Modifying Table Values

CajunAzn

Hi first let me say what a great mod this is! I especially appreciate all the work that has been put into making this compatible with other item packs.

I was wondering if I wanted to make some additional tweaks, like adjusting the miscast magic chance down a little. How hard would that be? Is there a master table somewhere that I can change before installing the mod?

Also, what are the values for special items like Drizzt's drow chainmail and dragon scale? Do any items get unique tables different from the default?

I also have a small question regard the 3rd component that allows all classes to backstab.

Since thieves start out at backstab x2, does that mean a beginning (LV1) thief is no better than other classes at backstabbing?

Thanks

Hi first let me say what a great mod this is! I especially appreciate all the work that has been put into making this compatible with other item packs.

Thanks! Always helps motivation. :undecided:

I was wondering if I wanted to make some additional tweaks, like adjusting the miscast magic chance down a little. How hard would that be? Is there a master table somewhere that I can change before installing the mod?

Also, what are the values for special items like Drizzt's drow chainmail and dragon scale? Do any items get unique tables different from the default?

Yup. The master table = thebiglist.txt in the mod directory. Plus classification.txt, if you feel Valygar's armour should count as a studded leather instead of a chain mail, for example. Edit via notepad/context, not wordpad/word.

Let us say we have a fancy, special +2 chain mail called GNURG.itm. In classification.txt it is classed as CHAIN. It will get the CHAIN2 values from thebiglist.txt, added together with values for GNURG, plus any unrelated special abilities it already has. (Say, fireball once/day).

If there's no line for GNURG in the file, it will get unmodified CHAIN2 values, plus any unrelated special abilities it already has. (Say, fireball once/day).

Descriptions are updated, so you'll see the effects of the changes there in-game.

I also have a small question regard the 3rd component that allows all classes to backstab.

Since thieves start out at backstab x2, does that mean a beginning (LV1) thief is no better than other classes at backstabbing?

No, everyone is pushed one step up. So level 1 thieves start at x3.

Archived