Aklon Anomen Banter

Guest PixieDust

Guest PixieDust

I was just wondering what kind of banter Anomen will have with Aklon. i mean i know that the two won't get along for obvious reasons, but could you give some examples of there dialog?? if it isnt to much to ask that is.

Guest Guest

i mean will he defend CHANAME if Anomen starts to flirt with her while he is present, or maybe interupt Anomen while he is speaking??

Aklon and Anomen don't really get on anyway, but when CHARNAME is around, it gets a bit nastier. But in Aklon's case, he won't be breaking in on Anomen too much, but there will be one or two spots where Aklon breaks into Anomen's romance. Most of the romance conflict from Aklon's side of things will come from an increased animosity to Anomen and a little less patience for him.

Anomen, of course, isn't quite so restrained and will be booting his way into Aklon's LTs fairly often. :)

Currently, I've only got the skeleton of their banters put together, so I don't have any real material to post, but as soon as I do, I'll put something up.

Anomen won't be made into a complete jerk though, will he?

That's one problem I have with the Kelsey mod. I understand that jealousy is needed, and it makes alot of sense that Anomen would interrupt Aklon much more then Aklon would jump in on him. I just don't want one of them turning into the other's whipping boy. Kind of turns me off to both of them.

No, I'm not turning Anomen into a total jerk for the mod. And I definately don't want one to appear to be the other's whipping boy.

There is a certain basic level of antagonism between them, even without CHARNAME getting in the way, partly because Anomen thinks Aklon is a person of low birth and low character (which he is, according to Anomen's high standards) and Aklon thinks that Anomen needs to consider consequences before he opens his mouth.

So they're going to be sniping at each other, but they'll also have a wary respect for each other too. The romance conflict might see some of that fall by the wayside, but they're not going to be clubbing one another over the head every second lovetalk either. :)

Good descision, BigRob :) I prefer the mods that highlight the positive aspects of Anomen's nature rather than dwelling on the negative ones, since BioWARE did a poor job of presenting the good side in this potentially complex NPC.

Guest Guest
No, I'm not turning Anomen into a total jerk for the mod.

Can't turn someone who already is. :D

To each their own, I suppose. I do not see Anomen in this light, though many people do.

Good descision, BigRob :) I prefer the mods that highlight the positive aspects of Anomen's nature rather than dwelling on the negative ones, since BioWARE did a poor job of presenting the good side in this potentially complex NPC.

Well said, and I agree. The lack of development is probably the main reason why so many people find him unlikable. It interests me to see how BigRob is going to handle this, as many just turn Anomen into a walking time bomb, who can barely string a logical sentence together.

I'm not a fan of Anomen myself, but I'm prepared to work with what I've been given and try to coax out some of the more pleasant aspects of his personality. Most of his bad traits (and a few of his good ones) seem to be bound up with his own sense of worth, even if they don't entirely disappear when he achieves great things later on. But Anomen is courageous and loyal and seems to respect those qualities in others (assuming his prejudices don't get in the way), so at the very least, there is a way for Aklon and Anomen to have some common ground. I'll see how things go as I get ideas for banters down, but that is the basic way I'm going to get the friendly things started.

A little like Keldorn, Aklon thinks that Anomen's main problem is being too young and some wisdom and experience will improve him considerably. Aklon will attempt to provide the former, backing up Keldorn if he's also about, though this may also be a bone of contention if Keldorn isn't.

Just like every other player, I know what Anomen's problems are and what ticks me off about him.

On another hand, when I was trying to do a reasonable Valygar-Anomen conflict (with Beyshaliban's insightful prompt), hoping to actually challenge the player to chose between the two men, I made a mental list of things that I saw in Anomen that were appealing.

For me, the strongest winning Anomen's treat is his desire to do what's right. I also like that he knows well what he wants and has guts to go for it. I like his already mentioned simple bravery and simple loyalty. There is a spark of good humor in him (Fair Edwina) that he seems to hold in check. He is also naive, as naive as Aerie and lets his hopes run high.

In other words - he is young with all good and bad that comes with it. One of the fascinating treats of the characters for me is that his faults are indeed the extension of his virtues.

Good luck, Rob :)

Archived