a rest at the end of it.

I found the problem. I had a long-delay "hey, we should go back to the keep and take a rest rather than wandering around looking for trouble" talk that did not get integrated; rather, part of the .baf got in an the talk didn't. Luckily, i coded it as a one-shot, with no backup, so it did what I wanted on failure - it vanished! The talk is set into place and the .baf adjusted, so GitHub should get the fix in a few minutes.

I've been playing some more but haven't had a chance to put any more up here. I gotta say, when he talks he's fabulous. I loved his resurrection talk. I'm just in Hell now, so I'll be starting ToB soon. Its a lot to ask, but I hope you find more time to write!

I'll get those other issues I've run into up here this weekend.

Archived