How does SCS treat AI clerics?

subtledoctor

Spellcasting .cre files generally have a bunch of known spells and memorized spells, and good AI code like SCS should have them cast their known spells.

My question is, does SCS change these known/memorized spells? And if so, does it take into account whether the spells are coded to exclude clerics or druids?

More specifically, consider something like the divine Remix sphere system. If it coded all Priest spells as excluded from all priests - and then grants spells sphere-by-sphere in clab tables for each kit - does this mess up SCS clerics?

I assume the answer is no - these two mods have been around forever and I've never heard of such an incompatibility. But I'm asking to confirm my assumption.

My question is, does SCS change these known/memorized spells?

Yes.

And if so, does it take into account whether the spells are coded to exclude clerics or druids?

No.

If it coded all Priest spells as excluded from all priests - and then grants spells sphere-by-sphere in clab tables for each kit - does this mess up SCS clerics?

I assume the answer is no - these two mods have been around forever and I've never heard of such an incompatibility. But I'm asking to confirm my assumption.

Your assumption is very likely to be correct. Example - SR blocks Chaotic Commands from druids, yet w/o an altered buff spell selection they will use it regardless of that fact.

Archived