PnP Celestials

Guest Guest

hi,

i was wondering about the compatibility of p&p celestials with the gminion part of the bpseries ai scripts mod. can they both be installed together? how to make them work together? i can do some dltcep, ni editing if reqd too.

I too would love to know the answer to the (yet-unanswered) question above. {If it is "No", guess which mod someone will be sticking with... :) }

Also, does the party get the experience points for kills by Celestials? {sorry if this was asked before - couldn't generate a proper search query to find the answer}

I too would love to know the answer to the (yet-unanswered) question above. {If it is "No", guess which mod someone will be sticking with... :) }

Also, does the party get the experience points for kills by Celestials? {sorry if this was asked before - couldn't generate a proper search query to find the answer}

Like wanderer said, you will probably have best luck if you install the BPscripts after installing PnP celestials. The PnP celestials ship with their own scripts, so you may need to do some editting in NI to reassign a different script to them.

Also the celestials are treated like any normal pet, so you get experience for their kills.

There was a discussion about this somewhere... the gist I got is that PnP Celestials should be installed before gMinion.

With v3 this was true. With v4 it shouldn't matter. The files that were causing PnP Celestials to not play nice with eSeries/gMinion are patched now rather than being overwritten.

Guest Guest_temujin_*

a couple of bugs:

1. the monadic deva simply shows a fist in its weapon slot instead of its +3 weapon icon (and name).

2. the planetar wielding the +4 weapon is named "Flaming Long Sword +1" for some reason (if installed with the bg2 fixpack). if the fixpack is not installed, the weapon doesn't even have a name :)

3. even though both the deva and the planetar have the same duration (i.e. 4 rounds + 1 round / level), the deva's seems to expire much faster.

also, there seems to be some incompatibility with the fixpack's core component. every time any of the celestials hit some creature, you'd get some garbled string in the dialog window.

"Astral Deva did 36 damage to [some creature]"

"Astral Deva - You have come for a reason. Out with it: Astral Deva"

seems like some problem with the NOATTACK.spl or something.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): 6.1

~CELESTIALS/SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials: v5

1. the monadic deva simply shows a fist in its weapon slot instead of its +3 weapon icon (and name).

The cause of this is the melee ability of the monadic deva's weapon, CA#MONRD.ITM, being set to require identification before use.

2. the planetar wielding the +4 weapon is named "Flaming Long Sword +1" for some reason (if installed with the bg2 fixpack). if the fixpack is not installed, the weapon doesn't even have a name :)

It looks like the name field for CA#PLANW.ITM was going to be set to @300, but it was forgotten.

I noticed that some of these item names are quite long, and so they don't end up fitting into the tooltip. I think it might look nicer if the name of the celestial was removed from the front (and I would also remove the space near the enchantment level).

@300=~Planetar Vorpal Sword~ -> ~Vorpal Sword~

@301=~Astral Deva Mace of Disruption + 2~ -> ~Mace of Disruption +2~

@302=~Movanic Deva Flame Tongue + 1~ -> ~Flame Tongue +1~

@303=~Monadic Deva Rod of Smiting + 3~ -> ~Rod of Smiting +3~

seems like some problem with the NOATTACK.spl or something.

Yeah, this was spitting out the entire Mauler's Arm item description for me on each hit.

Guest temujin_
(....)

i forgot about this.

good stuff Mike. s402.gif glad someone else actually investigated what i was talking about. i probably would've found out the cause for all that myself if i knew how to 'debug' back then, but didn't have the interest/knowhow and eventually forgot.

there is one more thing i wanted to add. CA#PLAN.CRE has a nonexistent pair of boots CA#PBOOT in its inventory. according to the tp2, it might have been CA#SBOOT.

and Caed also has a few text files in some folders that look like 'to-do' lists. some of them seem like simple things (name/icon changes) in case you/cmorgan are planning on updating...

You may want to check your files. A recent scan of all PnP Celestial download options on G3 shows them to be infected with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2. Scan by windowsecurity.com online tool.

I can verify that I got hit after I installed the mod and that the download files are infected.

You may want to check your files. A recent scan of all PnP Celestial download options on G3 shows them to be infected with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2. Scan by windowsecurity.com online tool.

I can verify that I got hit after I installed the mod and that the download files are infected.

False alarm, no virus here.

Good to know. I'll keep digging.

Supposedly this is the best scanner on the market. Its website says so...

(a-squared scanner by EMSI Software, for the record. Housecall by Trend Micro did not find anything, but did not scan the whole system. AVG found nothing until BGII was launched.)