How do i get the EE movies back?

Barachiel

I'm using EET for the first time. I used Big World Setup to install it, using Recommended settings. I went through it very thoroughly and the mod that restores the original movies was not checked. Yet, I'm getting the old movies anyway. I'm assuming this is a feature of EET. Is there any way I can restore the BGEE-style motion comic movies? I didn't care for the horrible 00s CGI when the games were new. I don't want them now.

It is intentional. You can restore BG:EE movies by simply extracting this package into lang/en_US/movies directory (if you are using language other than English than it won't be en_US but one of the other folders)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/EE_movies.zip
Intro subtitles will be wrong though since BG1 version of the movie is longer and dialogues starts at different time stamps, so consider disabling subtitles in options language menu if the option is enabled.

Thank you! I take it I just place these in the /movies directory of my BG2EE installation and overwrite?

no problem. But no, as I mentioned:

by simply extracting this package into lang/en_US/movies directory (if you are using language other than English than it won't be en_US but one of the other folders)

there you will find files with the exact same names as those in the package. Overwrite them.

edit: of course I'm talking about BG2:EE game directory where EET is already installed. What you meant to do is overwrite already installed BG1 movies with BG:EE ones.

In next EET version these movies will be copied to EET/EE_movies directory during installation. Additional tweak will be added to EET_Tweaks to copy those over.

Could you not cut and paste them over, instead ? In the case the tweak is installed... aka it would save space.. small amount, but copying will make it larger instead. Yeah, it would make this not able to be uninstalled... but so what.

pinky-brain.jpg

Or you could just make the EET contain the whole Tweaks... blah blarg blahahahahah. .. as you already have to start the EET_end at the end of the install anyways.

new link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhbidv1vrbojbjz/EE_movies.zip?dl=1

In next EET version these movies will be copied to EET/EE_movies directory during installation. Additional tweak will be added to EET_Tweaks to copy those over.

I've tried copying the zip file contents into EET/EE_movies, overwriting the existing files, but the intro movie is still the original rather than the EE version. Am I doing something wrong?

Archived