2H Axe location documentation - Where?

Jenavee

Why is it that neither Google nor any documentation / forum posts I could find have a spoiler list of these? At the very least the Readme could have said they're in the default locations for their 1H counterparts (assuming that's what these 2H axes are based on), if that's even true (I haven't been able to check yet). And if not, there really needs to be some way to track the damnable things down or spending proficiency points on Axes is useless.

Wrote all that while tired, sorry. Let me try again with less REEEEE.

Where can I find the 2H axes? Are they just the original 1H axes made 2H and found in the same spots? Are they new and added to various non-standard locations? Can someone update the Readme to at least give a hint as to how to find them if it's the latter?

Edited by Jenavee

Take a one handed-axe, and put a second hand on it... in game use the "talk" to the item button, or any special ability'es you gain from equipping the weapon and use that... and it will make the weapon 2 handed. Aka you don't need to find a similar weapon as it is the original. This is exactly alike the two handed Bastard swords component in one of the other mods...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Uuuh, sorry, I... apparently this is not the same like mod that I was thinking. So apparently it actually doesn't do as I believed that it would, but just places two handed +x axes to stores that have the one handed kinds, and a few other places, Watchers Keep with a golem guarding stuff, garclax at the bandit camp in BGT, one to Olaf in the Temple District, to one of Gromnir's bodyguards and one(+3) to a TOB store that doesn't sell 1 handed axe.

Sorry about that mistake...

Hi Jenavee! Imp was actually describing the changes from the Two-Handed Axe component from Tweaks Anthology, which lets you wield any existing one-handed axe as a two-hander instead.

The component adds two-handed axes of up to +5 enchantment; I'll put specifics in the spoiler tag.

This component adds regular and +1 two-handed axes to every store that sells one-handed axes of the same quality. Unenchanted ones are also available in a few other locations where other generic weapons are available (opening BG2 dungeon, WK for the magic golems). There are generic +2 and +3 two-handed axes added and a unique +4 axe that Cespenar can upgrade. Specifics:

• Generic +2 axes are available at the bandit camp (BGT/Tutu) or at the Guarded Compound (BG2)
  • Generic +3 axes are added to the ToB stores that sell generic +3 weapons
  • One of Gromnir's bodyguards has a +4 axe (the Battle Standard) that can be upgraded by Cespenar to +5