randomise items mode 1 doesnt work on bgee (install fail)

byungmo

thanks for your feedback

sadly it is my personal computer and there is no regulation on computer uses at all

btw.. I have changed steam installation basic folder from program x86 to c:\steam by your feed

brand new bgee folder has made in c:/steam/bg

and I run your mod but well...

it doesnt work

same error message appears :(

Can you verify that "randomiser/ssl/ssl.exe" actually exists? If so, can you make another attempt to run ssl.exe from a command prompt? It'd be something like

cd c:\steam\bg\randomiser\ssl

ssl.exe

assuming c:\steam\bg\randomiser is a valid directory. Alternatively, you should be able to press and hold Shift, right-click with your mouse in the file-explorer window and the context menu should contain the option "Open command window here". If you do that in c:\steam\bg\randomiser\ssl, you do not have to cd to the directory. There are pictures and stuff illustrating the process here.

well its actually not c:/steam/bg folder, I just had simplified it

its actual folder location is C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

well I can just change alternative steam basic older from program x86 to c:\

and the rest of folder steamapps\common\baldur's gate enhanced edition is automatically installed ones

well anyway

current situation is that I have clean bgee folder in the new folder and your mod have failed installing in random mod1

so Iet me check your the folder: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\randomiser\ssl

there is three folders and three files in the ssl folder: compile, include, ssl_out folders, and fltier.ssl, library.slb and ssl.pl

In detail, compile and ssl_out folders are completely vacant, and include folder holds two files: debug.ssl and shout.ssl

hope this info can help

thanks let me know if you need any more information on this issue

I will be gladly on it

additionally I have used the command program as your request

*type~

cd C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

*moved ok then type~

ssl.exe

Message says:

'ssl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

so Iet me check your the folder: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\randomiser\ssl

there is three folders and three files in the ssl folder: compile, include, ssl_out folders, and fltier.ssl, library.slb and ssl.pl

In detail, compile and ssl_out folders are completely vacant, and include folder holds two files: debug.ssl and shout.ssl

So there is not file called ssl.exe? That would explain why the mod fails to install. Do you have some sort of aggressive anti-virus software running that could have removed the file? If you extract the mod again, does the file exist? Somehow obtaining the file from the mod archive and placing it in randomiser/ssl/ should solve your problem.

So there is not file called ssl.exe? That would explain why the mod fails to install. Do you have some sort of aggressive anti-virus software running that could have removed the file? If you extract the mod again, does the file exist? Somehow obtaining the file from the mod archive and placing it in randomiser/ssl/ should solve your problem.

You are exactly right :)

I have avast antivirus vaccine installed on my laptop

and as you mentioned it is obvious that avast antivirus have deleted ssl.exe automatically while extracting the file.

I have checked

and you are right

In extracting file, there is ssl.exe

but in extracted folder, there is no ssl.exe

so I have turned off the avast and re-extracted the file

here it is. ssl.exe file appears

and mod install works perfectly fine

thanks for great help :))

and one more thing if it gives you some feedback

avast antivirus treat your ssl.exe as a virus file

after activating avast, it even prevents copying ssl.exe from extracted folder to game folder

it gives warning message like

"error code 0x800700E1. since ssl.exe file has a virus, your command has denied"

anyhow now I know how to deal with it :)

thanks again

Archived