Martial Arts Moves

Bri

Just a minor thread on possible martial arts moves Aklon may desire to incorporate.

My own personal favorite? The split punch. Especially good on males...you do the splits, and at the same time throw a punch at someone's groin.

Or maybe a face rake...good for possibly blinding someone.

You know, I don't recall a guy using that move on another guy. :rant:

Kish has done some nice moves for monks as HLAs in Oversight. Kinda too bad they aren't available before level 25.

You know, I don't recall a guy using that move on another guy.  :rant:

I admit I borrowed that from Sonya Blade on Mortal Kombat. Used it for my Streetfighter (Yes, there is a Streetfighter RPG that was done by White Wolf. Even scarier? There is going to be a Streetfighter RPG by Living Room Games that uses the Wizards of the Coast, open gaming license for AD&D 3.5)

And most men would shatter their pelvis trying to do it. A boot works just as well. :)

Kish has done some nice moves for monks as HLAs in Oversight.  Kinda too bad they aren't available before level 25.

I'll have to have a look at them, and see what's what.

One of the other moves I was considering was "Pepper dust in the eyes" as something to keep opponents blind and off balance. But I was also thinking of stuff along the lines of "Leaping Kick", "Grapple", "Nerve Strike" and so on. I'm not sure how I'm going to add these. Some may be added to just basic Aklon, achieved as he goes up levels, or as HLAs.

So, he doesn't come from the Three Stooges School of Martial Arts?  *pictures Aklon with Minsc and Jan poking Bodhi in the eye*

He can go: WowowWOWOWOwowowoWOWOWOwowooo, nyuck, nyuck. Does that count?

*gets an idea for another easter egg.....*

I'll have to have a serious think about stats for these abilities and post a few.

I admit I borrowed that from Sonya Blade on Mortal Kombat. Used it for my Streetfighter (Yes, there is a Streetfighter RPG that was done by White Wolf. Even scarier? There is going to be a Streetfighter RPG by Living Room Games that uses the Wizards of the Coast, open gaming license for AD&D 3.5)

That was Johnny Cage. I'd like to see Aklon bust that out on the ravager...

A few thoughts I had on the matter of special moves. These may not make it into the final release, but feel free to comment. Certain creatures will be immune to these attacks.

Nerve Strike:

This is a lesser version of the monk's Stunning Blow power. Aklon has learned where to strike an enemy to cause the greatest pain and disruption to muscle function. The actual damage done by a nerve strike is minimal and in the heat of battle striking the correct place can be difficult, but it can slow down even a very powerful foe.

-2 to Hit

-5 to Damage

Opponent must save vs. Paralysis at -2 or suffer -3 to all hit and damage rolls for five rounds.

Leaping Kick:

With a short run-up, or even from a standing start, Aklon is able to land a solid kick on an opponent's head or chest. This causes greater damage to an opponent and may even cause them to become disoriented, but leaves Aklon open to counter-attack

Only 1 attack that round

-1 to Hit

+10 to Damage

10% chance that opponent must save vs petrification or be affected by Confusion.

User suffers -4 AC penalty in the following round.

Feint:

By changing his point of balance part-way through an attack, Aklon is able to change either where the strike lands, or which limb he is using to attack, confounding the enemy's defenses.

Only 1 attack that round

+5 to Hit.

Low Blow:

This particular trick, from the Extremely Dirty Fighting school of martial arts, involves the use of fist, elbow, knee, foot or head (as appropriate) and a strike to the nether regions. Aklon refers to this as a "blow to the vitals"

-3 to Hit

+3 to Damage

Opponents struck must save vs paralysis or be stunned for two rounds. (Female opponents suffer -2 to hit and damage for two rounds)

Thank you. I've tried to keep these (and any following abilities I make) not so much powerful as useful. the standard HLAs are much better than this (from memory anyway) so they shouldn't be overpowering if I decide to put them in.

Archived