finding the, I mean a, black pearl... and a couple other issues

Bit of a minor issue: some mod I'm using - that's right, from Lure of the Sirine's Call - lets you talk your way past Sil. The dialogue really sets you up as an evil bastard if you want to attack her. In this setup, The Calling kinda makes you act like an evil bastard if you want to proceed... couldn't the black pearl be deposited in Sil's cave, or something?

Edited by subtledoctor

A couple other points:

- I read something on the other thread about the mod expecting you to visit Thalantyr before going to the Nashkel Mines, and being unlikely. I didn't spoil myself as the story ramifications but I had a game in progress just about to enter the mines. So I quickly ran up and saved Melicamp, and starting talking to Thalantyr about gems. Then I went and took care of Mulahey. Now I have this vial of mysterious liquid - I think this one is from UB - but I can't talk to Thalantyr about it. My only conversation options are whether I've found the gems yet.

- There is a woman on Thalantyr's doorstep complaining about the unfortunate and dangerous condition of her husband (all I'll say to spare spoiling it), and asking me if I can talk to Thalantyr on her behalf. This one I think is either ACQuest, or BGQE? Here again, with The Calling installed I cannot talk to Thalantyr about getting ingredients for a cure.

Basically this mod generally hijacks Thalantyr's dialogue and prevents any other mods from using it. I don't use Thalantyr's Item Upgrade anymore but I can only guess there may be an adverse interaction there as well. (I recall from a long time ago that Item Upgrade can itself interfere with UB, or vice versa.)

Generally there seem to be a lot of mods that involve talking to Thalantyr (four at least), and it would be nice if they were more compatible with each other.

Edited by subtledoctor

Compatibility of different mods adding to Thalantyr should be easily feasible by EXTEND_BOTTOM a reply option to his dialogue state 1 (with the True()) trigger) (and mabe also state 2 if you want), at least that's how it is done in Ascalon's Questpack and bgqe.

Note: for BGT, the same reply options need to be added to a state "35" which is introduced by BGT as the final all-true greeting dialogue state.

Out of personal interest for a so far private porject I would also appreciate if Thalantyr keeps his original dialogue instead of an "temporarily true" greeting dialogue since it could hijack my quest where Thalantyr is supposed to speak to the PC once about something.

Edited by jastey

Really interesting mod which I'm afraid I might have messed up somehow in my playthrough but I will just try and check to see if someone can help me out here.

I've talked to Grace outside the mines and she told me that Mellicamp went in. It feels like I've looked everywhere for him and talked to all the miners but their dialogue is simply the same as before the mines were cleared (as I think you are discussing here). What is supposed to happen at this stage? Am I missing something obvious?

Should I use the console to advance the quest?

Best regards,

Miridor

On 10/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, subtledoctor said:

Bit of a minor issue: some mod I'm using - that's right, from Lure of the Sirine's Call - lets you talk your way past Sil. The dialogue really sets you up as an evil bastard if you want to attack her. In this setup, The Calling kinda makes you act like an evil bastard if you want to proceed... couldn't the black pearl be deposited in Sil's cave, or something?

This is done for beta 2.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:34 AM, subtledoctor said:

I read something on the other thread about the mod expecting you to visit Thalantyr before going to the Nashkel Mines, and being unlikely. I didn't spoil myself as the story ramifications but I had a game in progress just about to enter the mines. So I quickly ran up and saved Melicamp, and starting talking to Thalantyr about gems. Then I went and took care of Mulahey. Now I have this vial of mysterious liquid - I think this one is from UB - but I can't talk to Thalantyr about it. My only conversation options are whether I've found the gems yet.

Beta 2 has restructured the additions to Thalantyr's dialogue such that the in-progress dialogues are now replies off of Thalantyr's main dialogue node. This means it should no longer block other mod dialogues that use Thalantyr.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:26 AM, Miridor said:

I've talked to Grace outside the mines and she told me that Mellicamp went in. It feels like I've looked everywhere for him and talked to all the miners but their dialogue is simply the same as before the mines were cleared (as I think you are discussing here). What is supposed to happen at this stage? Am I missing something obvious?

Melicamp should spawn around 1948.1370, the little dead-end alcove directly south of the entrance.