Can anything in Tweak pack

Domi

Guys, off hand, can anything in TUTU tweaks cause dialogues to "skip" or replace one another? Bren had been reporting other NPC's dialogues playing instead of Kivan's, but his Globals advancing. I have not seen it happening in my game which does not have tweaks. It can well be my first-time-coding thing, but I figured I'd ask.

I can't think of anything offhand that would cause that from the tweak packs, no.

That sounds more like a general mod installation order bug. If the globals are advancing, but the wrong strings are being displayed, it means dialog.tlk probably got overwritten after NPC project was installed. Perhaps he patched or Baldurdashed after installing mods, or used a dialog.tlk overwriting mod after BG1 NPC.

Guest Guest

Another way this can happen is if he is using a save-game from a different/previous install of Tutu. This string refs will be different for each install.

EDIT: Oh... dialogues. Different installs shouldn't cause this, it is more of a journal entries problem.

Post by Idobek

Perhaps he patched or Baldurdashed after installing mods, or used a dialog.tlk overwriting mod after BG1 NPC

That's "she" and no everything was installed correctly as per all the readme files. Correct order and TuTu Tweaks v201 last.

he is using a save-game from a different/previous install of Tutu. This string refs will be different for each install

Again, that is "she", not he and no to this also.

@Domi

I sent you a fairly long email with the results but I did want everyone to know there was no difference with TuTu tweaks installed and not installed as far as talks randomly not appearing.

The Valen/Sola Style Interjections does not seem to work 100% of the time as it does in BG2. That is the only thing I found that could be considered an issue with TuTu Tweaks v201.

TTYL

Hey, Bren, sorry for the gender assumption. :) And thanks for helping us narrow down the problem.

The Valen/Sola Style interjections basically convert a broken trigger (IsValidForPartyDialogue) to a simple check to see if a character is in the party (InParty). However, not every interjection from NPCs (especially content from mods) uses this trigger, so it's never going to be 100%.

Archived