Gavin's progress

berelinde

Had to paint it from scratch, basically... ;P needs refining, not *entirely* sure how to achieve the Baldurs Gate look without starting from greyscale (which I might still do) but this is a bit better. And it needs a background (the BG standard is generally clouds... :))

Gavin2copy.jpg

EDIT: And another... in greyscale. Slimmer face, lots of stuff changed (much better IMO).

Gavin3copy.jpg

Thanks! I like what you did with the eyes and the jaw. And I know how tough it is to remove a beard.

I'm trying to loose the armor, though, if it's possible. Well, not really loose the armor, since there is nothing wrong with leather armor. Just the stars and tree.

Everyone is going to have a different idea of how an NPC should look, so I think I might wind up presenting a choice of portraits. But I'd like to include one of these as an option, with a different background and unmarked armor.

At AragornII- yes, and no. I liked the facial proportions and expression, but I didn't want him to look like Faramir! If I could make the image in my brain line up in pixels on the screen, there would probably be some resemblance. Someone might ask if they were brothers, perhaps.

The problem is that I really think the facial structure of my edit, terrible as it is, suits his personality.

The irony of it was that when we were watching the Two Towers and Faramir made his initial appearance, my boyfriend said "Oh, look! It's Ian (as he was then known)." I'd been drawing pictures of him for years.

Another problem is that I know what he looks like in my head, but I have no idea what he's going to look like in someone else's. If I can get my hands on a scanner, I might scan a pencil sketch I did of him years ago, certainly long before the LoTR movies, standing on a chair and attempting to bash a spider with a mace.

At Kaeloree- I like the color version better. If you're going to be tweaking, and you won't go bananas about something, would you be able to do something with his hair? Gavin actually is fairly meticulous about grooming. If you could lengthen the face a bit, perhaps even by the simple expedience of stretching it in a zone that included the nose, you'd probably get pretty close to what I had in mind.

In general- Kaeloree's done some nice work. At first, I was too shocked to really make much comment, since it was kind of different from what I originally thought, but the portraits are growing on me.

I'd always planned to offer more than one selection, though.

Modding progress has slowed. After my previous emplyer folded, I had tons of free time. Now, I have a new job, which means that instead of 8-16 hours a day to spend modding, I now have 2, apart from weekends.

Such is life.

Okay, I'll focus on the coloured one, then. :) Are you happy with the skin colour? I'll try not to go too overboard - as you may have noticed, I do have a habit of that. :)

What about the mouth? Leave as is, or make it slightly larger?

I think I'll just repaint the hair entirely... you'd like to keep vaguely the same style, just much neater, I take it?

I'll try 'stretching' his face out a bit... we'll see how it comes out.

I think I'll finish the other portrait for one of my PCs anyway... its kind of cool ;)

Skintone is just fine. He's pale, so that works. If you wanted to go a bit bigger on the mouth, that's fine, but it's OK the way it is. Hairstyle isn't necessarily very important to me. Throughout his career as a PnP cleric, he's had everything from a 2' long braid to a buzz cut.

Thanks! :)

I like that one a lot! Thanks much!

He's 28, so the pic is probably about right. Coincidentally, as long as I get this mod out before next September, he'll be as old in the game as he is in his PnP equivalent of real life.

Archived