BG1NPC Project v21 Bug Thread

jastey

Ah, I was jumping to conclusions. Would you please specify what you mean with the voicing. The sounds, or the written dialogues? Item names, too, or not?

I fear something mixed up the assigned voice lines, but I am sure it is not BG1NPC Project. You could fix some by using the fix-it script introduced by BG1NPC which re-assigns the voiced lines to the different situations (tired, bored, etc.), but BG1NPC Project does not change these upon installation. (And it definitely does not change the chapter texts.)

EDIT: Forgot the "not"! I think BG1NPC is not responsible.

Ah, I was jumping to conclusions. Would you please specify what you mean with the voicing. The sounds, or the written dialogues? Item names, too, or not?

Well, the command and selection sounds are mixed up (e.g. Monty uses Khalids, Imoen uses Minsc's and some female voice, I can't recognize, Khalid generally uses Jaheira's, etc.), such as the voiced-lines in diff. situation (tired, bored).

The written dialogs are alright (e.g. the NPC project banters), but I can't say much about their voicing lines (usually the first sentence) 'cause they haven't initiate such dialogs yet (only the original banters have some initial voicing lines).

The fix-it script only could fix Xzar's one, and half-way Imoen's (albeit she is fixed, she has now her BG2 voice, not her BG1's).

@jastey: I believe Zoltan's error comes from one of the mods appending the .cre file very badly(or it just has a typo :groucho: ), as it effects the files at offsets after 0x00a4 too... I told Túrin(assuming s/he is Zoltan) to --change-log a few of the .cre files, as that gives the complete changes made to the file and which can help us to identify the mod that made the mistake. But I need a bit help...

It's "khalid1.cre" and "montar1.cre" among others in BGT-weidu, correct ? :devlook:

If the chapter narrations are also not working, I wonder if a mod wrote a bad string to the DIALOG.TLK that messed up the indexes? Writing a bad CRE could screw up the voiced lines, but that shouldn't affect the narrations.

I have a problem sort of similar to the one posted above. When I first started playing the game, all the NPCs sounded fine, but after I play for awhile, one of them will go wonky. The main problem seems to be with NPCs that show up in both BG1 and BG2--it's Imoen and Minsc that I've had persistent problems with. They never say anyone else's lines, only their own, but they'll use a BG2 sound, for the wrong context: so I should be getting a BG1 "what do you want me to do?" sound, but instead I get a BG2 "I'm near death" sound, for example.

After I ran into this problem once in an earlier game with Imoen, I thought maybe the problem was haphazard mod installation, so I uninstalled everything and started completely over, but now it has happened again. I have tried using the PID to tell Minsc his voice sounds strange, but that doesn't fix it.

I installed these mods, I believe in this order, after a clean installation of the game:

BGT

UB for BG1

BG1NPC
UB for BG2
Kelsey, Vynd, Keto
De'Arnise romance
BG2 Questpack
Banterpacks for bg2
BG2 tweaks

Any ideas?

Well, I'm bad at this install-stuff so it's not shocking that I have a problem. xD It wrote

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR4300.bcs] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

during installation. What should I do? xD

(Windows/BGEE)

Well, I'm bad at this install-stuff so it's not shocking that I have a problem. xD It wrote

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [AR4300.bcs] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

during installation. What should I do? xD

(Windows/BGEE)

Look for a file called SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG. The file is likely very long, so don't try to post the text. You can send it to me via email at astrobryguy@comcast.net.

This is more of an inconsistency than a bug, but Eddard Silvershield's age is different between references.

In the item description for his fibula, X#SILSH, it says:

~You picked up this broach from a bandit you killed near Beregost. It is a beautiful enameled fibula with a sigil of one of the Dukes of Baldur's Gate - Entar Silvershield. The same symbol is also embroidered on the breast of a dead youth's coat. Unfortunately you came upon the bandits too late to save the boy from the bandits. He is too young to be a Duke, but you have heard that Entar Silvershield had a son of about your own age, called Eddard Silvershield. Perhaps you should return this pin to Silvershields.~

So early twenties, here.

On the other hand, one of her Friendtalks, at Global("X#SkFriendTalk","GLOBAL",4) says:

~Yes, that sounds so... familiar, <CHARNAME>. When I was born, my mother had always taken care of me. My father is one of the four Grand Dukes, and was always busy. My brother was already fifteen years old when I was born, and in training. I never really knew him. But my mother, she was always there. When I was little, and ventured a little too far into the gardens, she was always there to clean my scraped knees. She wanted me to be a proper lady, but still strong enough to lead my own life. I learned to read, write... She hired only the best of tutors for me. I learned to play the piano, the high harp, and my mother made sure I was trained in the dance. She was always there, my only friend... I was devastated when she died. It was all... so sudden, so unexpected. But sometimes I can feel her, still looking out for me... wherever she is now.~

Which, even if Skie is out and about at 15 or 16, puts Eddard in his thirties... Maybe there's a drop of Elf blood in the family so he looks younger?

(shrug)

EDIT:

Also, "broach" should be spelled "brooch".

This is more of an inconsistency than a bug, but Eddard Silvershield's age is different between references.

In the item description for his fibula, X#SILSH, it says:

~You picked up this broach from a bandit you killed near Beregost. It is a beautiful enameled fibula with a sigil of one of the Dukes of Baldur's Gate - Entar Silvershield. The same symbol is also embroidered on the breast of a dead youth's coat. Unfortunately you came upon the bandits too late to save the boy from the bandits. He is too young to be a Duke, but you have heard that Entar Silvershield had a son of about your own age, called Eddard Silvershield. Perhaps you should return this pin to Silvershields.~

So early twenties, here.

On the other hand, one of her Friendtalks, at Global("X#SkFriendTalk","GLOBAL",4) says:

~Yes, that sounds so... familiar, <CHARNAME>. When I was born, my mother had always taken care of me. My father is one of the four Grand Dukes, and was always busy. My brother was already fifteen years old when I was born, and in training. I never really knew him. But my mother, she was always there. When I was little, and ventured a little too far into the gardens, she was always there to clean my scraped knees. She wanted me to be a proper lady, but still strong enough to lead my own life. I learned to read, write... She hired only the best of tutors for me. I learned to play the piano, the high harp, and my mother made sure I was trained in the dance. She was always there, my only friend... I was devastated when she died. It was all... so sudden, so unexpected. But sometimes I can feel her, still looking out for me... wherever she is now.~

Which, even if Skie is out and about at 15 or 16, puts Eddard in his thirties... Maybe there's a drop of Elf blood in the family so he looks younger?

(shrug)

EDIT:

Also, "broach" should be spelled "brooch".

I would suggest that the first text is inconsistent with itself, unless CHARNAME is assumed to be underage. A twenty-something might be young, but he would be "of age" and could therefore be a Duke. Saying he is too young to be a duke and calling him a "boy" implies he is underage, e.g. 12-15 years old.

How about a revised fibula description that leaves Eddard's age a little more vague.

~You picked up this brooch from a bandit you killed near Beregost. It is a beautiful enameled fibula with a sigil of one of the Dukes of Baldur's Gate - Entar Silvershield. The same symbol was also embroidered on the breast of a dead man's coat. Unfortunately you came upon the bandits too late to save the young man from the bandits. You have heard that Entar Silvershield had a son called Eddard Silvershield. Perhaps you should return this pin to Silvershields.~

Trying to install this on BGEE, just isn't working. I'm definitely using the latest version available. I've tried on a clean install of the game. Any help appreciated! Setup-big1mpc.debug below.

WeiDU v 23700 Log

C:\games\steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1npc.exe
[./chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
[./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[.\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 4666576 bytes
[.\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 34000 string entries
Choose your language:
0 [English]
1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
2 [Francais (traduit par les d'Oghmatiques)]
3 [Polski]
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings
Using .\lang\en_us/dialog.tlk
Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections]?
[Y]es, [N]o?
Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Portrait Changes and Additions]?
[Y]es, [N]o?
Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Romances]?
[Y]es, [N]o?
Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks]?
[Y]es, [N]o?
Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v21_PRERELEASE_20140625]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
[./DATA/AR01XX.BIF] 35995364 bytes, 533 files, 63 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
[./DATA/AR2XXX.BIF] 108665168 bytes, 562 files, 42 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
[./DATA/OHAREAS.BIF] 43371920 bytes, 246 files, 12 tilesets
BG:EE Detected. Installation based on those resources.
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 0 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [bG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/PROJECT.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/PROJECT.BIF]
[./DATA/PROJECT.BIF] 130348 bytes, 193 files, 0 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
[./DATA/25DEFLT.BIF] 2827944 bytes, 160 files, 0 tilesets
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR1XXX.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR1XXX.BIF]
[./DATA/AR1XXX.BIF] 118564580 bytes, 738 files, 52 tilesets
Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Sys_error("bg1npc\\lib\\liam_bgee_vars.tpa: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings
Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications
WeiDU Timings
OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
parsing .tra files 0.000
<<<<<<<< 0.000
unmarshal BIFF 0.000
adding translation strings 0.000
load TLK 0.000
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
OUTER_SET 0.000