Photo

SCS error issue, possible BWS/EET problem.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Brunardo

Brunardo
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

ANyone can help and unsure if this is more BWS/EET issue as just set my modded playthrough up and some components from SCS for BG1 skipped. Saw that SCS was put in the BG2 folder so downloaded SCS v.30 again to BG1/SOD folder 806 and started to download those BG1 skipped components I wanted, mainly improved battles, but got the error details below...please any help on what can I do 

Spoiler

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Modders
  • 1256 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

ANyone can help and unsure if this is more BWS/EET issue as just set my modded playthrough up and some components from SCS for BG1 skipped. Saw that SCS was put in the BG2 folder so downloaded SCS v.30 again to BG1/SOD folder 806 and started to download those BG1 skipped components I wanted, mainly improved battles, but got the error details below...please any help on what can I do 

Spoiler

This is neither a BWS/EET issue nor an SCS issue but NO ISSUE at all. EET imports what it needs into BG2EE. SCS does its modifications on the imported modded game + the BG2EE contents. You play EET from the BG2EE portion.

Whatever manipulations you do with SCS on your BGEE game is completely irrelevant.

There are clear install instructions for EET and for SCS with EET - BWS does it all for you. If you think you know better that is up to you...

Sorry, should not tamper with this.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 March 2017 - 08:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 876 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

you are not supposed to install SCS on BG:EE. If you use BWS for installation than the tool should patch the mod to support EET natively (via Big World Fixpack) which means once it's installed on top of EET it will patch both BG:EE and BG2:EE content that is already present in EET.

What components have been skipped? I can check if they install in my game (although they were already tested in past, so there may be a problem with BWS rather than patched SCS code).

Edited by K4thos, 26 March 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#4 Brunardo

Brunardo
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

you are not supposed to install SCS on BG:EE. If you use BWS for installation than the tool should patch the mod to support EET natively (via Big World Fixpack) which means once it's installed on top of EET it will patch both BG:EE and BG2:EE content that is already present in EET.

What components have been skipped? I can check if they install in my game (although they were already tested in past, so there may be a problem with BWS rather than patched SCS code).

Thanks Kythos,

I attached the details below and the bottom has all the mods that didnt install when finished my BWS EET setup. MOst of the mods and also components of SCS did install fine except for a few and noticed they were the BG1 and thought maybe I could try downloading again onto BG1 folder but it didnt work...

I appreciate if you can take a look and also maybe why some other mods I wanted like DTOSC, sandrah mod etc didnt download when I initially started...I forgot that I did set up BWS/EET with BG1/2 under program filesx86 and under another thread was told that was a mistake...

Spoiler

#5 Brunardo

Brunardo
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

This is neither a BWS/EET issue nor an SCS issue but NO ISSUE at all. EET imports what it needs into BG2EE. SCS does its modifications on the imported modded game + the BG2EE contents. You play EET from the BG2EE portion.

Whatever manipulations you do with SCS on your BGEE game is completely irrelevant.

There are clear install instructions for EET and for SCS with EET - BWS does it all for you. If you think you know better that is up to you...

Sorry, should not tamper with this.

Hi Roxanne, I think the problem stems from my initial BWS/EET set up under programx86 as forgot thats an issue under another thread and should just be doing a clean install again and put BG1/2 under another folder...Think I might just save these missed components for my next playthrough as already have enough modded content.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users