Problem

Guest DendromutantX

Guest DendromutantX

whenever I win a drinking contest, my game terminates. Same happened when I first entered the bridge area, but after I got there through Merkath's lair, I was able to enter Bridge district withhout problems. Can you suggeest possible cause for theis nuisance?

I know that if you leave entering the Bridge district for the first time too late (after chapter 2 I think), it can crash the game. The only cure I've found for that is to use an old save. :undecided: It's a scripting thing with Lt. Aegisfield, I think.

That's a seperate issue to G3A, but the drinking contest isn't. I can't help with that, but someone'll be along shortly who can.

Guest Sedahren

Hi,

I have the G3 Anniversary mod installed, and am experiencing a bug. It plays fine up until the point where my party are transported to the base of the Gibberling 12, with Mrs Unnamed. The dialogue runs through, but the game crashes to the desktop during the fight.

Any ideas?

Sedahren.x.

At a very rough guess I would say a missing or corrupt file is trying to be accessed and crashing the game. I could be tremendously wrong though. Perhaps try reinstalling G3A and see if that fixes it. If not, Cam is currently away, so you might have to wait a little while for someone with a better idea (and more technical know-how) than me to pop up.

I had the same problem as Sedahren, the game crashing as soon as: the G12 arrival cutscene started, had run halfway through, or turned into a fight. (Tried several times, with varying results.)

There were no other problems with the Beer Quest apart from that. Think I will actually install it again and try to get some closure.

Guest Blood Beast

I have the same problem,

the encounter with G12 always crashes to desktop, always during the fight,

Another problem is Drini not appearing outside of CopperCoronet after he collects the 6 drinks, had resorted to CLUAConsole:CreateCreature.

Another crash when challenging Dewny to a chug-a-lug,

Another crash when challenging Scam to a fight,

Guest Blood Beast

After two drinks, Dewny says

Why's everything upsidedown? ..I sh' ..I sh'get back t'work..

she runs around, displays some floating text, and then crash to desktop

Guest Blood Beast

Scam snatches the drink from me right outside of Five Flagons,

I challenged him

The magnanimous Blood Beast's patience wears thin. Hand over the item or draw steel!

Dialogue ends, he says "Aieeee", drops something, and crash to desk top

As for the fight with G12, it's not always at the same spot, but always during the fight,

Hmm, I'm unable to replicate this. The one thing that both the Dewny and Scam encounter have in common is that they drop the G3DRINK1 item to the ground. Could you try consoling in the item and dropping it to see if you can replicate the issue?

I'd be surprised if that was the issue, as it uses a common ground icon (same as bags of holding, for example).

Hmm, I'm definitely at a loss here. There's nothing strange or unusual in the G3A scripting that should be causing such wonkiness. Could you send me your DEBUG files for all three mods: Tweaks, G3A, and Fixpack? Email address is webmaster@gibberlings3.net.

I'm having a similar problem - every time I win the drinking contest against Dewny, my game crashes. I can use the CLUAConsole to just get the drink, but it's such a fun quest I don't really want to. Any way to fix this?

I'm having a similar problem - every time I win the drinking contest against Dewny, my game crashes. I can use the CLUAConsole to just get the drink, but it's such a fun quest I don't really want to. Any way to fix this?

Also crashes whenever I got to get the drink back from Scam, if I've used the cheat to get it.

Archived