help cannot get into ulgoth beard

Valin

Greetings all i had to reinstall everything my computer got mental on me :)

I had BG/TOTSC installed etc and than added a few extras i know one said it needed to be or was normally a good idea to install first...but I do not see why i cannot proceed into ulgoths beard(sp?) it will not highlight on the map so i can i was all the way done with bg except going into bg,and ulgoths beard,and icannot go there.Any ideas? or should i just reinstall all over again or just say heck with it.Any help would be great,Thankyou all for your time.

Remember you have to be in an adjacent area to move anywhere within BG1. I think you've got to go the farm north of Baldur's Gate first, and take the north exit out of that area, before it can work... but it's been positively ages since I've played.

Thankyou both for replying :) but i tried i went past the little house where the priestess is no little wheel icon to let me go onward,even at the farm north of baldurs gate no way to exit to Ugloth beard.Is it possible one of those little kb files i but in to get some boots,and ad a quest to the temple vestibule east of beregoest(sp?) might have messed that up,or maybe my copy (old six disc) is just to old.Any help you can give would be reatly appreciated.Thankyou for your time.

BG+ToTSC should work normally, and you have six discs, which sounds about right. I'd fault the add-ons you have installed.

Thankyou both for replying but i tried i went past the little house where the priestess is no little wheel icon to let me go onward,even at the farm north of baldurs gate

Wait-wait-wait. If you didn't see a wheel icon to move forward, when you tried to depart from the north of priestess' house, how did you get to the zombie farm? It is only available from that zone.

(Oh, and check whether you have actually installed ToTSC. Maybe even install it again).

It's buggy in the original TotSC and if you installed Dudleyfix, that probably made it worse if not impossible to reach. See this post for some suggestions.

[it doesn't help that the game map has it placed east of Baldur's Gate, when in reality it's west. Though it has a funky arrow icon on it pointing northeasterly, indicating perhaps you're supposed to go through some secret tunnel or time warp to reach it. :)]

Edit: And since this is in Noobermeet, here's a classic from a few years back:

Post subject: BG1: I can't get to Ulgoth's Bread

Andyr (via jcompton): Have you considered trying Ulgoth's Bakery?

Archived