Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

EDIT: Quick thought! I need either a Trooper or a Bounty Hunter on my main server (which is Beregen Colony, not the Bastion... sorry for the confusion, I am probably drunk (well, no, just dumb)) to collect ALL THE BUFFS. Because all the buffs are very important. Anyone know which is reputed to have a better storyline?

So far Chapter 1 Trooper seems to be better(for me), because they have that betrayal angle; Bounty Hunter is all about the Great Hunt and Tarro Blood is a bit, well, weak as a villain("praaativny!" we say in Russian). But I tend to choose Bounty Hunter when I look at my list of chars and choose which one to start.

Funny thing about the buffs: I didn't know about them(that finishing Chapter 2 with your main will get your other characters the buff from the main), so when my Agent finished Chapter 2 shortly after the Sith Warrior and chose "I want to be more powerful, screw the pain, screw sleep" during brain rewire, Watcher X granted her that, and then I looked down at the screen and saw Unnatural Might, I thought it was because of my choice! Ha. Anyway, made total sense storywise.

(And I spent well, well over 1000 cartel coins on inventory space! So silly of me. Thankfully, after I discovered GTN, I just bought all the cargo bay, GTN slots and inventory slots for credits and now I'm saving my Cartel Coins for a GTN terminal on my ship. It's especially nice because no one can infect me there - I know the event is over, but I have a feeling they're going to repeat it, and my lowbies don't get the immunity relics until lvl25, so the ship is safer).

My Smuggler's totally self-centered, too, yeah. I chose all the cowardly options during the Esseles yesterday, including "Let's give the ambassador to Moff Kilran". But, hey, he's Moff Kilran! I'd give my panties to Moff Kilran if he asked. :D

I'm loving my Knight story, but unfortunately, I chose the "JK is my first Republic character, so she must do all the quests" approach, and as a result, I spent all the evening on her yesterday and only finished two Nar Shaddaa areas. Ugh. It's boring. :( Then again, the Trooper and the Smuggler's playthroughs will seem like a breeze. :)

As for the crewmates, I think the best team is my Sith Warrior's - I feel like I can trust them all. Vette and Jaesa are light, Quinn's in love(though there's The Incident, yeah), Pierce loves his black ops, and Broonmark loves violence. With the Agent, much as I love the team, I feel like everyone's got their own agenda, Dr Lokin and Temple especially, Kaliyo is lovely but crazy, and only Vector's got my back. Sith Inquisitor's team is very cosy, but I dread the day I'm going to get Ashara - an unkillable agent of light on my ship is not something I'm looking forward to. And Bounty Hunter's got only Mako so far - looking forward to Gault and already regretting I can't romance him.

With Republic classes, I think it's worse with the teams. I've never played Jedi Consular, though(I wanted to play the eyeless race, but the masks are terrible, and there's a limited choice of hairstyles for that race, so maybe some other day). Jedi Knight team's got Kira, whom I just don't very much like(Kira and Kira; a bit too independent), lovely little robot who doesn't seem to care which Jedi to work with(and who's fond of telling me stories about his former owners who all died, strangely enough). Smuggler and Trooper are fine for now - I've got Aric Jordan and Corso and no one else, but I'm not sure the rest are going to be as great as Empire ones.

Looking forward to continuing my Smuggler, but I have to deal with Jedi Knight and Nar Shaddaa first. Agent Galen, here I come!

There's a new flashpoint! Game update 2.6, and a Tactical Flashpoint Kuat Drive Yards. What does it mean? If you're level 15+, you can play this flashpoint for the Republic and the Empire - and you can play high-level together with low-level people and vice versa - all characters will be bolstered. Companions won't be, so a full group is recommended. http://www.swtor.com...rticle/20140127 That's interesting, I'm definitely going to try it.

Also, there's been a tweet from Charles Boyd about more voiceover for SWTOR updates: https://twitter.com/...906166920736769

It pretty much means the game's alive. :) I'm glad I came to SWTOR two months ago, not two years ago, when it was more, well, buggy(from what I know).

EDIT: I'm going to re-specialize some of my characters(my sith assassin and bounty hunter are both tanks, and even with the best purple gear, my damage suffers, so I'm more comfortable as DPS, dealing damage faster), so I'm re-reading these(simple and short) tutorials. Maybe you'll find them useful, too(this one is for trooper/bounty hunter): http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/bounty-hunter/powertech/pyrotech/talent-build

Well, I made it to the fierce level 3, and now am enjoying a far better rock throwing capability. I know you folks repeatedly told me that Consular's story sucks, but I enjoyed playing it so far (character coolness factor and it hits all the right points to me in terms of my interests, archaeology, history of the Jedi order...). My husband started a Trooper as well, while I am catching up to his JK. I am really looking forward to playing together. He's passed that sensor placing thing however, after we stood and watched a more experienced player do it. A bit of a compensation for someone better at clicking who snatched the treasure out of the chest I was kneeling by (welcome to MMO) :)

I've got a DeathAdder gaming mouse as the early Valentine's present, so controls are far better now. The game doesn't freeze when rotating view/character with the mouse. We've also attempted to install the game on hubby's work laptop - got a blue screen of death, but hubby was still twinking with it when we went to read Harry Potter and beddy-by - and our old gaming Dell (still featuring XP). If it fries up the Dell, I will be very cross, because it has all the old games on, and can run them. I am still hoping to run KOTOR2 with a male if I can re-frame my brain from Atton-Bao-Dur-Disciple swooning and focus it on getting to know Mira, Handmaiden and Visas.

We'll see how it goes, if it becomes really entertaining, I might consider a subscription for the summer.

Zabrack, tribute to Bao-Dur & that Consular that I can't stand watching to die another time in the opening sequence. Zabracks = new ELVEZ, heh.

Harry Potter is Okay, but I am not interested in the universe. Makes a good bed-time read though.

So far Chapter 1 Trooper seems to be better(for me), because they have that betrayal angle; Bounty Hunter is all about the Great Hunt and Tarro Blood is a bit, well, weak as a villain("praaativny!" we say in Russian). But I tend to choose Bounty Hunter when I look at my list of chars and choose which one to start.

I ended up deciding Bounty Hunter, too, because I need four Imperial Characters, really, and I still do have that trooper on the Ebon Shadow standing around doing something. Aric beats Mako any day of the week, but from what I remember, the Bounty Hunter isn't really bad. Tarro Blood is, as you say, weak, but running around hunting bounties is always amusing, as is every other conversation option being some form of 'credits plz'.

My Smuggler's totally self-centered, too, yeah. I chose all the cowardly options during the Esseles yesterday, including "Let's give the ambassador to Moff Kilran". But, hey, he's Moff Kilran! I'd give my panties to Moff Kilran if he asked. :D

I love Moff Kilran. And Darth Malgus, too. Such a shame...

I'm loving my Knight story, but unfortunately, I chose the "JK is my first Republic character, so she must do all the quests" approach, and as a result, I spent all the evening on her yesterday and only finished two Nar Shaddaa areas. Ugh. It's boring. :( Then again, the Trooper and the Smuggler's playthroughs will seem like a breeze. :)

I think for me the planets that drag the most is Balmora/Taris (the first one), Tattooine, and then Hoth. Also, I don't think I am ever doing the Empire's bonus series on Balmora again. Freakin bugs. Hate those things. I don't mind Nar Shadaar or whatever it is too much, but I have to admit I'm sure glad for lower level speeder access for subs. That'll come in handy this week.

As for the crewmates, I think the best team is my Sith Warrior's - I feel like I can trust them all. Vette and Jaesa are light, Quinn's in love(though there's The Incident, yeah), Pierce loves his black ops, and Broonmark loves violence. With the Agent, much as I love the team, I feel like everyone's got their own agenda, Dr Lokin and Temple especially, Kaliyo is lovely but crazy, and only Vector's got my back. Sith Inquisitor's team is very cosy, but I dread the day I'm going to get Ashara - an unkillable agent of light on my ship is not something I'm looking forward to. And Bounty Hunter's got only Mako so far - looking forward to Gault and already regretting I can't romance him.

The Agent's team is always a little offcenter, yeah. I don't know how far you've gotten with Temple, but eventually she tells you her background- which you could easily use to get her and her father killed any day of the week if you so desire. So I put her and Vector in the 'unshakably loyal to me' camp. But Kaliyo's only loyal to her definition of fun (+ crazy) which is very different then what Imperial Intelligence wants usually, and Lokin has a complete agenda that's a mystery to me. He's involved with Vector's joining somehow, but I haven't gotten enough out of him to figure out exactly what. And the last companion... oh, hell, the last companion. I'm actually fond of them, but they are clearly loyal to themselves and themselves alone, and it's a miracle they probably haven't tried to kill my agent in her sleep somehow.

Ashara is so irritating. Why couldn't I have let the ghosts eat her, again? Worse, she doesn't have loved gift so I can't bribe her- if you're not romancing her, she doesn't even have a *favorite* gift. The most you'll ever get from her is small affect gain from liked gift. I know I'm never going to max her out. My Sith keeps her around in hopes that she can truly guide her to fall, but... I doubt that's likely. Andry seems to like her in a kid sister way, though. Maybe she keeps her around to keep the boyfriend happy. He'd probably disapprove of tossing her out the airlock.

With Republic classes, I think it's worse with the teams. I've never played Jedi Consular, though(I wanted to play the eyeless race, but the masks are terrible, and there's a limited choice of hairstyles for that race, so maybe some other day). Jedi Knight team's got Kira, whom I just don't very much like(Kira and Kira; a bit too independent), lovely little robot who doesn't seem to care which Jedi to work with(and who's fond of telling me stories about his former owners who all died, strangely enough). Smuggler and Trooper are fine for now - I've got Aric Jordan and Corso and no one else, but I'm not sure the rest are going to be as great as Empire ones.

Supposedly the Miruluka or whatever they are have some unique dialog options if you play a Knight (like the Chiss have some unique options if you play an Agent and the Ratakakakakaka whatever they are (Kaliyo's race) have unique options as a Bounty Hunter). I meant to try that, but didn't, because the Chiss are cuter. I don't know. I think the Trooper companions look okay, though I haven't even gotten the second one yet (though the Trooper gets them right off the bat, doesn't she?- third companion on Nar Shaddar, that's not bad). If one doesn't despise Qyzen (and I don't desipse him, really, I just find him boring), the Councilor crew actually *looks* like they'd be fun... the problem is you get them so late! Third companion not till Balmora? That's a long time to go, and your love interests are the last two companions.

Looking forward to continuing my Smuggler, but I have to deal with Jedi Knight and Nar Shaddaa first. Agent Galen, here I come!

Agent Galen was pretty cute. Why didn't I get flirt options with him? Hmph.

There's a new flashpoint! Game update 2.6, and a Tactical Flashpoint Kuat Drive Yards. What does it mean? If you're level 15+, you can play this flashpoint for the Republic and the Empire - and you can play high-level together with low-level people and vice versa - all characters will be bolstered. Companions won't be, so a full group is recommended. http://www.swtor.com...rticle/20140127 That's interesting, I'm definitely going to try it.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I approve of this. God, though, flashpoints... both my Smuggler and my Agent are running around with some 200 planetary comms, and my Smuggler has almost maxed her warzone ones, too. I need to find stuff to spend them. Maybe outfit all my companions out in orange gear. Why not.

It pretty much means the game's alive. :) I'm glad I came to SWTOR two months ago, not two years ago, when it was more, well, buggy(from what I know).

KOTOR at launch was really rough- especially the spawns. Things took way too long to respawn back then (like, objects that you need to interact with), leading to lines of people standing in front of the quest option, and of course always the usual asshole's trying to quick click and cut the line. That was a pain.

Well, I made it to the fierce level 3, and now am enjoying a far better rock throwing capability. I know you folks repeatedly told me that Consular's story sucks, but I enjoyed playing it so far (character coolness factor and it hits all the right points to me in terms of my interests, archaeology, history of the Jedi order...). My husband started a Trooper as well, while I am catching up to his JK. I am really looking forward to playing together. He's passed that sensor placing thing however, after we stood and watched a more experienced player do it. A bit of a compensation for someone better at clicking who snatched the treasure out of the chest I was kneeling by (welcome to MMO) :)

Yeah, people stealing chests and the like from you are called node stealers, and no one likes them. But there are always some of them out there. Congrats on level 3! The start of the councilor isn't that bad, really- and from what I've heard, Act 2 and Act 3 are fine, it's just that people find Act 1 boring. But there are some interesting parts. You get to see a hologram of Bastila, IIRC.

We'll see how it goes, if it becomes really entertaining, I might consider a subscription for the summer.

I'm already considering a subscription... it's what, 20 dollars a month? For me, that's a trip to the movies or a bottle of wine. I can give up a bottle of wine a month. It won't hurt. I guess.

Today's Updates:

Started up a little Zabrak Bounty Hunter, and got her off Nal Hutta. I decided to play this character completely different then any other character I've ever played: as in, when she gets a quest assignment, she will do exactly what that quest assignment tells her to do. Go rescue the brother? Sure, she rescues the brother, and takes LS. Go rescue the son? Sure, she 'rescues' the son and takes DS. If the quest giver doesn't give proper instructions, there's two different people arguing over how the quest should be done, or it's a self-made quest of sorts, then she... generally will do what will give her approval with her companions, because she's mildly sociopathic (I do wonder how she's going to do her romance). As she's Empire side, that's probably going to lead to her being more dark side then light, as Empire quest givers generally ask you to make dark side decisions before sending you out, but that's okay. I can live with that.

(That reminds me that I need to make a DS Republic character. I've never done that. Councilor or Trooper, I guess, but I've heard Councilor Act I is really bad if you go dark side.)

The problem is Mako. Oh, Mako. I understand where they're going with her (though personally, I find her and Vette way too much alike- they both fit that little sister spot that never really appealed to me, even back when Bioware was doing it with Imoen), and I suppose she's sweet enough. But my character. Is a bounty hunter. We run in to a Republic Scientist that has a bounty on her head. I tried four times- I could find no way to navigate through that conversation without losing around sixty affection with Mako if I wanted to take the bounty, and for a character that only gets 11 affection on turn in, that's a good amount. If I tried to kill the target, she snaps in a whole "BRADEN WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED THIS" "I EXPECTED BETTER OF YOU" "YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE" rant like I've killed Braden myself. Eventually I just said screw it, "We won't take the bounty if you don't want it, Mako" and let the woman go. Not worth having the only person who has my BH's back angry with her.

(Mako also seems to hate if I'm sarcastic. 'Those Hutts, such pranksters'- is that really worthy if -1, Mako? Is it really? Bah. At least she approves of credits, because my BH is so not giving up credits.)

Then I got her to the fleet, played a few warzones, and logged on my Inquisitor to send my BH the weapon item you get for reaching the end of Act I on a character. I then took Lord Aavi to do the Taris bonus series, because she was underleveled for Hoth. Honestly, it was pretty boring. Save Rakghouls, kill rakghouls, kill republic troops, kill pirates, kill more republic troops, bombs. Aavi is seriously psychotic, too. Some Sith Lord leads a perfectly reasonable operation against a republic base that goes perfectly (okay, I do all the work, but your character always does all the work in this game). As soon as he walks away? To his subordinate, "Your Master is a fool, and you're a fool for serving him!" (Khem approves + 32). Subordinate: "Um, wtf? We couldn't have done this without his insight. Everything went perfectly." Aavi... "idk I make no sense FOOOOL YOU'RE ALL FOOOLS GHOSTS LIVE IN MY HEAD WEEE". Right, oh Lord of the Sith. Whatever you say.

On the plus side, that means Khem is maxed at 10000 affection. I'm not getting the bonus for him yet- Khem's 'story' doesn't end until after the class story is over, meaning you can't get his bonus till you've finished it- but he's done with, affection wise. I still might take him out on occasion, though, as asking him to eat people is fun and he's truly my Inquisitor's soulmate in ways Andry will never be.

Taking her to Hoth, though she's a bit underleveled. I think I get a companion here. Hurray for a new companion!

Seems like we're all fans of Zabraks. :) My Smuggler, Domi's Consular and your Bounty Hunter! Yay, Go Team Zabrak!

The problem is Mako. Oh, Mako. I understand where they're going with her (though personally, I find her and Vette way too much alike- they both fit that little sister spot that never really appealed to me, even back when Bioware was doing it with Imoen), and I suppose she's sweet enough. But my character. Is a bounty hunter. We run in to a Republic Scientist that has a bounty on her head. I tried four times- I could find no way to navigate through that conversation without losing around sixty affection with Mako if I wanted to take the bounty, and for a character that only gets 11 affection on turn in, that's a good amount. If I tried to kill the target, she snaps in a whole "BRADEN WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED THIS" "I EXPECTED BETTER OF YOU" "YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE" rant like I've killed Braden myself. Eventually I just said screw it, "We won't take the bounty if you don't want it, Mako" and let the woman go. Not worth having the only person who has my BH's back angry with her.

I reloaded like six times, too. Then I grit my teeth and went through the disapproval jump and the dark option and Mako even said "yeah, maybe you're right" in the end, but I'd really love Kaliyo instead. Hah, she'd be happy here. And, yeah, they're overdoing it on little sister stuff - there's Mako, there's Vette, there's Kira, and Nadia/(Ashara, too, maybe?) later.

I never played PvP(well, no, I accidentally got flagged on Balmorra bonus series, got shadow-killed twice and never went flagged afterwards). I hear it's fun. Taris bonus series are boring, yeah. Honestly, do you know ANY bonus series that are not boring? Even Alderaan, while beautiful and great XP-wise, sucks.

Oh, wait, you've got bonuses from your companions? I'm going to go google it.

(Met a Russian girl on Nar Shaddaa yesterday, spent an hour chatting about how we love Vector and Malavai and how nobody even comes close. I told her Andronicus was pretty cool, but I think she got disappointed when I trashed Torian).

Speaking of dark and light, what I really miss on Republic side are sensible and plot-important dark side options. Mostly it's just "after battle: kill main villain or show mercy", or even "be rude or be polite" and it's pretty unemotional. I mean, when my Bounty Hunter's prepared to fulfill her contract and kill the victim, I can feel the victim's fear, I have to fight my own compassion! When an Agent makes a terrible but rational decision, I feel like a cold monster. And my Sith Inquisitor(well, here I laugh, usually, because it's pretty hilarious, and the authors had huge fun with it)... but Twani said it all. "Why, Khem, do we see a Dark Side option? And it's a [shock] option? Oh no, whatever shall I do?"

But the Republic - not so good with dark side, the character is basically nudged to become Luke or Han or Obi-Wan, or even kinder. Seriously, does it make ANY sense to choose dark side for the Republic? I'm playing full light Trooper/Jedi Knight, and "light or neutral" Smuggler(thought to go with dark side, but she turned out to be a nice girl). Maybe some luck with dark Jedi Consular?

Hi folks, can you actually reload anything? I have failed to exit my quest area erm.. alive, and the story just rolled over, nothing damaged but me pride. I've picked up the gaming mouse-pad as well, but I still have a hard time with combat. Story is appealing so far. Level 4... and probably going to restrain myself from ripping through the story till I gain a better prof in combat, just gonna hunt for a couple of hours, making sure I at least approximate the grace of other players I see who actually look like Jedi!

I need 4 more levels to catch up to my hubby. He's working late so I will have a chance hopefully before the weekend.

Oh, and I repeatedly broke limbs lol, leaping off the various curving pathways most notably in the Jedi temple. (Giggle) I dunno why, I just love doing the leaping, seeing my mobility is up to a very slow jog and everything leaves me winded (GRRR!!!!)....

Yeah, people stealing chests and the like from you are called node stealers, and no one likes them. But there are always some of them out there. Congrats on level 3! The start of the councilor isn't that bad, really- and from what I've heard, Act 2 and Act 3 are fine, it's just that people find Act 1 boring. But there are some interesting parts. You get to see a hologram of Bastila, IIRC.

Dunno if seeing Bastilla will do much for me, not a big fan. Interestingly, my wee one was asking if we can kill her once we find her - I was totally surprised by the strong negative reaction. Holy cow, is it again, the womanhood in a nutshell, age 7 and a half? How could she possibly know what jealous is?

Seems like we're all fans of Zabraks. :) My Smuggler, Domi's Consular and your Bounty Hunter! Yay, Go Team Zabrak!

Cool coloring, tattoos, horns, what not to like?! I like Twi'leks as well. If we decide to do a subscription play, I will run one. I still can't believe this is a free game.

EDIT: (cough) Providing I learn to push 'attack' button instead of walk button... repeatedly.

But the Republic - not so good with dark side, the character is basically nudged to become Luke or Han or Obi-Wan, or even kinder. Seriously, does it make ANY sense to choose dark side for the Republic? I'm playing full light Trooper/Jedi Knight, and "light or neutral" Smuggler(thought to go with dark side, but she turned out to be a nice girl). Maybe some luck with dark Jedi Consular?

It's BioWARE, Kulyok. So, I doubt. I haven't seen anything yet.

Imp agent has the best story so far. Without any doubts. I have a nice Chiss lady (Sniper - DPS) on the french PvE server. The thing is, though I love the agent class story (and ship!), the crew is not that great. They are ok, but nothing more. You also need to learn, when to take a break. Because in many flashpoints, you can raise more threat than a tank if you are constantly attacking.

My favourite character is trooper (on Red Eclipse like all my other characters except the Chiss agent). You get the best crew and best companions on the first two planets after Ord Mantell (Aric Jorgan and Elara) and the story is good. I really like the military feeling of most dialogues. Also often when speaking to scientist etc., the trooper has lines in which you see, that authors understand, that there are limits of what the trooper can comprehend. Second chapter of the story is not that good unfortunately. I played as a Vanguard (tank). With heal companion I was soloing most of the heroics in the second part of the game (as a preferred I dont have RotHC though). I also like his relatively hard role during flashpoints. Usually people playing DPS make it unnecessarily "interesting", because the are engaging the enemy before you. But it ends well most of the time and people are usually polite toward tanks (I have only one bad experience so far).

Now Im playing dark side Sith Warrior. I must really say, that I did not expect it to be so "horrible". The story is ok, but sometimes you get options, which are a little too dark side for me. :) I also cannot be hard on Vette. I mean she is basically another Mission Vao and i was always sad about her end if you play for the dark side in KotOR.

The worst thing and biggest obstacle for me so far are sidequests. I have to repeat them with new cahracters, because Im preferred and I need the experience. But it is really boring. So from time to time, I need to get away from the game for few months and try to forgot, what was their goal etc.

Hey Domi! ;) It is kind of harder to play DS, if the game is good. For that the game needs to build up situations, in which you really care about the involved characters. And TOR is suprisingly good at this (although there are often easy points in situations like - let go or/ kill a bunch of soldiers, that you just met). Im sometimes getting lights side points, because I dont have the heart to go for DS. Im really looking forwards for the rest of the companions. Lt. Pierce, Jaesa Willsaam etc., they all seem to really fit in, if you are playing the DS character.

Hi folks, can you actually reload anything? I have failed to exit my quest area erm.. alive, and the story just rolled over, nothing damaged but me pride. I've picked up the gaming mouse-pad as well, but I still have a hard time with combat. Story is appealing so far. Level 4... and probably going to restrain myself from ripping through the story till I gain a better prof in combat, just gonna hunt for a couple of hours, making sure I at least approximate the grace of other players I see who actually look like Jedi!

There are two buttons in your quest window - reset the quest and abandon the quest(you can approach the quest-giver later and take it). Class quests can't be abandoned, but can be reset.

Your movement speed will increase at level 10, thankfully. And you're getting a speeder at level 30 or so(by the way, if you subscribe, you're getting the speeder at level 15).

There are two buttons in your quest window - reset the quest and abandon the quest(you can approach the quest-giver later and take it). Class quests can't be abandoned, but can be reset.

TY! I will try, but I have already reported back to the Master. If it's too late, I will remember for the future!

Archived