Type=Application
Name=Enhanced Edition Trilogy
GenericName=Enhanced Edition Trilogy
Comment=Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)
Icon=/Users/ost/Beamdog Library/eet/EET/docs/images/EET.ico
Exec="/Users/ost/Beamdog Library/eet/start.sh" ""
Categories=Game;
Path=/Users/ost/Beamdog Library/eet

The Exec= line makes no sense. There isn't a start.sh file in the eet folder. It could explain the first of the two error messages ...unexpected EOF while ...

Edited by StefanO

There is a autoinst.sh script in the "other" directory. I don't know if it is used at all but if called it will not run successfully:

#!/bin/sh

#this is meant to be run in eet/other/

./weidu --force-install 0 --skip-at-view --language 0 --args-list p "/Applications/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00806/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources" 
Edited by StefanO
The Exec= line makes no sense. There isn't a start.sh file in the eet folder. It could explain the first of the two error messages ...unexpected EOF while ...

the code was contributed. Any chance for you to fix it? No idea how to make shortcuts on OSX.

There is a autoinst.sh script in the "other" directory. I don't know if it is used at all but if called it will not run successfully:

it's not used, I will delete it.

Edited by K4thos

The EET.desktop file isn't needed at all. Even worse: MacOS doesn't recognise the desktop file extension.

I agree with Jarno: Get rid of the EET.desktop file. Simply let the user call the bg2ee executable from the eet directory.

"finder" is the name of the MacOS file manager. Within "finder" the user can easily create shortcuts or create aliases in an other directory (e. g. Desktop). Not much difference to Win10.

Edited by StefanO

ok, if there is no chance for mac code contribution for icon creation it will be removed for that operating system. As for windows - shortcut will stay. It's already optional (you can disable creation via -s parameter during installation). I find deleting the shortcut less tedious then creating new one and renaming it. Also there was a guy who installed EET with BWS and tried to play it using BG:EE installation, so yeah...

StefanO, please let me know if removing this code fixes the issue:

<<<<<<<< .../shortcut.sh
#!/bin/sh
cat > $HOME/EET.desktop << TEETEE
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Value=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Enhanced Edition Trilogy
GenericName=Enhanced Edition Trilogy
Comment=Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)
Icon=$PWD/EET/docs/images/EET.ico
Exec="$PWD/start.sh" ""
Categories=Game;
Path=$PWD
TEETEE
>>>>>>>>
    COPY + ~.../shortcut.sh~ ~shortcut.sh~
    AT_NOW ~./shortcut.sh~
    DELETE + ~shortcut.sh~

but it's from EET.tp2, not setup-EET_end.tp2, so unless the reported problem showed up during main component installation this won't be enough.

Edited by K4thos

Sorry. No change.

Something in EET_end calls the command line (bin/sh) two times in order to execute a shell command (specified after the -c option), e.g. /bin/sh -c 'ls -l'

The first error indicates that the command isn't properly enclosed.

The second error indicates an incomplete command.

Is there any weidu debug option that helps to localise the problem?

Edited by StefanO

Also there was a guy who installed EET with BWS and tried to play it using BG:EE installation, so yeah...

Yeah, and there's like a 100 000 that haven't, simply because todays the instructions tell them in BWS that the game is started at the BG2 directory. Actually there's 10x amount(aka millions) of that if you count the BGT-weidu too... while there the amount of people could have been 50:50 before the instructions. Not that anyone reads instructions. After all, one installs the EET to the BG2EE directory... and the setup asks for the BGEE(SotDs) directory, so imagining that the game starts in the BG2EE directory is a not so far fetched thing.

Jarno, it doesn't help when one game directory is called "00783" and another "00806" - that's the default naming after installing from Beamdog client. Downloading from steam is even more confusing with games nested within 10 subfolders. Mistakes like that are normal, imo. It's anecdotal but I personally prefer to start the game from shortcut rather than looking where the hell it's installed (downloading from Beamdog store doesn't create a shortcut btw.). I don't think I'm the only one. And I don't think that everybody even know how to create a shortcut. I've assisted stuff like renaming files extensions (due to hidden extensions set by default in windows) multiple times, you can't expect that everyone is tech-savy. Hence the reasoning to keep the shortcut. There's that magic "delete" key which you can use to get rid of it in a second.

StefanO, there are only 2 calls to shell in the eet_end code:

AT_NOW ~rm -f %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra~ EXACT
    AT_NOW ~./EET/weidu_%WEIDU_OS% --noautoupdate --no-auto-tp2 --traify-tlk --min %str_min% --out "%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra"~

second one has been already fixed (this was that "no such file" error). First is needed as a workaround for weidu bug - deleting the file with weidu DELETE function may result in broken TRA file generated by --traify-tlk. Keeping the file and overwritting it also has the same issue. Try to remove both of these lines just to be sure that the problem lays here. If yes please try this:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra~ BEGIN
        AT_NOW ~rm -f %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra~ EXACT
    END
    AT_NOW ~./EET/weidu_%WEIDU_OS% --noautoupdate --no-auto-tp2 --traify-tlk --min %str_min% --out "%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra"~

also maybe %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/saves.tra in AT_NOW should be enlosed with quotes?

Edited by K4thos

Jarno, it doesn't help when one game directory is called "00783" and another "00806" - that's the default naming after installing from Beamdog client.

Well, considering my games Game -folder is still BG2EE(well, ok it's actually "E:\Pelit\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition"), I don't know what you are talking about. After all, ALL good install programs will allow you to set the install folder's name... not set it to blah. And set the default to a Known fact, and enable a well set structure to alter the whole construction. Aka allow ease access to elsewhere. Don't know about steam, but the install I used for example assumes nothing much, aka it gave the default to be: "C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition".. in a line that was easy to edit, so I didn't bother to rename the folder as I still had the non-EE version also installed, and that made this one distinct.

And think on this, if you intent to install the EET, shouldn't you be able to tell it where the install folder is, after all you are installing the mod onto it, possibly you are already in it to do the install. And you already have the BG2EE quick icon automatically assigned to the game in the folder. The EET is nothing special about that, aka it doesn't change the fact, that it's still modified BG2EE, just like the BGT-weidu didn't, it's still just a modified BG2 game.

There's that magic "delete" key which you can use to get rid of it in a second.

Where, after uninstalling the BG2EE ... ? See the problem there... after all the uninstall program(aka weidu) is not run during the vanilla games uninstall. So there's players that could assume stuff, and have the "EET installed still" after uninstalling the BG2EE from the Control Panel, after all "you don't need the vanilla when you have the modified game"... but nope, that's not true. As the modified game is the whole vanilla plus the mods. So the player is left with a EET quick icon that already leads to a program that already has a quick icon assigned to it, and when the player goes and removes that program, the EET's quick icon is not removed and leads to NOWHERE. And yes, I am aware of the Del button in my keyboard, but one shouldn't need to use it as it's not the final thing as you suggest, it just moves the icon elsewhere(the trashbin). Edited by Jarno Mikkola