Dynaheir and Minsc gone - now what?

Angel

So I'm playing Baldur's Gate Trilogy with the BG1NPC project, and my paladin is getting along well with Dynaheir. They talk for a bit when suddenly Winski teleports in and summons a bunch of imps (which my level 5 party had a *very* hard time beating) and Dynaheir and Minsc are teleported away!

There's no indication of where they have gone, no clues, not even a journal entry. So what now? Obviously my paladin would want to save them, but I have no clue how. Is it even possible? Or are two of my favorite party members (and all their good gear!) gone for the rest of the game? The latter would really suck and likely cause me to never play with BG1NPC ever again.

So I'm playing Baldur's Gate Trilogy with the BG1NPC project, and my paladin is getting along well with Dynaheir. They talk for a bit when suddenly Winski teleports in and summons a bunch of imps (which my level 5 party had a *very* hard time beating) and Dynaheir and Minsc are teleported away!

There's no indication of where they have gone, no clues, not even a journal entry. So what now? Obviously my paladin would want to save them, but I have no clue how. Is it even possible? Or are two of my favorite party members (and all their good gear!) gone for the rest of the game? The latter would really suck and likely cause me to never play with BG1NPC ever again.

In your BG1NPC folder is a subfolder *bg1npc_docs* and a file dynaheirsquest.html.

Everything is explained there.

No need to rant in such a way.

I have checked that before coming here, of course. Here's exactly what it says:

"If you hit Dy romance active 2 after getting the journal, three days or so later Winski shows up to try to clobber/abduct Dy +/- Minsc. He either succedes, and the party members disappear with him, or he teleports away leaving a bunch of summoned imps (variable by # in party) and a special imp who chants a Domi-original spell, complete with sound effects and all the bells and whistles. If the party kills the imp, great - move on. If they don't kill it before the spell is completed, then Dy +/- Minsc are teleported away."

No further explaination, no nothing. So they are gone for good then? Sorry, but that's really a crappy and mean thing to do, and a very crummy end to an otherwise great story.

See: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17386&hl=winski

They are gone forever -

either you gave them willingly to Winski, falling for his smooth words, or you refused and Winski sent his mephits to steal them. There is one mephit spouting a spell, so if you kill that mephit before he finishes the spell, you save them. If you don't, they get taken.

Unfortunately, the best bet here is to reload to just before this, and clobber that mephit, fast. It is a long poem, and there are little cpatiuons over the top of the pertinent mephit, so the targeting is easy - as in all fantasy, if something that doesn't normally talk starts spoting poetry and making ominous casting sounds..

kill it.

fast.

because even in fantasy, that ain't natural. undecided.gif

Too late already. I figured it would be some sort of rescue scenario, so my previous save is long gone. And well, not like I have much time paying attention to a poem when there's a dozen mephits tearing my party a new one, I was already happy to just make it through alive.

So yeah, I lost two of my best party members and a ton of loot permanently with little to no advance warning. Sorry, but this mod is gonna go; this is not my idea of a good time. I'll probably keep the rest of BG1NPC as I do like most of it and I appreciate the hard work that has been put into it.

Time for some save game editing. Cheating? Perhaps. But the mod cheated first.

Archived