IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

The problem with Blackrazor is that the bonus for returning it to the genie (+2 saves, as you mentioned) is usually much more valuable than +15HP and a +3 longsword at this point in the game;+ IR provides quite a few alternatives for 1-handed weapons. I agree that it's situational, but it isn't bad (and immunities it grants are probably the most useful immunities in ToB).

I don't understand the part about Silver Sword. You find it too weak for ToB?

If you have ideas about tweaking Blackrazor, post them.

About Silver Sword - I find this a very nice weapon, I don't see anything wrong with it. Note that if you install "revised critical hit aversion" this weapon gets even better, 20% of the time you'll be doing double damage. It's also +4, so it can hit anything. Imo, it's better than Ravager halberd - and probably only topped by Gram when it comes to two-handed weapons.

Could you link the sword's power to the amount of people you killed with it?

If there is a way, I don't know anything about it.

If you can't, to me there should be a burst of power each time you kill someone during a fight

This is doable, but sword kinda already works that way. I could tweak it so it grants bonuses after you kill someone with it (and buff them) but I fear this would be a nerf, not a buff. In ToB, your party is well equipped, has +4/+5 weapons, your mages toss ADHW/Dragon Breath etc - chances are, your long-sword wielder won't actually be killing that much anymore.

1) Souldrinking: 15% chance to drain one level from the target, raising ...

Yeah, except that has no effect on anyone else except the party members ... if you don't level drain them completely. And if you do, it insta-kills everything(without a level drain immunity, of course). Yeah, the effect is that broken. Do this without the level drain, it is probably better.

5 has the same weakness. Drain effects give a toss of benefit unless you drain the creature completely, and then it's insta-kill ...

Archived