PnP Celestials

62 replies to this topic

#16 Galactygon

Galactygon

Nostradoctopus

• Modders
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:42 AM

I have both BP installed and P&P celestials. So far, I found no compatiblity bugs.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Galactygon

Galactygon

Nostradoctopus

• Modders
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:46 AM

About the scripts.  I noticed that many of the spells are cast by an invisible creature and not the devas/planetars.  For example you will frequently see the message "casts Aid", "casts x" instead of "Planetar casts Aid" or "Planetar casts x".  Is this just a cosmetic issue or will it prevent the deva/planetar from being interrupted?  If its just cosmetic then that isn't game breaking, but if it affects the spell casting process then it is a bit more serious.  I hate it when the computer cheats against me and having it do so for my party isn't much better.  Either way, if/when you can spare the time I'd appreciate a look at it.

It didn't happen like that for me that way. Do the spells the planetar casts vanish from the planetar's spell repoirtorie? What I mean, are the Planetar's spells cast from memory? They all worked fine on my computer.

Tis' best to discuss these bugs in PMs rather than out in the open.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Guest_Aristothenes_*

Guest_Aristothenes_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:06 AM

Don't PNP celestials have even less hit points than Balthazar(and the Slayer?)
Afterall, Elemental princes have <100HP in PNP...

#19 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9750 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

The site has been updated with the new version. ;)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#20 Andyr

Andyr

HELLO EVERYBODY

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 4534 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

Dodgy names for creatures and so on suggest that either they're not properly assigned in the .tp2, or that a tlk-overwriting mod or patch was installed afterwards (ie dodgy install order). ;)
Since you're here, download G3 mods please...

Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

The most reliable way to get hold of me is via email (button when viewing my profile).

#21 seanas

seanas
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:14 AM

Dodgy names for creatures and so on suggest that either they're not properly assigned in the .tp2, or that a tlk-overwriting mod or patch was installed afterwards (ie dodgy install order). 

yeah, that's what i thought andyr. it wouldnt be the install order: the PnP was definitely the last installed, by about a month (ie, i've not fiddled with my install since i got it working), and no tlk-overwriting mods installed. in the .tp2, the .cre files are copied from the celestials folder to the override - and from my limited knowledge of weidu, that seems the right way to do it. my only ideas are a: it's something in the .cre files (how are the strrefs that signify .cre names allocated in BGII?); or (more likely) b: it's an artifact of my particular install.

Edited by seanas, 09 July 2004 - 05:22 AM.

#22 Andyr

Andyr

HELLO EVERYBODY

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 4534 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:51 AM

The names should be assigned in the .tp2 as well, eg:

COPY ~MyMod/MyCre.CRE~ ~override/MyCre.CRE~
SAY NAME1 ~Name~
SAY NAME2 ~Name~

If it's a copy of a file which already exists, the name won't necessarily need to be reassigned.

Could be something from your particular install, I haven't seen the code for v2 yet. ;)

Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

The most reliable way to get hold of me is via email (button when viewing my profile).

#23 seanas

seanas
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

huh. check it out:

/*Creatures*/

COPY ~Celestials/Planetar/Creatures/CA#PLAN.CRE~   ~override/CA#PLAN.cre~ //Planetar creature file

/*Spells that summon the celestials*/

from the .tp2 (Setup-Celestials.tp2 extracted from PnP_Celestials_v2.zip) i installed.

the movanic and astral devas have:

//Creatures

COPY ~Celestials/Devas/Movanic_Deva/Creatures/CA#DMOVA.CRE~     ~override/CA#DMOVA.CRE~ /*Movanic Deva*/
SAY NAME1 @11
SAY NAME2 @11

/////////////////////////////////

and

//Creatures

COPY ~Celestials/Devas/Astral_Deva/Creatures/CA#DASTR.CRE~     ~override/CA#DASTR.CRE~ /*Astral Deva*/
SAY NAME1 @10
SAY NAME2 @10

///////////////////////////////

which i guess explains why they installed correctly.

there's no reference in .tra file for the planetar either: i'm guessing that if i were to add a line number in the .tra for the planetar's name then add the SAY NAME to the .tp2 it'd work, yeah?

#24 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

You don't need to change the tra file, just add:
SAY NAME1 ~Planetar~

SAY NAME2 ~Planetar~
The string refs in the cre file are probably correct for a standard ToB install, but possibly not for a BP one.
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#25 Andyr

Andyr

HELLO EVERYBODY

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 4534 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:41 AM

Yes, what Idobek said. ;)

#26 Caedwyr

Caedwyr
  • Retired Gibberlings
  • 1286 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:27 PM

Ah, that must be the issue then. Please let people know if it works after adding those lines to the .tra and .tp2. If they do then either myself or Camdawg/Ibodek can add them to the uploaded files.

#27 seanas

seanas
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:01 PM

afraid it didnt work, unfortunately, so i'm back to b: an artifact of my install.

i tried idobek's 'say name ~Planetar~', tried a 'say name @45' with a .tra entry @45=~Planetar~ (both of these had say name1 and say name2 entries); i tried commenting out the limited wish spell which appeared to be independently causing a CTD and then trying each of the above changes; tried both tp2 changes with the existing strref in the planetar .cre and with the strref which points to planetars in my .tlk file: all caused CTDs.

each was tested in a saved SOA game, so i could be sure it wasnt the area causing the problem, each was tested by summoning a planetar and/or ctrl-i dialogues. the limited wish seemed to be crashing without any dialogues being spawned, which was why i commented it out (it was crashing after the dao left having given or not given a wish: i tried both).

there was one change though: i wasnt getting a CTD on *every* ctrl-i'd dialogue. SPMAGGLO was fine (the first called when i ctrl-i'd), MINTSBOT (the second called) caused a crash each time.

i tested the game uninstalled again, just to be sure: any amount of ctrl-i caused no drama, so i guess i'm going to have to wait til the next time i do a clean install to install PnP Celestials.

#28 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

I don't know what is causing your CDTs but it isn't bad string refs.
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#29 Caedwyr

Caedwyr
  • Retired Gibberlings
  • 1286 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:06 AM

Well, I'm stumped as to what is causing the problem. Unfortunately I don't have the experience to be able to spot the problem immediately and I will be without access to the computer I created the mod on for the next month or more due to work. If someone else can find and fix the problem then please go ahead. Otherwise I'll see what I can do in a month or more.

#30 Guest_TGM_*

Guest_TGM_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:46 AM

There were a few graphical problems with your version of Teleport Without Error in this mod Caedwyr, for example the DD animations never appeared as they should on start and arrival - I corrected them. Actually, the ability contained a bunch of unnecessary effects too, so I re-built the whole CA#TWOE.spl file based on a new logic (for Revised Celestials). If you are interested in it, I can send you the modified file to use it in Pnp Celestials too. :blush:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users