Not dead yet...

FredSRichardson

I can't promise compatibility with anything. The mod will require a lot of custom hacking. The reason being that 3.0E is so different from the old system.

It might take me a little while to get my head back into the game. The first thing I'll do is make a public beta release, so anyone brave enough can try it (at their own risk! I'll try to putting warning in bold).

First I want to make sure the installation still works. I don't think I've tried a full install from scratch recently.

-Fred

I can't promise compatibility with anything. The mod will require a lot of custom hacking. The reason being that 3.0E is so different from the old system.

It might take me a little while to get my head back into the game. The first thing I'll do is make a public beta release, so anyone brave enough can try it (at their own risk! I'll try to putting warning in bold).

First I want to make sure the installation still works. I don't think I've tried a full install from scratch recently.

-Fred

I see.

When I have some free time, I wont' hesitate to test it with a clean installation.

Thank you very much for your hard work :)

Guest Poetic Icewind

I for one am looking forward to this. I haven't finished the game as yet (I am really enjoying my very first run through of IWD :( ), but it would be fun to replay in 3rd edition rules at some point in the future.

I am SO glad to hear this isn't dead. I just got back into older RPGs, and after hearing that there was mod that converted BG1 > BG2, then SURELY there must be a mod to convert IWD > IWD2.

Looking forward to the completion of this fantastic mod.

Guest coineineagh

I *really* hope that this mod will be applicable with IWD2 mods. I tried the Icewind Gate 2 conversion by weimer, and my IWD2 mods worked fine with it, although some just wouldn't work (druid can't cast spells allowed by mods anymore).

If IWD1tutu is build in the same way, I have high hopes:)

Hey Cewander,

It's great to hear from you! Sorry I've been so inactive on this project. I've been distracted by work, some newer flashier games and Diablo II (so oddly addictive). I also have a recent computer death to deal with (but I think/hope the drive is fine).

I promise to give it another go, if I can convince anyone to try playing through it more than once :blush:

-Fred

Hey Cewander,

It's great to hear from you! Sorry I've been so inactive on this project. I've been distracted by work, some newer flashier games and Diablo II (so oddly addictive). I also have a recent computer death to deal with (but I think/hope the drive is fine).

I promise to give it another go, if I can convince anyone to try playing through it more than once :hm:

-Fred

Is there any updates for this mod? Myself and many friends have been anticipating trying it when it was first posted. I know alot fans that would give it more than one try. :thumbsup:

Archived