Clay golem curse wound and temples

ithildurnew

Not sure if this is intended behavior or a bug, but the cursed wound from SCS Clay golems apparently cannot be removed at temple services as the effect doesn't seem to be recognized as a curse.

Are there other options besides a party member casting Remove Curse/using scroll of Remove Curse, etc on a wounded character?

Kill the npc and raise him as normal. Obviously won't work if the pc is the one afflicted.

Or equip a cursed item with the wounded npc and then go to the temple to be able to choose remove curse from the price list. This will work on the pc.

Kill the npc and raise him as normal. Obviously won't work if the pc is the one afflicted.

Or equip a cursed item with the wounded npc and then go to the temple to be able to choose remove curse from the price list. This will work on the pc.

This is obviously not a fix or solution.

I added a cursed effect to the spl file used by golem curse (using Near Infinity) and it seemed to do the trick.

List of spells that can cure DW#CURSE.SPL are in 772nd line of caster_shared\caster_shared.tph:

LAF edit_spell STR_VAR spell=~devaheal %CLERIC_REMOVE_CURSE% %WIZARD_REMOVE_CURSE% %CLERIC_HEAL% %HEAL_NO_VISUAL% %WISH_HEAL_PARTY% %FINAL_HEAL% %RESTORE_FULL_HEALTH% %GENIE_LIMITED_WISH_HEAL_ALL% tg#rc27~ edits=patch_data allow_missing=1 END

I don't know which one refers to temple's remove curse, but if you want some of these spells to remove Clay golem's curse, just remove it from the list.

List of spells that can't cure DW#CURSE.SPL are in 772nd line of caster_shared\caster_shared.tph:

LAF edit_spell STR_VAR spell=~devaheal %CLERIC_REMOVE_CURSE% %WIZARD_REMOVE_CURSE% %CLERIC_HEAL% %HEAL_NO_VISUAL% %WISH_HEAL_PARTY% %FINAL_HEAL% %RESTORE_FULL_HEALTH% %GENIE_LIMITED_WISH_HEAL_ALL% tg#rc27~ edits=patch_data allow_missing=1 END

I don't know which one refers to temple's remove curse, but if you want some of these spells to remove Clay golem's curse, just remove it from the list.

That's odd, because I was able to cure golem cursed wound with the lvl 3 cleric spell Remove Curse cast by, say Aerie (without tweaking anything). I suppose it's possible that temple services use a different version, but they should both be the same remove curse spell.

If both cleric remove curse and wizard remove curse are not supposed to be viable options to deal with golem curse, what else is left?

I'm not using Spell Revision or Item Revision for spells (the only component from Item Revision I have installed is to restrict ftr/druid equipment

List of spells that can't cure DW#CURSE.SPL are in 772nd line of caster_shared\caster_shared.tph:

The problem aren't the spells. It's the fact temples won't recongnize your condition as "cursed" and won't offer RC. Temples use the same version you have.

kreso & ithildurnew, you are right. Those are the spells that removes curse.

I really don't know what to change in code to make DW#CURSE.SPL marked as "cursed". Code that makes this spell is from 731-763 in caster_shared\caster_shared.tph.

Maybe change some effect to opcode "Use EFF file as curse (283)"?

That would work I think (kind of). You'd need a seperate eff to cast the "wound" spell from golem fist weapon. Beyond me, in any case scenario. :)

On 5/9/2015 at 10:08 AM, Mad Mate said:

I really don't know what to change in code to make DW#CURSE.SPL marked as "cursed". Code that makes this spell is from 731-763 in caster_shared\caster_shared.tph.

Here's a .diff with the changes I've done to the file to fix it.

Dunno how Windows users could take advantage of this other than adding it manually, but anyone else could run their Terminal and use

patch stratagems/caster_shared/caster_shared.tph caster_share.diff

Yes, that's what I did manually via NI, add 'use EFF file as curse' to the golem curse spl file (going off the top of my head); that's all that's needed for the temple to recognize the condition as a curse and allow you to pay for a Removal

attachicon.gifcaster_shared.diff.zip

Dunno how Windows users could take advantage of this other than adding it manually, but anyone else could run their Terminal and use

Thanks CrevsDaak!

I was looking at your code and I think that MAKE_PATCH with opcode 221 refers to later list of curse-removing spells and it should be instead of your MAKE_PATCH with opcode 283.

In fact, I think that it should be enough to add this:

LAF make_spell STR_VAR spell=7c#curse edits=patch_data END
   CREATE EFF VERSION V2.0 7c#curse
     WRITE_LONG 0x10 146
     WRITE_LONG 0x14 2
     WRITE_SHORT 0x24 1
     WRITE_LONG 0x1c 1 
     WRITE_LONG 0x20 1
     WRITE_ASCII 0x30 7c#curse

MAKE_PATCH
     add_effect_inline=>~opcode=>283
                         parameter1=>1
                         parameter2=>2
                         target=>2
                         timing=>1
                         resource->"7c#curse"~
    END

before (line 763)

LAF make_spell STR_VAR spell=dw#curse edits=patch_data END

Please correct me if I am wrong.

attachicon.gifcaster_shared.diff.zip

Thanks CrevsDaak!

I was looking at your code and I think that MAKE_PATCH with opcode 221 refers to later list of curse-removing spells and it should be instead of your MAKE_PATCH with opcode 283.

In fact, I think that it should be enough to add this:

LAF make_spell STR_VAR spell=7c#curse edits=patch_data END
   CREATE EFF VERSION V2.0 7c#curse
     WRITE_LONG 0x10 146
     WRITE_LONG 0x14 2
     WRITE_SHORT 0x24 1
     WRITE_LONG 0x1c 1 
     WRITE_LONG 0x20 1
     WRITE_ASCII 0x30 7c#curse

MAKE_PATCH
     add_effect_inline=>~opcode=>283
                         parameter1=>1
                         parameter2=>2
                         target=>2
                         timing=>1
                         resource->"7c#curse"~
    END
before (line 763)

LAF make_spell STR_VAR spell=dw#curse edits=patch_data END
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I did not touch that. The lines I've deleted are marked with a - at the start and the ones I've added have a + at the start. Everything else remains unchanged (that why you need the patch utility to apply it easily).

I have just gave an extra level of indirection to the .spl by making it be applied by a .eff, I haven't touched anything else.

Archived