I just want to say ...

Caliginous

Thank you for your kind words Ana Christina, I'll try to make sure that the whole mod keeps up that standard. And is delivered sooner, rather than later.

You're welcome. I am positive that the Mod will keep up to the standard. The few spoilers that you've so generously shared make me believe this. If mild spoilers are capable of making so many people wait with eager anticipation for Aklon, then I can only imagine that the Mod itself will get an even better reaction. Aklon looks like a well developed character, with a wonderful personality. But the thing that convinced me he was something special? This quote, from Aklon's G3 page:

Loyalty: Aklon will stay with a PC without regard to their alignment or reputation. Good and evil are not issues as far as Aklon is concerned, but beware, for Aklon can be offended and his patience is not limitless. Characters who choose to enslave Aklon should always make sure he remains where you can see him...

Loyalty is always an admirable trait in my book. Don't even get me started on what I think of the depth of his character based on the answers from the "Ask Aklon" thread. :D

Thank you for the welcome, by the way. I don't really intend to post. I only registered to follow this particular section of the forum via email and also because I wanted to thank you for the time you dedicate to what I'm sure it will be a fabulous Mod. ;)

I too now join the legions who have signed up here at the G3 forums for the sole purpose of offering meager words praise for Aklon and encouragement for BigRob. :D

Keep it up, BigRob!! I must say that from what I've seen so far, ie the sample flirts and banters, the bio, the portrait (just loooove that one that was created from a pic of Jude Law), I get this feeling that Aklon's going to be one NPC I'll enjoy having along for the ride, and romancing too... ;)

I hope you're hanging in there! And... (gosh I had promised myself I wouldn't ask, but I can't help it...) are we there yet? :D;) Good luck with the rest of your toil!!

All of Aklon's protraits, with the exception of the prototype (and the Julian Sands alternate) were based off the same picture of Jude Law. The most recent edit has been a lot more "Aklonized", I think, including the adding of some of those sharper angles, a few lines and a mole that Mr. Law doesn't have. Thankfully he's not immediately recognisable, but obviously a lot of people don't seem to mind. :D

I too now join the legions who have signed up here at the G3 forums for the sole purpose of offering meager words praise for Aklon and encouragement for BigRob. ;)

Keep it up, BigRob!! I must say that from what I've seen so far, ie the sample flirts and banters, the bio, the portrait (just loooove that one that was created from a pic of Jude Law), I get this feeling that Aklon's going to be one NPC I'll enjoy having along for the ride, and romancing too... ;)

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words Eleima. I'm gratified that you and everyone else would take the time out to post like this and I hope that Aklon is an NPC that provides everyone who plays him with a lot of fun.

And, of course, welcome to G3. ;)

I hope you're hanging in there! And... (gosh I had promised myself I wouldn't ask, but I can't help it...) are we there yet? :D;) Good luck with the rest of your toil!!

Are we there yet... well, we're getting closer, that's all I should really say. I've seen mod-makers give promises that are inevitably broken, so I'll refrain from giving real dates (if game developers can't do it, what hope do hobbyists have?). Keep an eye on the Progress thread though, I'm hoping there'll be a lot more posts in there shortly.

And, of course, welcome to G3. ;)

Thanks! ;)

Are we there yet... well, we're getting closer, that's all I should really say. I've seen mod-makers give promises that are inevitably broken, so I'll refrain from giving real dates (if game developers can't do it, what hope do hobbyists have?). Keep an eye on the Progress thread though, I'm hoping there'll be a lot more posts in there shortly.

Good enough for me!! Aklon seems well worth the wait! :D Guess I'll just have to be patient (something I've never really been good at ;) ).

I suppose all I can say is "good luck". At some point in time, I had toyed with the idea of creating my own NPC, until I started delving into all the coding and examples of dialog (thousands upon thousands of them, my favorite ones being Xan's... :D Kudos to you, Kulyok! ;) ), so I've an inkling of the amount of work you're putting into bringing Aklon to G3. So... Wow. And good luck!

All of Aklon's protraits, with the exception of the prototype (and the Julian Sands alternate) were based off the same picture of Jude Law. The most recent edit has been a lot more "Aklonized", I think, including the adding of some of those sharper angles, a few lines and a mole that Mr. Law doesn't have. Thankfully he's not immediately recognisable, but obviously a lot of people don't seem to mind. ;)

Don't ask me why, but when I saw that, I could swear it said 'alkalized' which then made me think of batteries. :D

And yes, I join the ranks of those who think he does indeed have a quite nice portrait. ;)

As a fellow Xan devotee (my favorite NPC, Kivan is a very close second), I welcome you to G3 as well, Eleima. :D

As a fellow Xan devotee (my favorite NPC, Kivan is a very close second), I welcome you to G3 as well, Eleima. ;)

Me too, me too, me too!! ;):D What is it between me and elves, I can't quite say, but let's just say that love is here to stay!

Of course, I think that prejudice won't keep me from romancing that human, yet mysterious monk with the compelling bio, knee-weakening portrait and witty, yet sweet flirts... Lovesick.gif:D

I've developed a definite "thing" for his upper lip. Anyone else notice that? Yah, I'm weird.

Yah, yah, I definitely noticed that. You know, though, I think it's his chin. It's got those strong, angular lines... Mmmmm...

definitely. Makes me purr as though someone was scratching me behind ears.

Meaow.

As a fellow Xan devotee (my favorite NPC, Kivan is a very close second), I welcome you to G3 as well, Eleima. biggrin.gif

Same here, Xan is probably my fav, after that Edwin or Kivan... and Imoen hehe.

I've developed a definite "thing" for his upper lip. Anyone else notice that? Yah, I'm weird.

Yah, yah, I definitely noticed that. You know, though, I think it's his chin. It's got those strong, angular lines... Mmmmm...

definitely. Makes me purr as though someone was scratching me behind ears.

Meaow.

As a fellow Xan devotee (my favorite NPC, Kivan is a very close second), I welcome you to G3 as well, Eleima. biggrin.gif

Same here, Xan is probably my fav, after that Edwin or Kivan... and Imoen hehe.

Okay, someone please clue me in on Kivan. From the description, it sounds like a tiny wee romance mod. Is it worth playing an entire run-though for him? Wasn't really going to bother until Aklon was done, but that might be a looong while, from what I gather.

It is *so* worth it.

The time leading up to your departure for Spellhold, your friendship deepens. You become confidantes, and more. If you played and enjoyed the BG1 NPC Project, it's like that, but more so.

While you are at Spellhold, Kivan goes through a crisis, and he needs your help.

The romance blossoms slowly, excruciatingly, after Spellhold, and it is worth every moment of agony.

There are some who would argue that the best part of falling in love are those cruel weeks/months/years of uncertainty between the time that you realize that you are in love and the time your beloved admits to the same feelings. This mod is all about those moments.

And then there are others that would argue that the best part of falling in love is when you are already comfortably placed in your beloved's affection, and all is right with the world as long as you are together. This mod is all about that, too (albeit somewhat later).

EDIT: sorry. I shouldn't be going on about Kivan on an Aklon forum, now, should I?

Kivan is worth it but I think only if you have ToB otherwise... you won't get the good stuff

which rises a question will Aklon be for ToB or for the time being SoA only?

Well done Silver! You've nicely set this topic back on track!!

So, let me ruin it just for a second ;) and say that yes, Kivan's worth it. Berelinde put it really nicely, so I don't think I've much more to add.

Back to Aklon: I've done my little research, and here's what I found out. If you check the main page of the mod here, you'll see the first line says "Aklon is a WeiDU mod that introduces a new male monk NPC, romancable by females of all races, for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal." So unless BigRob changed his mind (please say you haven't, puuleeeease! ), yes, Aklon will have a SoA and ToB part.

Archived