PnP Celestials

I also offer my services for the even newer version. This time, I will do a "script clean-up" and revamp some of the scripts so they work correctly, and I can re-package the mod in WeiDU.

On the side note, doesn't "Teleport without error" have the IWD graphics?

-Galactygon

I seem to have strange errors with PnP Celestials. The biggest, by far, is that the Monavic Deva refuses to summon. As in, I cast it, and it just won't show up; so it's more or less a wasted spell. The second issue is irritating but I'm willing to deal with it. Specifically, the Planetar has the name of "And just what kin". I'm assuming the last letter is a "d", and this is part of some conversation string. In addition, whenever the Planetar does anything, it spouts forth an Edwin line, specifically, "It would be much nicer if you would go back to collecting acorns and leave me to my thoughts. (What is it with these ignorant simians and their penchant for small talk?)" I'm pretty certain THAT'S not supposed to happen either. In case you're wondering, I have SoA, ToB, official patch, Baldurdash, and the following Mods installed:

Banterpack: all

Rogue Rebalancing: all

Underrepresented items: all

item upgrade: all

improved oasis 2: all

keto & kelsey

Oversight: all

Ascention: all

Redemption: all

sharpshooter kit

G3 tweaks:

World Map Fixes

Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

Force All Dialogue to Pause

Use Valen/Solaufein Style Interjections

Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

Weapon Animation Tweaks

Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor

Icewind Dale Casting Graphics

Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression

Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor

unfinished business: all

tactics: fighter-archer, anti-paladin kits

SimDing0 tweaks: all

one pixel productions "paper doll" upgrades

dungeon be gone

NPC kit: all

flirt pack: all

*** -> P&P Celestials

I thought installing last might make a difference, but apparently it does not. I really want to see the monavic and astral devas in action, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to ;). In any event, if you've got any way to fix this, I'd appreciate it!

Just a bit more info would be appreciated to help track down your problem. Are you unable to summon a Monadic Deva or a Movanic deva? The way you spelled it above makes it a bit unclear. Just to be clear, in 99% of all planar zones (not on the prime material plane) the deva that should be summoned is the Astral Deva. For the prime material plane, it is the Movanic Deva. In two zones that are only found in certain mods (though I am planning on adding an additional zone to the list when I get around to updating this mod) you can summon the Monadic deva. So the Monadic is pretty much just an easter egg type inclusion. Most people won't even see it.

As for the messed up dialogue strings, it seems that I was a bit disorganized in which particular stings I used weidu to assign and which I just trusted that my install was the original unmodded and unchangeable version (I can't figure out why I did this either... Go figure.) Hopefully I should have all those fixed in the next version, as well as some fancy weidu code that will make this mod a bit more compatible with some other mods which change similar things. As for the Planetar spouting out funny lines, it may be related to the other problems. Galatygon is the one who did the scripts, so I'll see what he knows about this.

As for when I'll get these changes done, don't hold your breath. I have a huge number of things to do in real life, not the least including finishing off my final term of university, finding a post graduation job, and some little things know as an undergrad thesis. Still, stranger things have happened.

Guest Nosuchthing

I downloaded your "Oversight" according to instructions, only to receive a Fatal Error and then being unable to delete the files I had downloaded. Serves me right for being stupid, or do you have an explanation?

Oversight is a mod by Kish. I'm not sure about the fatal error, but when I've been unable to delete files it almost always turns out that the file is not there and the directory is just reporting wrong. Closing and opening the directory has normally fixed that problem. However, that doesn't really have much to do with PnP Celestials. Maybe a computer guru would know more about the situation than I do.

May as well re-use a blank sheet of paper.... :undecided::)

Caedwyr - are you still interested in combat scripts for your Celestials? I started looking at doing such a thing today but I'm no DnD lawyer and there's a bunch of (probably) stupid questions I need to ask.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth

Caedwyr,

PnP Celestials is copying over the Paladin Summon Deva spell as a 7th level spell.

PALADIN_SUMMON_DEVA {1} [spCl923 - 4923]

This is occassionally causing the eSeries to crash to desktop, if installed after PnP Celestials.

Setting the level of the spell to 1 avoids these crashes.

Thanks,

I'll take a look at updating this to fix some of these bugs and to implement Polish translation over the next few days. One of the things I've been meaning to do, but have lacked the motivation is to change how the spells are patched so it is less destructive and more compatible with other mods.

This bit of code added to the .tp2 will avoid overwriting the spells and will set the spell level of the Paladins version of Summon Deva (SPCL923.spl) to 1, preventing the game crashes (HaveSpell(), HaveSpellRES() problem).

as noted below, Macready provided the code.

// .tp2 modification by Cirerrek
// 20 March 2006
// code courtesy of Macready

COPY_EXISTING ~SPCL923.spl~ ~override~  /*Paladin Innate spell to summon deva through invis and invulen creature*/

WRITE_LONG 0x34 1  // set the spell level to 1 to avoid HaveSpell() HaveSpellRES() crashes

/* Determine number of spell effects */
 READ_LONG 0x0064 "extHeaderOffset"
 READ_SHORT 0x0068 "extHeaderCount"

SET "effectsCount" = 0
 FOR (counter = 0; counter < "%extHeaderCount%"; counter += 1) BEGIN
   READ_SHORT ("%extHeaderOffset%" + ("%counter%" * 0x28) + 0x1E) "effectsTemp"
   "effectsCount" += "%effectsTemp%"
 END

/* Loop through spell effects and look for opcode 177 (Use EFF file) */
 READ_LONG 0x006A "effectsOffset"

FOR (counter = 0; counter < "%effectsCount%"; counter += 1) BEGIN
   READ_SHORT ("%effectsOffset%" + ("%counter%" * 0x30)) "opcode"
   PATCH_IF ("%opcode%" == 177) THEN BEGIN
     WRITE_ASCII ("%effectsOffset%" + ("%counter%" * 0x30) + 0x14) ~CA#INV1~ #8
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~SPWI923.spl~ ~override~  /*Wizard spell to summon planetar*/

SET "effectsCount" = 0
 END

WRITE_ASCII ("%effectsOffset%" + ("%counter%" * 0x30) + 0x14) ~CA#PLAN~ #8
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~SPPR726.spl~ ~override~  /*Cleric spell to summon deva through invis and invulen creature*/

SET "effectsCount" = 0
 END

WRITE_ASCII ("%effectsOffset%" + ("%counter%" * 0x30) + 0x14) ~CA#INV1~ #8
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Note, you'll want to comment out the following lines of .tp2 code

//COPY ~Celestials/Summon_Spells/_Spl/SPCL923.spl~    ~override/SPCL923.spl~ /*Paladin Innate spell to summon deva through invis and invulen creature*/
//COPY ~Celestials/Summon_Spells/_Spl/SPPR726.spl~    ~override/SPPR726.spl~ /*Cleric spell to summon deva through invis and invulen creature*/
//COPY ~Celestials/Summon_Spells/_Spl/SPWI923.spl~    ~override/SPWI923.spl~ /*Wizard spell to summon planetar*/

Thanks,

Edited by cirerrek

I get a number of Resource Not Found errors when I try to decomplie CA#DASTR.BCS with NI.

The offending resources are:

SPSPAINI

CA#UWORD

LC1CLEAN

SPSOHOPI

I assume that CA#UWORD and LC1CLEAN are custom spells, but I can't find them located in the Celestials directory.

SPSPAINI and SPSOHOPI are visual effects. Looks to be related to when the Celestial dies.