BR qualified for the ranking system

Domi

Heh, BR collected the 10 qualifying votes necessary to be put into the ranking system on the Vault, and yup, managed to shoulder its way to #1 spot. I suppose, I need to expect an anti-romance squad with wood and torchers now, lol. Anyways, it's good to see it doing well enough for a niche mod.

Yeah, and it only took like 5 minutes for the Squad to show up and start giving out the slaps on the wrist (what else would one have expected?). There is just no divorcing the ranking from the modding politics. You need 10 votes from the players to get the mod into the ranking system, where the mod is searchable.

And yes, now it's also on the forums out there. The hatred works faster than love, that's for sure.

Tee-hee! My favorite so far is the suggestion that BR is not a Module at all, and probably requires its own category. How's that for making a splash with a wee OC romance?
Congratulations Domi. A #1 mod and a raging argument in one day. I'd call that a job well done. ;)

Why do those two things ring familiar? ;)

And now we've also had a case of a voter fraud. Some troll registered five or six accounts with the only goal to vote low on my wee littl' romance (and high on the lovely Harp and Chrisantemum). (Rolls her eyes). See, people, that is why ranking mods is a *bad* idea in principle.

Yeah, Attic had that and chain-commenting and hidden factions honed to perfection.... They could teach a thing or two about the dirty forum games... hopefully not though. Heh. Though they didn't do story rating, so it is a plus.

Oh, gods, who cares? It's just like, I don't know, winning or losing Iron Modder: very few people pay attention. 'Sides, they won't get it below 9 or 9.5 anyway. Four thousand people downloaded it - that's what matters.

(Though, given NWN2's popularity, I'd have expected more downloads: maybe not everyone knows that the romance exists? On the other hand, googling "Bishop Romance" shows your mod immediately, so.)

Bishop is a widely hated character in the community, so the amount of downloads is actually about 2x than I expected when I worked on it; anything above 2000 is a bonus. Mentality in the community is also not geared towards Oh! New romance is out, let's replay the OC again! NWN2 modding is about making your own game.

I don't care about it if it's the "I hate your guts" vote, I am afraid that it's one of those "OC Modifications have no place in our sacred Module category". I kind of hoped to see other folks investing into modding the OC in NWN2 since it's doable.

Archived